Cruiseplanner cancellation refund issue

I cancelled drink package that had been purchased on my visa card on April 11. Hadnt received refund so I emailed May 8 and heard nothing so i rang May 13 to be told my cancelled  package had been refunded to an American Express card and maybe my TA. I told operator i do not hold an American Express card and she argued with me and saying drink package was purchased on it and would not accept that this was incorrect would not put me through to a supervisor. I was really upset as its over 2k they have refunded to someone else and basically told me i had to ssort it out myself. I looked in docs and it clearly states that funds are to be returned to card purchased on. Someone has really mucked up here. It turns out my TA had some of the funds which have just been returned to me but i am still missing over $500. I cant beleive this is happening. I have requested an investigation as to how this occurred. Has this happened to you? Should i get any compensation?

1 minute ago, Jussnskip said:

I cancelled drink package that had been purchased on my visa card on April 11. Hadnt received refund so I emailed May 8 and heard nothing so i rang May 13 to be told my cancelled  package had been refunded to an American Express card and maybe my TA. I told operator i do not hold an American Express card and she argued with me and saying drink package was purchased on it and would not accept that this was incorrect would not put me through to a supervisor. I was really upset as its over 2k they have refunded to someone else and basically told me i had to ssort it out myself. I looked in docs and it clearly states that funds are to be returned to card purchased on. Someone has really mucked up here. It turns out my TA had some of the funds which have just been returned to me but i am still missing over $500. I cant beleive this is happening. I have requested an investigation as to how this occurred. Has this happened to you? Should i get any compensation?

If your TA had most of your refund, then she should have it all.  Have you asked your TA if it was her American Express your money was refunded to?  If so then she would ahh the rest of your money....

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My first question is ,”why is your travel agent booking your drink package with their own credit card?” 

I’d be looking for a new TA

Also I have always found it easier to book cruise planner products on my own (and I do use a TA)

Best guess would be to rack up credit card points or miles. If your TA has some of it, they definitely have all of it.

• Like 3

Ask them to send you a copy of the cancelation summary email.  It will show how the refund was processed.  Like the others have said, it sounds like the issue is with the TA, not Royal.

35 minutes ago, Jussnskip said:

I get that the TA is somewhat involved but my question is, if it's supposed to go back to the original card (Visa) used for purchase how would the TA manipulate the system to get it refunded on an Amex?  Was the drink package purchased on your behalf by your TA or did you do it yourself through cruise planner/calling RCI?  The reason I ask is can't the charges be disputed  with the proof being your statement showing the purchase and no refund being showing on a statement?  Dispute the charge and let your credit card company contact and deal with RCI.     

35 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My first question is ,”why is your travel agent booking your drink package with their own credit card?” 

I’d be looking for a new TA

Also I have always found it easier to book cruise planner products on my own (and I do use a TA)

I purchased drink package thru cruiseplanner on MY credit card, the issue is RCI have decided to refund to other places for some unknown reason

44 minutes ago, Jussnskip said:

Sorry i should add that i purchased thru cruiseplanner, nothing at all to do with TA.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I get that the TA is somewhat involved but my question is, if it's supposed to go back to the original card (Visa) used for purchase how would the TA manipulate the system to get it refunded on an Amex?  Was the drink package purchased on your behalf by your TA or did you do it yourself through cruise planner/calling RCI?  The reason I ask is can't the charges be disputed  with the proof being your statement showing the purchase and no refund being showing on a statement?  Dispute the charge and let your credit card company contact and deal with RCI.     

Yes i purchased thru cruise planner on RCI website, nothing to do with TA its RCI issue but my problem!

4 minutes ago, Jussnskip said:

Yes i purchased thru cruise planner on RCI website, nothing to do with TA its RCI issue but my problem!

Then I'd be calling your credit card company and dispute the charge. It's an item you haven't received and no longer want so let them put a hold on the charge until it's sorted out.   

Edited by Mr. Candyman

34 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Then I'd be calling your credit card company and dispute the charge. It's an item you haven't received and no longer want so let them put a hold on the charge until it's sorted out.   

Agree, I'd also be livid if this happened to me.  OP please keep us posted, really hope you get it sorted out.

1 hour ago, Jussnskip said:

Do you have access to a calling plan that lets you call US numbers for free?  If so, call Crown & Anchor.  800-526-9723

Perhaps  you have your own number for C&A?

6 minutes ago, fdthird said:

How many drink packages did you purchase for 2K?

16 nights for 2 people would come out to $62 per person per day after the 18% grats, or about $52 per day before grats.

Something is definitely weird. If it was just a glitch or something in their system odds are it would have gone to a random card, not your TA. And the fact that it only partially got refunded to your TA is also really weird; in my experience it's usually an all or nothing.

I would also encourage you to get your TA to fight Royal on your behalf. That's part of their job as a travel agent, you shouldn't be fighting this alone

• Like 2

• 2 months later...