Toiletries on Reflection

andovertraveler

Hello, I'm wondering if someone who has been on the Reflection recently can tell me what exactly is in the cabin in the way of toiletries.  Our recent cruising has been on RC and we had the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispensers in the shower (as opposed to the tiny little bottles) which I found very helpful.   Hoping Reflection has the same set up.

Thanks in advance!

At this moment reflection still has the little bottles. When it undergoes it update it will change to the dispensers on the wall. And a regular state room you will have shampoo, conditioner, bar soap.  

If you are in a suite you get an upgraded brand and will get shower gel in addition to the bar soap.

Thanks so much for the info, exactly what I was looking for (even though not the answer I was hoping for :))  We are going in July so I guess we will be stuck with the little bottles.  Good to know - I will bring my own toiletries!!

Edited by andovertraveler

On the Silhouette in February, the shampoo was the worst I have ever used...and this coming from someone who can use regular soap to wash my hair.  It was like it was some kind of watered down stuff that never lathered unless you used the entire bottle.  My suggestion is to bring your own.

There is also no pull across clothesline in the shower to hang wet bathing suits and hand washed items. We bring two wtrong magnetic hooks and a piece of twine for that use. Concierge and above get shower gel and body lotion.

16 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Bring your own products.  The soap was full of materials that scratched my skin.  The shampoo was awful.  Containers stuck to the wall is now "modern Luxury"?  Celebrity is slipping to new lows.

HAL does this and we don't have any issues with them.

We were on Reflection in January in a regular veranda and had tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body wash as well as a bar of soap for the sink.   Barely got three shampoos out of a tube...very wasteful and doubt those tubes are recyclable.  We went through a lot of them!!  Think the refillable pump dispensers will be a better solution.

The worst was the bar of soap. It had sharp stuff in it that scratched my skin. We didn’t have shower gel. We were in a regular veranda. We didn’t have news,

2 hours ago, blueboro said:

shower caps, robes, and pens.  Had to ask for laundry slips.  When I asked my cabin steward for shower caps, he told me ,” in this type of cabin, you don’t get shower caps.”  I was shocked.  We are not asking for anything special, just a thin piece of plastic.  I related that No Shower caps to enough people until I got a shower cap. Never replaced. Used the same cap for 14 days. As elite plus, I have experienced a steady elimination of many standard cruise amenities.  Bring your own products. Do not automatically assume that you will get the same products on your next cruise as you got on your previous cruises.  I am packing for a cruise as I write this. Not on Celebrity. I am packing my own products and shower cap.  

2 hours ago, blueboro said:

My only HAL cruise was in 2007. We went as part of a family celebration for a big birthday.  I don’t remember what type of products were in the cabin.  We enjoyed being with the family.  We liked the entertainment.  

11 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

When I asked my cabin steward for shower caps, he told me ,” in this type of cabin, you don’t get shower caps.”  I was shocked.  We are not asking for anything special, just a thin piece of plastic.  I related that No Shower caps to enough people until I got a shower cap. Never replaced. Used the same cap for 14 days.

Just FYI, you can get 12 shower caps for $1.00 @ Dollar Tree. 

My neighbor buys and uses them for shoe covers when she travels. 

Yeah, yeah, I get that you are E+, amenities eroding, etc, but sometimes it is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness. 

IMO, shower caps would be in that category. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We returned from the Reflection yesterday.  We had a regular veranda.  Just to clarify we had been on the same ship in December, only 3/12 months ago.  The shampoo was very small and not very good.  Body Lotion had no smell.  I asked our room attendant about the body lotion and he said it was the same as they had always had.  I know that is not true after cruising with Celebrity for over 16 years!  The soap is really bad with little hard things and does work up a lather.  We had to ask for more soap when ours was so small you hardly see it.  I will bring our own soap, shampoo and body lotion on our next cruise!

seems crazy to have to pack the house when taking a cruise. That isn't a great way to get ready for a vacation. 

The problem is not knowing what to expect on a Celebrity cruise.

Maybe there should be a honest email telling guests what they need to pack. There is a list on the web. Add to the list: smooth soap, shower caps, etc. 

• 4 months later...

Just got home after an Iberian cruise on Reflection.  The shower toiletries were absolutely awful.  It took at least a half bottle of shampoo to work up any kind of lather.  The shower gel seemed to be shampoo in a different bottle.  We are next on Equinox in September, 2020, and will be sure to take a small bottle of shampoo.   The soap was OK.  As a side note, "rough" does not begin to describe the towels.  We'll do an overall review of the cruise and ship in the next few days.