Might Be Giving Up

JamieLogical

No one wants to deal with MSC customer service, but sometimes you have to. I find early on a Saturday a good time, also stay on top of things, dont leave it too long before calling back. Only deal with one thing at a time. And if the CSA is uncooperative or too stupid, hang up and try again, there are some good ones out there. And tell them what you want them to do, in your case, " my bellisima discount is missing, you need to put it back, it was there, now its gone, you need to put it back!"

5 hours ago, NJGeorge said:

Any  developements or resolutions?

Nothing much. Filled out the "call me" form again, emailed the last customer service rep I spoke to directly (i have her email address now), emailed the existing reservations email that someone had posted earlier, and filled out the general customer service form online. The only response I received to any of that was an email back from the general customer service form telling me to email the existing reservations email address (which I had already done).

Well, I got a pair of emails during my lunch break. The first was from MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com and said:

"I have sent the booking to get adjusted the 10+5% Beauty at sea promotional discount. Please allow 7-10 days in order to complete the request."

The second was from the customer service rep I had spoken on the phone with last time I called in, the same one I had emailed directly to follow up with last Tuesday. Her response said:

"I would like to let you know that  Reservations Department is working in your request. Please give us a few days in order to get your 10% discount back."

The Existing Reservations email was in response to my email directly to that address, which I sent on Friday, April 19.

So, finally a little recognition at least, but still being told to wait even longer. Remember, I first opened this issue with MSC on March 20. I had resolved to give them until May 4th to get this sorted out, because we've been considering a sailing on the NCL Breakaway for September as our back-up plan and final payment for THAT cruise is due May 4th (NCL requires final payment at 120 days out). So, we will see whether or not MSC does in fact make these updates to our booking within the next week.

• Like 1

Looks like your dilligence will pay off. 

My DW has her heart set on the MSC Splendida leaving from Keil Germany on Sept. 2020.

While I miss the PCC service from NCL , I am going to stick it out with MSC and their lackluster customer service.

I applied for the  platinum match a couple of days ago. We will see.......

Have a nice cruise.

I just got 2 emails saying we have been upgraded status to gold.

The problem is we both were issued the same Club number and the of course we need 2 different ones.

Hope this is not another 3 weeks of emails to remedy. 

Edited by NJGeorge

6 hours ago, NJGeorge said:

I just got 2 emails saying we have been upgraded status to gold.

The problem is we both were issued the same Club number and the of course we need 2 different ones.

Hope this is not another 3 weeks of emails to remedy. 

Just give them a call, as long as you put two separate requests in both your names you will both have numbers, I bet it was just an admin error and they have the second number on the computer.

When I called they were great, they made sure both people were correctly linked and had the right voyagers numbers linked to the bookings, I had only called because I had made a typo when typing one name, they went through everything to ensure it was all set up correctly.

8 minutes ago, bigblue1952 said:

We booked a cruise for November with the 5 + 10% Bellissima promo.  The 10% was dropped as well.  Our TA informed us Sunday that we finally had the 10% added back after 4 requests from her.  Hopefully you will hear soon.

So much for the theory that TAs have an easier time dealing with MSC's customer service. More likely, the passenger just doesn't see as much of the work involved.

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

So much for the theory that TAs have an easier time dealing with MSC's customer service. More likely, the passenger just doesn't see as much of the work involved.

I think you kind of missed the point.  The TA dealing with it meant the pax didn't have to spend all the time YOU did - the TA did it for them, and they probably got a better deal to start with, to boot.

• Like 1

Today we received our updated booking confirmation with the correct pricing. It still doesn't show the same promo code as our original booking. It only has the Voyager Club 5% applied, but it looks like they just decreased the actual cruise fare by 10% to compensate. So our original booking had the higher cruise fair then shows the Bellissima and Voyager Club discounts, where as this one shows a lower starting cruise fare and then 5% off of that.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Today we received our updated booking confirmation with the correct pricing. It still doesn't show the same promo code as our original booking. It only has the Voyager Club 5% applied, but it looks like they just decreased the actual cruise fare by 10% to compensate. So our original booking had the higher cruise fair then shows the Bellissima and Voyager Club discounts, where as this one shows a lower starting cruise fare and then 5% off of that.

yes, that's also how they fixed mine.

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So are you willing to take 'Yes' for an answer?

We are actually now leaning heavily towards taking a cruise next month instead. All of our research into alternative cruises somehow led us to on the NCL Escape sailing June 2. It's incredibly short notice, but if we do this June sailing, we won't be able to sail in September.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

We are actually now leaning heavily towards taking a cruise next month instead. All of our research into alternative cruises somehow led us to on the NCL Escape sailing June 2. It's incredibly short notice, but if we do this June sailing, we won't be able to sail in September.

Pardon my bluntness but I feel like you’ve wasted our time.

• Like 2

I haven't sailed on MSC yet, but I have sailed NCL twice – and it is the only cruise line to which I say "never again."  I hope you don't regret your change of mind.

11 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Pardon my bluntness but I feel like you’ve wasted our time.

I can completely understand that. If we go with this June sailing, I will feel like we've wasted a lot of our own time as well. That is a big part of my reluctance to do it. However, had it not been for this sequence of events and the poor customer service from MSC, the June sailing would have never been on our radar.

We definitely appreciate and value everyone's input on this thread.

• Like 2