Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

I'm sure others will see this but figured i'd point it out- looks like the aft will have an infinity pool children's play area. Lounge space with ocean views bringing guest closer to the ocean (a big complaint of some past ships).  A jogging track. Second image of port side, non-infinity balconies.

ICON AFT.png

iCON PORT SIDE.png

• Like 2

Just now, JemzRoo said:

Am I alone in hoping that the aft pool area isn't going to be a children's water zone? It feels like a massive waste of potential if it is. 

There has to be a children's water area somewhere on the ship. personally, I think having it on the Aft of the ship is ideal, Assuming the main pool area is on the top decks, that would mean there is a great deal of separation between the kids and adults pools. no need to worry about screaming tots in the main pool etc.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cruising.person said:

There has to be a children's water area somewhere on the ship. personally, I think having it on the Aft of the ship is ideal, Assuming the main pool area is on the top decks, that would mean there is a great deal of separation between the kids and adults pools. no need to worry about screaming tots in the main pool etc.

There are quite a few child/family related spots down on the lower aft area, including a water area.

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, joshsc said:

I'm sure others will see this but figured i'd point it out- looks like the aft will have an infinity pool children's play area. Lounge space with ocean views bringing guest closer to the ocean (a big complaint of some past ships).  A jogging track. Second image of port side, non-infinity balconies.

ICON AFT.png

iCON PORT SIDE.png

Love this. The water show on the boardwalk area is wasted space on my opinion. And too closed in. 

15 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

What if this robotic arm is inside the Pearl? RCI may have one of the most immersive ride experiences at sea if that's the case.

2 hours ago, talkorpi said:

Methinks this could also be one of those "robotic arm ride" things like what they are putting on MSC Seascape.  It's sort of like a roller coaster simulator type thing I think.  I doubt they would tease this if it is an existing feature on RC - I believe that this post is teasing something like what it linked below.

Source: https://www.cruisehive.com/msc-cruises-reveals-first-ever-robotic-arm-ride-at-sea/80237

Hmm, that makes a lot of sense!  I bet it is going to be some sort of immersive 360 theater with a floating seat.  Something along the lines of "Soarin" at the Disney Parks but on a smaller scale.

This would be a pretty neat addition.  Can't wait to see if we are right 🙂

Icon of the Seas - St Maarten Port Bookings 2023/24/25

Some port bookings finally started to show up for Icon, with the first call in St Maarten scheduled for 24th October 2023. With the frequency of bookings, its probably highly likely that Icon will do 7-day Eastern/Western Caribbean rotations from Miami, as expected. As there are bookings throughout 2024, I would imagine that Icon coming back to Europe in 2024 is unlikely. 

Icon OTS - 24th October 2023

Icon OTS - 7th November 2023

Icon OTS - 5th December 2023

Icon OTS - 19th December 2023

Icon OTS - 16th January 2024

Icon OTS - 13th February 2024

Icon OTS - 12th March 2024

Icon OTS - 9th April 2024

Icon OTS - 7th May 2024

Icon OTS - 4th June 2024

Icon OTS - 2nd July 2024

Icon OTS - 30th July 2024

Icon OTS - 27th August 2024

Icon OTS - 24th September 2024

Icon OTS - 22nd October 2024

Icon OTS - 19th November 2024

Icon OTS - 17th December 2024

Icon OTS - 14th January 2025

Icon OTS - 11th February 2025

Icon OTS - 11th March 2025

Icon OTS - 8th April 2025

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Icon of the Seas - St Maarten Port Bookings 2023/24/25

Some port bookings finally started to show up for Icon, with the first call in St Maarten scheduled for 24th October 2023. With the frequency of bookings, its probably highly likely that Icon will do 7-day Eastern/Western Caribbean rotations from Miami, as expected. As there are bookings throughout 2024, I would imagine that Icon coming back to Europe in 2024 is unlikely. 

Icon OTS - 24th October 2023

Icon OTS - 7th November 2023

Icon OTS - 5th December 2023

Icon OTS - 19th December 2023

Icon OTS - 16th January 2024

Icon OTS - 13th February 2024

Icon OTS - 12th March 2024

Icon OTS - 9th April 2024

Icon OTS - 7th May 2024

Icon OTS - 4th June 2024

Icon OTS - 2nd July 2024

Icon OTS - 30th July 2024

Icon OTS - 27th August 2024

Icon OTS - 24th September 2024

Icon OTS - 22nd October 2024

Icon OTS - 19th November 2024

Icon OTS - 17th December 2024

Icon OTS - 14th January 2025

Icon OTS - 11th February 2025

Icon OTS - 11th March 2025

Icon OTS - 8th April 2025

Icon of the Seas o Utopia of The Seas coming back to Europe in 2024??? 

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85

9 minutes ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

Icon of the Seas o Utopia of The Seas coming back to Europe in 2024??? 

According to RCI, Utopia will enter service in Spring 2024. I imagine that she will head straight to the Med,  or at least stay in Europe. I would also like Icon to sail Europe in 2024, although the port bookings look like she may be staying in the Caribbean for Summer 24, but I sure hope I’m wrong!!

16 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

According to RCI, Utopia will enter service in Spring 2024. I imagine that she will head straight to the Med,  or at least stay in Europe. I would also like Icon to sail Europe in 2024, but the port bookings look like she may be staying in the Caribbean for Summer 24.

I have an idea. 

Icon of the Seas port of southampton base Summer 24.

Utopía of the Seas Mediterranean Sea port of Barcelona and Rome base Summer 24.

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

There are quite a few child/family related spots down on the lower aft area, including a water area.

The whole ‘boardwalk’ seems to be transitioning into a family zone. I’m wondering how that will play out with aft cabins and interior balcony rooms!

Just back from a trip on Anthem and our cruise director Joff when asked about Icon said it wasn't doing any trips in the UK and was heading straight out to the US. With the rather tight timing I am starting to think fee paying passenger trips from the UK are going to be unlikely (except maybe for the TA). Perhaps it'll just be a trade event trip or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

What if this robotic arm is inside the Pearl? RCI may have one of the most immersive ride experiences at sea if that's the case.

Hmmm...aren't the moveable panels in Two70 on the Quantum powered by robotic arms like this?

18 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

Just back from a trip on Anthem and our cruise director Joff when asked about Icon said it wasn't doing any trips in the UK and was heading straight out to the US. With the rather tight timing I am starting to think fee paying passenger trips from the UK are going to be unlikely (except maybe for the TA). Perhaps it'll just be a trade event trip or two.

Bayley said Southampton would see her… didn’t say for how long though!!!  2 trade events then she’ll be outta there! 

My predictions is she’ll be in Southampton October 7/8/9/10 then she will go straight to NY for a few more events leaving there around 20th which gets her into St Maarten in 24th?  Do those timings work? 

27 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

Noooooo I’ve been saving up for the icon debut in Southampton. It’s supposed to be my cruise for the year!