Civitavecchia Transfer to Airport

mh5678

I’m looking for some advice on transfer from the cruise port to the airport.  The ship docks at 5 am and my flight is at 1:40 pm.  What is the latest time to disembark from the ship?  I’m also looking for recommended companies for private or shared transfers.  How much does Celebrity charge for transfer from the port to the airport?  I read on a port guide website that it is very difficult to get a taxi at the port and waits can be between 4-6 hours!  They said this was dependant on how many ships were in port that day.  I disembark on June 15 and there will be one other ship in port that day. 

We have used transfers from Rome to the port AND from the port to FCO before. We used transportation arranged by Livitaly.com. They were always very prompt and we liked them a lot. They might be expensive depending on the number of people in your party, but for us they were worth it. Very reliable. You can also look into The Roman Guy for transfers. They have them as well although I don’t know if they are listed on their website. 

3 hours ago, mom says said:

I'd recommend looking at the Ports of Call forum. Should be lots of discussion on Civitavecchia-Rome transfer options.

Definitely, there’s a plethora of information over on that board.

Check your ship's roll call. Likely there are others that you could hook up with to share a ride to the airport. Much cheaper than using Celebrity transfer. Based on your departure time you should have plenty of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mh5678 said:

I’m looking for some advice on transfer from the cruise port to the airport.  The ship docks at 5 am and my flight is at 1:40 pm.  What is the latest time to disembark from the ship?  I’m also looking for recommended companies for private or shared transfers.  How much does Celebrity charge for transfer from the port to the airport?  I read on a port guide website that it is very difficult to get a taxi at the port and waits can be between 4-6 hours!  They said this was dependant on how many ships were in port that day.  I disembark on June 15 and there will be one other ship in port that day. 

Well, just because a ship docks at 5am...doesn't mean when you will disembark ....and taking a cab will be verrrrry expensive.  Book thru Celebrity ..it will be their problem to get you to the plane on time...

Edited by myjillian

39 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

We book everything through Celebrity.  Air, hotels and transfers.  We like the security of knowing they are going to get us to where we need to be when we need to be there.  For us that is more important that the cost.  

I agree, peace of mind when it is important.  We've used the X transfer three times.  It gives us priority disembarkation, and we know we will be taken to the correct terminal.

58 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

We book everything through Celebrity.  Air, hotels and transfers. 

And, we book nothing through Celebrity.  😁

• Like 2

I have used Bob's Limos to and from the Port.  Very reliable and professional.

IF your timeline was tighter,  I might be more inclined to use the Celebrity transfer (which I have also done), but I think you'll be fine with a private transfer. 

3 minutes ago, Love the beach said:

Does anyone know what Celebrity usually charges for the transfer from port to Rome airport? 

I'm going the other way next week, airport to Civitavecchia. Celebrity are charging me £38.50 Sterling.