LIVE Millennium BKB Transpacific and Alaska 04/27/19

h20cruzer

Well here it goes again I am going to give it another try. This is my 3rd review. First one was in November on the Eclipse.

I did a Med Cruise out of Barcelona and then a Trans Atlantic ending in Buenos Aires. that was some cruise 29 days of

fun.  Met some great people for sure. Second was a 7 night on the Equinox with my family for winter break  out of Miami.

A little about myself, my name is Norma and I am traveling with a friend of mine Sharon. I met Sharon in Portland some 30 years 

ago, as we worked for the same company. She moved to Washington DC and then to Florida with her husband when they retired.

Somewhere along the line we lost touch but reconnected about 3 years ago thanks to Facebook. She now lives in Houston near her children. 

I can not wait to travel with her, we did our first cruise together in 1984, hope I am not dating myself.

Back to me!!!! I live in Novato Ca which is about 20 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. I travel solo quite often and enjoy it tremendously.

I have cruised on many lines, with Celebrity being my favorite. I love cruising and once I retired that's what I planned on doing. I love other peoples

live blogs like Chicago Paul and Jim and Iian  just name a few.  My grandkids are sad I am leaving without them as they love to cruise as well.

This time I have taken the surf package as I don't really do a lit of streaming. It was $84.20 after my Elite Plus discount, if it doesn't work out I will

change to the regular internet package on the ship.

Sharon and I are both flying Eva Air Premium Economy. Both flights leave April 24 around 1am we will connect in Taipei and fly onto to Narita, Tokyo's

Airport. I have never flown Eva air, but have read a lot of good things about them. From SFO to Taipei is 13 hours. We then plan on spending 2 days in Tokyo

and do a little sightseeing. 

Our ship leaves out of the industrial pier called OI. There has been much confusion because it was originally to leave out of Yokohama. It resolved but

was a mess for many weeks.  Roll call members can attest to that. We have settled one the Limo Bus to get from the airport to our hotel. A taxi or private car

service was out of the question at $200.00 or more.

We will take a cab from our hotel the Shinagawa Prince to the pier. Celebrity has provided instructions in Japanese for the taxi driver.

There is a free city shuttle that many will take but standing on the side of the  road waiting is not my idea of fun. 

The roll call has been very active with lots of good information I can't wait to meet these people.

As a side note many people wonder if Celebrity reads Cruise Critic. Surprise they do. On the first night of my Eclipse trip the Hotel Director Jamie came up

to me and asked me if I was doing the "Live Blog" believe me I was surprised.

I did this same cruise 2 years ago and live all the sea days, crossing the International Date Line, where the date stays the same for 2 days in this case its May 4th.

Almost feels like getting a free day!!

The Millie just recently had  her Revolution make-over. I will try to post as many pictures as I can.  I know there has been lots of talk about the furnishings.

We are in a C1 cabin on the aft of the ship, 7212.  These C1 cabins have very large verandas, my last TP I was in 9164, I would not recommend this cabin as

there was too much noise from the Ocean View cafe. Now we are right above the 2 Penthouse suites, sure wish I could afford one of them....

Well enough for now, please, please, please if you have any questions just ask.

I am so excited I was awake at 4AM, please I will be exhausted by the time I take my shuttle to the airport at 8PM tonight.

Here is our itinerary for the TP portion of our cruise.

98644123_ScreenShot2019-04-23at4_37_31AM.png.c2b8c5155024b6c0e6268a676599ca2a.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Following.  I was on the Eclipse (Med) cruise with you last November and had thought about the both the TP cruise on Millie and the Suez Cruise on Connie. Neither one happened since wife became pregnant and there will likely be no cruising for a few years. 

Have a great time!  I remember there were some amazing deals for this cruise back in Jan/Feb! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tokyo Carolyn said:

Look forward to seeing you onboard the Millie - not long now! 

I know, literally jumping out of my skin, my flight leaves 12:45 AM. Already have my watch on Tokyo time.

If for some reason we don't bump into each other I am in cabin 7212, drop by or give me a call.

Norma

We had a great experience on EVA Air although it has been a few years.   Their premium economy is quite nice!   

Have a great crossing.   

Joe

• Like 1

We booked this itinerary for Apr 25th 2021, yup two years from now. Going to really enjoy reading this thread! Always wanted to do a bit of Japan touring, but didn’t want to do the 20+ hr over and then back. This way, we’ll go over a week or so before and fly back from Vancouver. Neat!

Den

• Like 2

Hwy 101 into the city was bumper to bumper, glad I left with time to spare, waiting in the United lounge, beer and wine only plus snacks, think I will pass. Airport is quite busy had TSA recheck so no waiting, onto Taipei for my plane change to Tokyo.

8D81F0DE-3D6A-44F9-8249-9250C278246C.jpeg

2F02620B-3D36-4E20-9A2C-1FF7FE9C7188.jpeg

C66741B3-2209-404F-A5A6-F437D2FB7E8C.jpeg

04FF5700-4D4B-41A3-AA60-B6BC8C6136FA.jpeg

• Like 2

HI Norma! Wishing you very safe travels! Edward and I are currently sitting at our usual bar here in Chicago sipping on a Martini catching up on your blog and we are ironically looking at booking this exact cruise but in reverse this September! We are very much looking forward to all your posts, photos, and advice! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the martini bar. We wish we were there with you! 

• Like 1

Everything went like clockwork from the moment I left home till I landed in Taipei at 5:48 AM. I had a premium economy seat in the bulkhead it had a nice leg rest it but it sure doesn’t beat flying in business class with a lie flat seat. Comfortable and the time went by quickly I was able to sleep. Here’s a couple pictures of my meals I ordered seafood meal for a change. Not sure that I would do that again for breakfast I had scallops and noodles and omelette sounded much better believe me.

By the way besides the dessert on the dinner tray  they handed out little cups of Häagen-Dazs ice cream  was very very frozen took a while to eat it . The wheelchair people pick me up in Taipei and briskly took me to my new gate to catch my flight on to Narita I have another two hours until our flight leaves.  If I have a complaint and it’s not really a complaint is I went to the United lounge to wait for my flight in San Francisco and they only serve beer and wine no alcohol I know that’s nothing to complain about that I was disappointed that I couldn’t get a cocktail before my flight . My friend share and then I’m traveling with left Houston yesterday but her plane left late she’s not due into Taipei until 739 this morning and boarding on our flight starts at 8:05 I hope she’s got on the ball wheelchair pusher to get her over here in time. We did discuss it yesterday and if she doesn’t make it she’ll catch the next flight and I’ll meet her in Tokyo

C78FA582-D8C4-4512-9A86-2493D9D8442F.jpeg

E5CA1DC8-B5E2-4EF6-9E57-9A013FA83527.jpeg

BFDBEA03-15F1-4FF7-9F2D-054DB3C559FE.jpeg

17D570EB-7FDC-4AB7-8D96-383403576BCF.jpeg

C4D09AD4-C170-4154-B30E-C1A3311E31F1.jpeg

B1565548-6851-4ED3-B6FB-EE24407FBB29.jpeg

• Like 2