Walkie Talkie use on Bliss

Bulagal

If you don't get a specific Bliss answer, just search walkie talkies on this board.   There are a huge bunch of threads that talk about the good, the bad...mostly, and such.   Many, many answers and opinions.   

2 minutes ago, roger001 said:

If you don't get a specific Bliss answer, just search walkie talkies on this board.   There are a huge bunch of threads that talk about the good, the bad...mostly, and such.   Many, many answers and opinions.   

Thank you Roger 001- I appreciate your reply :)

I asked the same thing a bit ago, and got similar answers.  However, hubby said he did some more research on line and found where the Bliss did not allow them.  Where he found that, and was it legit, I don't know.  Best case it to contact NCL direct.

However, I can see how they could be annoying.  On the other hand, stickies or cabin phone messages aren't practical if everyone is out and about on the ship somewhere and you want to get in touch.  We have AT&T and are getting a cruise plan so that we can text and phone. 

How much are you going to spend on those devices, for how many people?  For approx. $10 per device for the entire trip you can set up mobile devices with the NCL app and communication within the ship.  You can "text" and call any other person that paid for that service as well.  No need to pay for the internet service, just the one-time fee to register for the intra-ship communication.

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

How much are you going to spend on those devices, for how many people?  For approx. $10 per device for the entire trip you can set up mobile devices with the NCL app and communication within the ship.  You can "text" and call any other person that paid for that service as well.  No need to pay for the internet service, just the one-time fee to register for the intra-ship communication.

Thank you Hallux- I wasn't aware of that- that's fantastic- I really appreciate the info- Thank you!

On 5/24/2019 at 5:33 PM, hallux said:

We took advantage of the app on our phones so we could talk and text.  It worked out great.  An additional benefit to this is you can book things and check your schedule from your phone.

I've not sailed on Bliss, but have sailed on other ships where they were used.  One problem had by those using them was there were people who appeared to purposely talk over others every time they tried to use them.  There was, what appeared to be, a couple kids who would attempt to imitate someone in a group and give out misinformation, sending people on wild goose chases.  A second issue was a couple families used the walkie talkies to keep in touch with their children.  Due to anyone else with a walkie talkie being able to intercept the communications, the families quickly became concerned with the safety of their children.  That never became an issue, but did stop them from using them after two days.

Need to also check the legality of using them in other countries.