2021-2022

laurieb

We've been to Manta and Guayaquil.

If they're calling Manta the port for Quito, that's disingenuous as it's a half day's drive.

Not much in Manta itself (rebuilding from earthquake a couple years ago) but there are some day trips. We went to the village of Montecristi which was nice as well as the museum of Ecoador's founding father. There was a decent nature preserve walk that other cruisers on our NCL ship went on, and they said that was good.

Guayaquil is a large industrial city and we were there with Lindblad en route to/from Galapagos. They plopped us in the Hilton and told us in no uncertain terms not to go out alone on the streets. One couple did and didn't get two blocks before they were express-kidnapped. We got a panoramic of the city the next day. Impressive port. Best part of town was the very modern Departures terminal at the aeroport 🙂

Edited by Shawnino
typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Manta (Quito), Ecuador Cruise Port. Manta, Ecuadoris a well- preserved historical site in the capital of Quito, Ecuador. The cruise port of Manta can boast of the Galapagos Islands to its west, and the Andes to its east.

Are there other cruise ports in Ecuador?

There is a cruise port in Guayaquil. I'm really just guessing, but there are regular flights Guayaquil to Galapagos. I stayed in Quito last year for a few days before doing a week cruise in Galapagos. The flight was Quito-Guayaquil, stay on the plane and then on to Galapagos.  I loved Quito and would love to return. Galapagos was amazing. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is a cruise port in Guayaquil. I'm really just guessing, but there are regular flights Guayaquil to Galapagos. I stayed in Quito last year for a few days before doing a week cruise in Galapagos. The flight was Quito-Guayaquil, stay on the plane and then on to Galapagos.  I loved Quito and would love to return. Galapagos was amazing. 

Phil 

We did the same Quito-Guayaquil-Baltra, in steps. I think the airline was Aerogal which was in process of rebranding as Avianca Ecuador. There seemed to be a handful of narrowbody fdlights each day to Baltra in the Galapagos. They space them out, I'm told, because the inspections/disinfecting of gear is taken rather seriously.

Galapagos was good but I grew weary of always being minded. Some walks were too strenuous for me, so I had to stay on the ship. You are never allowed to walk at your own pace, you never get 'alone time' on the beach, etc. etc. I understand that they are all about preservation and preservation must come first, but it felt like overkill. The schedules were fixed and firm as the ship had strict three hour windows when it could tender people into a specific island for the regimented walking. A unique open-air museum with a guided tour of incredibly tame animals, but zero sense of exploration and discovery for me. 

15 hours ago, uktog said:

A couple of appealing ones but like Excited of Harpenden (Phil) too many bad experiences with early bookings and itinerary changes, redeployments and worst of all price drops so will also not be making any reservations.  I am open minded on the room I have so no need to rush for a favourite and if a cruise sells out before I book, it wasn't meant to be 🙂

We also intend to play the waiting game in the future, we can be totally flexible,  if nothing comes up that we fancy so be it.

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

azamaracruisedestinations . com has uploaded all the itineraries with full details for 2021/22. You can check them out.

Thanks for that link.  I like the Amsterdam to Lisbon itinerary 8/21 on Journey.  Never seen an itinerary quite like that one, but I'm sure I could get better pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawnino said:

We did the same Quito-Guayaquil-Baltra, in steps. I think the airline was Aerogal which was in process of rebranding as Avianca Ecuador. There seemed to be a handful of narrowbody fdlights each day to Baltra in the Galapagos. They space them out, I'm told, because the inspections/disinfecting of gear is taken rather seriously.

Galapagos was good but I grew weary of always being minded. Some walks were too strenuous for me, so I had to stay on the ship. You are never allowed to walk at your own pace, you never get 'alone time' on the beach, etc. etc. I understand that they are all about preservation and preservation must come first, but it felt like overkill. The schedules were fixed and firm as the ship had strict three hour windows when it could tender people into a specific island for the regimented walking. A unique open-air museum with a guided tour of incredibly tame animals, but zero sense of exploration and discovery for me. 

You have to be match fit for sure.  I stayed on the boat once for a rest day.  I was on a 16 guest catamaran (which for all of the trip was not full) and thought the whole experience with our private guide was amazing.  In my view and having done it, if you are doing a Galapagos exploration then one of these small boats is the way to go.  I wouldn’t want to do, for example one of the Celebrity vessels like Flora or Xpedition.  

Just looked at the itinerary and the cruise from Miami to Lima goes to both Manta and Guayaquil. 

Phil

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You have to be match fit for sure.  I stayed on the boat once for a rest day.  I was on a 16 guest catamaran (which for all of the trip was not full) and thought the whole experience with our private guide was amazing.  In my view and having done it, if you are doing a Galapagos exploration then one of these small boats is the way to go.  I wouldn’t want to do, for example one of the Celebrity vessels like Flora or Xpedition.  

