Sailing in 8 days in Summit Penthouse Suite

goldsmip115

Yes, I have had the pleasure of sailing in the same Penthouse prior to the “edgification”. I very much enjoyed the suite with two exceptions.  The AC in the dressing area of the master bath area was awful...absent.  As well, the lounge chairs on the verandah were very basic and uncomfortable.

4 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Yes, I have had the pleasure of sailing in the same Penthouse prior to the “edgification”. I very much enjoyed the suite with two exceptions.  The AC in the dressing area of the master bath area was awful...absent.  As well, the lounge chairs on the verandah were very basic and uncomfortable.

We actually had a flood in the dressing area.  They were quick to come in and take care of it.

Will look forward to your report.

Hi Goldmip115, bluebeachbum, and elbee63! We will see you onboard also! Looking forward to meeting everyone. First time Celebrity for us, we’ve done HAL several times. We’re on deck 7, maybe we’ll see you round the pool 😃

How exciting!  Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

We are curious about the disembarkation process and the timing for suites (if Sky Suites even get the same as those in the PH suite).  We are in an accessible cabin and are flying home the same day the cruise ends.

Thanks and safe travels 😀

We’ve sailed in the Summit PH twice and are looking forward to your mpressions of the “Edgefication.”

Was in the Silhouette PH last month and missed so many of the great features of the M-class suite (butlers pantry, full size fridge and of course that big beautiful veranda!)

14 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

We’ve sailed in the Summit PH twice and are looking forward to your mpressions of the “Edgefication.”

Was in the Silhouette PH last month and missed so many of the great features of the M-class suite (butlers pantry, full size fridge and of course that big beautiful veranda!)

I agree.  If one had never sailed in an M class PH, the PH on the S class would look wonderful.  However, if you're used to the M class PH, you definitely miss the butler's pantry and refrigerator and the glorious veranda.  I thought the veranda on the S class was very skimpy.  One of the features I love about the butler's pantry is that the butler can come in and leave coffee and OJ and croissants in there in the morning without waking up anybody who has decided to sleep in!

We have the Summit PH booked for a B2B of 28 days next summer.  Hopefully they will have cleaned up Ms. Hoppen's idiotic mistakes by then (milk cartons to sit on at the table on the deck, etc.)

22 hours ago, DCT61 said:

I guess we’ll just have to “struggle” through with our Penthouse on the Solstice in a couple weeks. Somehow we’ll make do. Pray for us. 

The PH on S class is very nice.  It's just not the same as on the M class.  I prefer the ones on the M class, although a little leery now that Ms. Hoppen has got her paws on them.

I'm on the Solstice in a couple of weeks.  Are you on the May 17 sailing?

23 hours ago, DCT61 said:

I guess we’ll just have to “struggle” through with our Penthouse on the Solstice in a couple weeks. Somehow we’ll make do. Pray for us. 

We find the PH experience on S and M class both wonderful but very different. The M class has, by far, the better veranda but the S class is simply a decadence of light and space....

We have cruised Solstice twice and loved both cruises, enjoy!

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The PH on S class is very nice.  It's just not the same as on the M class.  I prefer the ones on the M class, although a little leery now that Ms. Hoppen has got her paws on them.

I'm on the Solstice in a couple of weeks.  Are you on the May 17 sailing?

No...we are on the April 30th Hawaii cruise. We had hoped to try the Mclass PH one day, but after KH...that probably won’t happen I look forward to your opinions.