Mini bus to Horseshoe Bay

JUSRN

8 hours ago, JUSRN said:

The mini bus to horseshoe bay is $7 /pp each way?

how do you pay?

Cash on the bus? Or do you buy a token or pass ahead of time?

It is $7 each way per person, cash, USD. The minibus driver will collect it. 

How early do the minibuses start running in the morning?  Thinking of doing this on departure day and want to be sure to have plenty of time to enjoy and get back for our all aboard time at 4:00 or so.

12 minutes ago, dznymom said:

How early do the minibuses start running in the morning?  Thinking of doing this on departure day and want to be sure to have plenty of time to enjoy and get back for our all aboard time at 4:00 or so.

I have always caught them between 8:30 and 9:00 am. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rwf1 said:

How much do you recommend tipping the minibus drivers?

I have been tipping them a $1. That is not a recommendation. Since the minibus is shared ride I am not sure if a tip is expected. Most of the drivers, not all were pointing out points of interest and answering questions some riders asked. 

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Is their a Mini Bus to Warwick Long Cay?

At least some of the mini bus drivers are willing to take you Warwick Long Bay for an extra dollar, but they don't do return trips from there, unless you have enough people to fill or nearly fill a bus and make advance arrangements for the driver to pick you up. Otherwise you'll have to walk from Warwick Long Bay Bay to Horseshoe Bay to catch a mini bus back to the Dockyard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bjfitz0703 said:

$7 pp to horseshoe each way?  So if 4 of us go that is $28 each way?  What is a taxi to horseshoe?  Is it easy to get a taxi back from horseshoe?

Yes, $28 for four people one way. 

A taxi for 1 - 4 passengers is about $35 plus tip one way Monday through Saturday, 25% higher on Sunday.

Taxis are readily available at Horseshoe Bay.

24 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The bus stop is no longer where he says it is. Buses now start and end their trips in front of the Clocktower Mall.

Do you like buses or the mini buses?

He liked the mini buses but I think he was a solo traveler.  We are a family of 4 and we are planning a bunch of trips all over the island during our 3 days there.

Edited by J_Kepler

6 minutes ago, J_Kepler said:

He liked the mini buses but I think he was a solo traveler.  We are a family of 4 and we are planning a bunch of trips all over the island during our 3 days there.

The bus system has been somewhat unreliable the past few years. Broken down buses, insufficient number of drivers, etc.

If you're going to Horseshoe Bay by all means take the mini buses. 

If you're going elsewhere you pretty much have to take buses,  ferries or taxis. The mini buses are going to take 4 people to other places.

Edited by njhorseman

22 minutes ago, J_Kepler said:

The minibus is my prefered way from the Dockyard to Horseshoe. If you have four I would say it is a toss up betweeen minibus anad taxi. Both go direct and to the bottom of the hill. For trips elsewhere with four people I would combine ferries with taxis.  The savings by taking public buses and time wasted are not worth it when you have four. Once you have four or more I don't think people are saving much taking a public bus. With less than four then the expense of taking a tax would be something to consider. This fall I will be in Bermuda and we will be three. We won't be taking the public bus, we will be taking taxis because for us taxi fare divided by three or even two is no big deal. But of course for others it might be. When I went solo to Bermuda I took the public buses but they were also very reliable then. Now they have a shortage of buses. Also back then when there were no seats I didn't mind standing up for 40 minutes. 

2 hours ago, J_Kepler said:

Thanks for the input.  We were considering the buses but now we are considering the minibus option (and a twizzy rental in there as well)

Twizy’s can only seat two. 

Edited by Charles4515