Just looked at the itinerary and the cruise from Miami to Lima goes to both Manta and Guayaquil. 

Phil

That one looks very interesting.  We have never done Panama Canal.  Also could combine machu picchu with this.   

Miami, Florida 

Florida Keys, Florida

George Town, Grand Cayman

At Sea  Jan

Puerto Limon - costa Rica

Cartagena, Colombia

Cartagena, Colombia

Panama Canal, Panama

At Sea

Manta - ecuador

Guayaquil - ecuador

At Sea

Salaverry (trujillo) - peru

Lima, Peru

Lima, Peru port: Callao  

Prices to Black Sea and Istanbul are outrageous. I think I will just go back to Istanbul on my own now that they have a new airport and things seem to be quieting down there. I havebeen to Istanbul 3 times but want to take one more trip there. But not for those prices!

So disappointed but maybe Celebrity will return to Istanbul now that AZ has. And hopefully prices will be cheaper.

Edited by ptrpanpens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

Prices to Black Sea and Istanbul are outrageous. I think I will just go back to Istanbul on my own now that they have a new airport and things seem to be quieting down there. I havebeen to Istanbul 3 times but want to take one more trip there. But not for those prices!

So disappointed but maybe Celebrity will return to Istanbul now that AZ has. And hopefully prices will be cheaper.

Azamara river cruises now offer a three-night Istanbul extension on their Budapest to Giurgiu itineraries.

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Azamara river cruises now offer a three-night Istanbul extension on their Budapest to Giurgiu itineraries.

Azamara River Cruises - ??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Oops.  I meant AmaWaterways river cruises.  Too many favorites that start with 'A'!

I thought I was missing something. But thanks Iwill take a look at AMA be ause I want to go to  Budapest too. Thanks.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, uktog said:

I think its an overnight in Ecuador that allows an excursion to the Galapagos so its a quick tick box -  but I might have that wrong....

Seabourn offers both a 5 night and a 7 night Galapagos excision.... perhaps it’s something similar.  It’s insanely expensive and you’re way better off booking Celebrity Flora as a separate cruise/trip.

No Alaska, no Caribbean, no Australia / New Zealand.  Interesting.  Not much new though... 

Good to see Istanbul and the Black Sea back but sadly, I’m sceptical.  The chance of one idiot blowing himself up in Istanbul between now and then is so large that I fear these itineraries will most likely result in redeployment 🙁

On 4/23/2019 at 11:46 AM, BBMacLaird said:

I've heard from our LCV Ambassador that tomorrow (4/23/19) we will open all the new itineraries (2021 and Q1-2022) to the general public, and the itinerary details will be published in full on our Azamara website.

They will be available to all to book through your Travel Agent, by calling or online.

Hi Bonnie. I was just trying to book in a 2022 cruise with no luck. It lists my deposit amount at $0 and will not hold the room. Only 1 room left and I hope its still available tomorrow. I note it is now the 24th in the US. So should be fine to book.

Thanks,

Chris

55 minutes ago, Chris86 said:

Hi Bonnie. I was just trying to book in a 2022 cruise with no luck. It lists my deposit amount at $0 and will not hold the room. Only 1 room left and I hope its still available tomorrow. I note it is now the 24th in the US. So should be fine to book.

Thanks,

Chris

I cannot think there's only one room left.

Betting whole thing is a computer glitch.

4 hours ago, Chris86 said:

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris86, which ship/2022 voyage are you trying to book? Please post here and I'll pass it along to the IT team to check.

Also, our LCV team would like you to email them with more information. They are standing by to help you!

leclubvoyage@azamara.com

9 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Chris86, which ship/2022 voyage are you trying to book? Please post here and I'll pass it along to the IT team to check.

Also, our LCV team would like you to email them with more information. They are standing by to help you!

leclubvoyage@azamara.com

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread in regards to my booking. The online booking is still down but the phone reps secured the room. I have the room on hold. This is my first Azamara booking so new to the cancellation policy. I've read conflicting information. So would like to confirm.

Both Azamara reps confirmed on the phone that I will only be charged a $25pp aud fee to cancel. I can also switch to a promotion or upgrade my room up until final payment with no charge. After final payment the cancelation policy kicks in.

Now this is where I'm slightly confused. No mention of this $25 fee exists on the Australia terms and conditions which I pointed out to the second lady. It simply states $100aud per person is payable from 120 days plus. She said this is only after the final payment period.

I've also read deposits are non-refundable somewhere else.

Obviously Azamara constantly have promotions / fire sales so I assume I will be taking advantage of this at some point. Can you please confirm what the rep's have told me is correct.

Some interesting itineraries around France and Spain. Too bad the Spanish Intensive misses Oporto on both sailings, that would have swayed us. Prices are very high. We currently have a Regent Cruise booked for that time frame at lower than anything I looked at on Azamara and twice the size of cabin.  Hope there’s some good promos.