Which Internet Plan to Read Kindle Only?

Djptcp

I always haul a lot of paperbacks to read on our cruises and would like to just bring my Kindle Fire to read books. Won't bring laptop or need to use a cell phone, just Kindle. Which of the service plans would I need to pay for in order to do this? Sailing on the Miracle on April 21st.

As long as you have downloaded them into your Kindle, not in your cloud, you don't need any connection to read them.  I travel with my main paperwhite, but I also have the kindle app on my ipad mini, and if I think I may want to read on it, I pull them down to it also.  EM

If you have a library card to your local library, download the Overdrive app. I turn on my WiFi, download 5 free books, and then turn off my WiFi so I can keep the books beyond the 2 weeks. Did I mention free? Love it!

I read from my Kindle Fire every day and it doesn't work unless I have access to WiFi. If I bring it in the car it works for just a short time and then stops I didn't know about airplane mode. I get my books from Overdrive from the local public library. Thanks for all your suggestions and I'm going to try it this cruise.

As others have said, maybe you haven’t actually downloaded the book to read onto your Fire. It’s usually a 2 step process from wherever you get your books, in most cases.  The Fire is similiar to other tablets, and once books, movies, tv shows, are downloaded onto the device,  you should be able to read or watch offline. I have hundred of books on my Kindle app for IPad, but they sit in a cloud until I download to my iPad.

Check out Bookbub...lots of free books daily. 

The trick is make sure you download them TO YOUR KINDLE and OPEN them when you have wifi.  A lot of times you are reading from the cloud on the fire without realizing it. Turn it on airplane mode and you should be fine without internet access.  Test it at home first to be sure.