Help me choose...

ws422

Okay, I need some help deciding on a cruise for fall 2020!

My choices are:

• 4 night Bermuda on Norwegian Encore from NY in mid September
  • 4 night Labadee on Oasis of the Seas from Ft Lauderdale in early November

Pros/cons for NCL Encore

• New ship!
  • Can drive in day of the cruise to get to NY (But where would we park the car?)
  • 2 "free" perks offer - beverage package!
  • First and last day might be chilly
  • Hurricane season

Pros/cons for Oasis

• I've always wanted to try Oasis class on Royal!
  • Price is fantastic
  • Should still be warm in Fort Lauderdale & pretty much out of likely hurricane time
  • Diamond perks on RCCL
  • Royal Caribbean Visa rewards - redeem for OBC
  • Have to fly/more travel time

Any thoughts or things I'm not thinking of?

Price-wise I think they would end up about the same because of airfare on the RCCL cruise.

Been to both Bermuda and Labadee before.

Also been on both cruise lines.

You can park the car at the pier in NYC.  Expensive, but probably not more than the airfare to MCO and transfer to Port Canaveral.  Plus, any time you have to fly in, it is best to go ahead a day.  Which means a night in a hotel.  For the NCL cruise, if you travel light (It's only a 4 day cruise) you could drive to Weehawken, part at the ferry terminal and take the ferry across, walk about 4 blocks to the pier.  We did that for a 1 day cruise to nowhere years ago.   EM

• Haha 1

We have sailed both NCL and RCCL.  We have sailed on Oasis class ships (just not the Oasis itself) and we have sailed on the Breakaway.  We've enjoyed every experience we've had.  We've sailed from NYC and from Ft. Lauderdale & Miami (not Canaveral).  All have pros and cons.  But if you held a gun to my head and made me pick...I think I'd go with Oasis.  That class of ship is SO MUCH FUN!  The Breakaway class is very nice too...but Oasis class has so much to do on board (and Central Park is gorgeous).  

Personally, I would never fly to get to a 4-night cruise - just not worth the hassle.

I guess the Oasis 4-nighter would not be as much of a booze cruise as a 4-night Carnival cruise; but if that's a concern, then the cruise to Bermuda would probably be less concern.

By the way, early November is still technically in the hurricane season. 21 November hurricanes over the last 68 years