2021-2022

laurieb

They just sent the email out which links to a list of itineraries with no ability to look at the full details or prices. I would have thought it would be better to update the website then send the email out but this is a typical Azamara process!

Yes, it looks like an appetite whetter. I like the look of the 16 night Colombia, Ecuador and Peru voyage.  It mentions Galapagos too. I suspect this is a tour add on and very pricey. Will wait and see. Based upon my recent experiences I will NOT be booking early, but interested to see. 

Phil 

• Like 3

There appears to be some itinerary gaps so perhaps not quite complete . . . also, I guess they have abandoned the summer in Alaska for one ship, I kind of wondered how that worked out as there's so many ships in Alaska already!  Lots of summer choices in Europe which I am very happy with!

33 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

I am thrilled they are finally putting Istanbul back on their itineraries. The Black Sea cruise looks interesting.

Looks very appealing to me as well. We had a trip to Istanbul planned that was cancelled due to the political situation there. I’ve looked into Black Sea cruises in the past, and they are VERY pricey!

• Like 1

A couple of appealing ones but like Excited of Harpenden (Phil) too many bad experiences with early bookings and itinerary changes, redeployments and worst of all price drops so will also not be making any reservations.  I am open minded on the room I have so no need to rush for a favourite and if a cruise sells out before I book, it wasn't meant to be 🙂

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

A couple of appealing ones but like Excited of Harpenden (Phil) too many bad experiences with early bookings and itinerary changes, redeployments and worst of all price drops so will also not be making any reservations.  I am open minded on the room I have so no need to rush for a favourite and if a cruise sells out before I book, it wasn't meant to be 🙂

Agree, I too have been bitten by the itinerary changes and fire sale mentality.

Received the e.mail.we will probably stick with our first idea for South Africa march 2021.  We did almost everything in Europe and my husband say no more europe maybe exception for norwegian fjord. No interest in Egypt, Turkey, Dubaï or anything around that area. Now wait and see if there is a real promo for South africa someday

I've heard from our LCV Ambassador that tomorrow (4/23/19) we will open all the new itineraries (2021 and Q1-2022) to the general public, and the itinerary details will be published in full on our Azamara website.

They will be available to all to book through your Travel Agent, by calling or online.

7 hours ago, cpgrneyes said:

Looks very appealing to me as well. We had a trip to Istanbul planned that was cancelled due to the political situation there. I’ve looked into Black Sea cruises in the past, and they are VERY pricey!

And they still are. I was able to look at the pricing for that itinerary, which has been on our bucket list for a few years. Balconies are going for upwards of $7000pp, suites start at $9199.

5 hours ago, uktog said:

That will be our strategy as well. We still have 2 cruises booked as placemarkers (we had 4 but just cancelled two as final payment was looming) so I may move one of them, but I think I will bid them farewell also. We’re thinking we will book a trip to Europe and see if an appealing cruise pops up for a good price some times 2-3 months out.

Having said that, we are currently winging our way to Tokyo to join Quest on Saturday and I’m glad that I booked this cruise as soon as I received the first email. It sold like hot cakes and the few remaining insides and OVs are going for more than what we paid for our Sunset Verandah (which I guess we’ll never book again since they’ve changed that designations.

15 hours ago, uktog said:

I think its an overnight in Ecuador that allows an excursion to the Galapagos so its a quick tick box -  but I might have that wrong....

It's nearly 2 hours flight time each way Guayaquil to Galapagos. You need more time there than an overnight can accomplish I think. There's so much to see you need at least three days and even then will only touch the surface. Maybe a cruise tour like for example Iguazu Falls or Machu Picchu. And I'm thinking it will be very expensive. Will wait and see. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's nearly 2 hours flight time each way Guayaquil to Galapagos. You need more time there than an overnight can accomplish I think. There's so much to see you need at least three days and even then will only touch the surface. Maybe a cruise tour like for example Iguazu Falls or Machu Picchu. And I'm thinking it will be very expensive. Will wait and see. 

Phil 

The only cruise port in Ecuador appears to be in Quito.  If the Azamara cruises begin or end in Quito, that does make it easy to do a Galapagos cruise either right before or right after the cruise on either Celebrity or Silversea.  We are doing Galapagos next year and there are some interesting day trips from Quito.  We wouldn't be interested in Quito since we'll be there next year, but I'm interested to see what Azamara has planned for South America.  

1 minute ago, hubofhockey said:

The only cruise port in Ecuador appears to be in Quito.  If the Azamara cruises begin or end in Quito, that does make it easy to do a Galapagos cruise either right before or right after the cruise on either Celebrity or Silversea.  We are doing Galapagos next year and there are some interesting day trips from Quito.  We wouldn't be interested in Quito since we'll be there next year, but I'm interested to see what Azamara has planned for South America.  

Going to take some doing to sail into Quito.

13 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

Going to take some doing to sail into Quito.

Manta (Quito), Ecuador Cruise Port. Manta, Ecuadoris a well- preserved historical site in the capital of Quito, Ecuador. The cruise port of Manta can boast of the Galapagos Islands to its west, and the Andes to its east.  

Are there other cruise ports in Ecuador?  Okay, I see your point.  They call it Quito but it is hours away.

image.jpeg.f29c6293e3e4a6b11e8829237e0b1575.jpeg

Edited by hubofhockey