Elite cocktail hour

Peteymil

I have not cruised since last summer. Do I understand correctly that for every cruise now   You can go to any bar between five and seven to get your drinks, or is that only for cruises with a high number of elites?

15 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

I have not cruised since last summer. Do I understand correctly that for every cruise now   You can go to any bar between five and seven to get your drinks, or is that only for cruises with a high number of elites?

True. Except the first evening. 

3 hours ago, Peteymil said:

Can anyone confirm if it's still limited to 3 drinks?

12 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Can anyone confirm if it's still limited to 3 drinks?

In February of this year Celebrity changed to unlimited CC HH voucher drinks from 5 to 7 fleetwide.  

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

In February of this year Celebrity changed to unlimited CC HH voucher drinks from 5 to 7.  

Unlimited in every bar or just the Sky Lounge?  We cruised on the Equinox on a B2B in February and they checked Sea Pass cards even in the Sky Lounge the first leg and didn't check anything in the Sky Lounge for the second leg.

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Unlimited in every bar or just the Sky Lounge?  We cruised on the Equinox on a B2B in February and they checked Sea Pass cards even in the Sky Lounge the first leg and didn't check anything in the Sky Lounge for the second leg.

Unlimited in every bar including the Sky Lounge.  CC HH vouchers are not excepted in the dining rooms, World Class Bar or room service. Sounds like the second leg of your B2B was when the change went into effect. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

In February of this year Celebrity changed to unlimited CC HH voucher drinks from 5 to 7 fleetwide.  

did they also do away with the nightly elite cocktail get together or is that still a thing?

26 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

did they also do away with the nightly elite cocktail get together or is that still a thing?

The CC HH in the Sky Lounge is still happening from 5 to 7 for snack and drinks except on the first evening and the evening of the Senior Officers party later on in the cruise. That hasn't changed. So you can now enjoy your CC HH drinks in the Sky Lounge and still use your CC HH drink vouchers in the other lounges (except the World Class Bar) during the 5 to 7 time frame. It's not one or the other. 

Edited by davekathy

And...if you need more drinks/alcohol...you can have Bellinis and Bloody Mary's during the Elite breakfast.  And, if you'd like to drink at noon, there's a Captain's Club Celebration, one of the sea days, lunchtime, where they serve more drinks and hor d'oerves (sp) smile.

4 hours ago, alkl413413 said:

Thanks but going next week and will reply  as to my question so others will know

As a point of reference, on the Constellation in April, we were able to get our Elite drinks on the evening of the Officer's party. It was not publicized, and the "official" description page of elite benefits in our cabin did not mention it. Word-of-mouth spread among the Elites, so I am not sure if this was a "quiet" benefit, or the result of a rogue bartender in the Rendezvous lounge. I would guess there was no Elite cocktail hour in the Sky lounge that evening, but since I was elsewhere, who knows?

Bottom line for you - no harm in asking on the night of the Senior Officer's party.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

As a point of reference, on the Constellation in April, we were able to get our Elite drinks on the evening of the Officer's party. It was not publicized, and the "official" description page of elite benefits in our cabin did not mention it. Word-of-mouth spread among the Elites, so I am not sure if this was a "quiet" benefit, or the result of a rogue bartender in the Rendezvous lounge. I would guess there was no Elite cocktail hour in the Sky lounge that evening, but since I was elsewhere, who knows?

Bottom line for you - no harm in asking on the night of the Senior Officer's party.  

Don’t forget to tip your bartender 

While on the Edge in March, a server asked me if I wanted another drink after the Officer’s Party and got one for me. It appeared to be the norm as others were being served and it continued until I left at 6;30pm. 

Den

With the former 3 voucher system, I got unopened water/soda for my cabin refrigerator, and occasionally I got a glass of wine to go.  Is this still possible with the new unlimited system?  May I get 3 items (or more) with a single visit during the happy hour time to take back to my cabin?

15 hours ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Correct….just off b2b and drinks where served on Officers party night. We always sat in Sky Lounge and drinks where on the bar when we walked in.(the only difference is that the room was NOT reserved for Captains Club people.)

• Thanks 1