Oceanview Panoramic suite vs. JS vs Aft Balcony

I've booked the OVP Suite # 1804 on Freedom for just the two of us for our B2B out of San Juan in April 2021. Excited for this cabin instead of the JS we usually book..the OVP was just a few dollars more. However I didn't realize it had a 1/2 bath as well?

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

My bad... I must not have been clear in my OP.  The JS and the OVP were the same price.  The corner aft was $ 300 less.  Part of my decision was based on the fact that I have a corner aft booked on Adventure in Dec this year.  I like to mix things up a little.  Two years ago it was a standard balcony on MSC. Last year it was an aft balcony in Liberty. In April is was an inside cabin on Mariner. and coming up this December it is that aft corner (1688) on Adventure. Next year we have a club class mini suite booked on Princess in April and a Boardwalk Balcony on Allure in Dec. The OVP on Independence continues my tradition on not having any kind of tradition at all. I imagine, at some point I will settle on a 'preferred' cabin but right now I'm all about different experiences.

We had 1688 B2B on Adventure in February. Loved that cabin!!

My DW prefers the deck 7 corners on Freedom/Voyager class ships.....so we got 7688 on Explorer next year for the Holyland+TA cruises.

Enjoy your vacation!

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

If you like those photos, you may like these ones I took when we were in 1804.

GOPR1041_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1042_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1043_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1048_DxO_DxO.jpg

Where are the outlet plugs in this cabin and can the HDMI input be easily changed on the TV? This cabin set up is really new for us.

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

Where are the outlet plugs in this cabin and can the HDMI input be easily changed on the TV? This cabin set up is really new for us.

Gosh, I can't remember the specific plug set up, but recall that we found the location and number of outlets sufficient for us... (had three people including a teen ager with all his devices in the cabin).

However, did use the HDMI on the TV as the kid got a game console from the Concierge.  While we had issues getting the system to work initially (a maintenance guy ended up replacing the TV) had no issues switching back and forth from the TV to the game console. 

Cheers,

On 6/2/2019 at 4:42 PM, Russ Lomas said:

If you like those photos, you may like these ones I took when we were in 1804.

GOPR1041_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1042_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1043_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1048_DxO_DxO.jpg

Is the top pic and 3rd pic of two different rooms?  The first pic, there is a larger coffee table and loveseat.  The 3rd pic is of a smaller chair and small round table.

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

Is the top pic and 3rd pic of two different rooms?  The first pic, there is a larger coffee table and loveseat.  The 3rd pic is of a smaller chair and small round table.

Wide angle lens, I'll bet.  Causes distortion 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, John&LaLa said:

Our 6 night adventure is $971 pp with tips and $100 OBC.  Booked it in July last year.  I just wanted the big cabin, surprised I could get it for just the two of us.

I hope to book 1804 on the Voyager of the Seas out of Sydney for a 2-night cruise in 2021. Still in the planning stage, so don't remember the exact day. I need the Handicapped Facilities, just hope I can get the suite as a Single person.

2 hours ago, crochetcruise said:

I hope to book 1804 on the Voyager of the Seas out of Sydney for a 2-night cruise in 2021. Still in the planning stage, so don't remember the exact day. I need the Handicapped Facilities, just hope I can get the suite as a Single person.

1804 does not have handicapped facilities.  That would be 1814. It's not classified as a suite

20 minutes ago, janayandgary said:

How much motion is felt in these suites since they're so far forward and high?  I'm about to pull the trigger but that concerns me.  

We've stayed on deck 12 of Freedom. Cabin 1890. It had a balcony. Very windy, but no excess movement

23 hours ago, frank808 said:

Must be distortion on the camera because the 2 photos were taken the same day in the same cabin.

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wide angle lens, I'll bet.  Causes distortion 

Taken with a GoPro or my Tokina 11-16 mm lens on a cropped sensor but put through a filter (guess it did not correct the distortion in that case but I never noticed in the past)

16 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Yup...not sure why anyone would want to photograph their room that way...as it distorts the actual view.

Well because if you photograph it with a non-wide angle lens it looks like a regular interior cabin due to the limited field of view.  The wide angle may distort in some areas but it really captures how spacious the cabin feels, not like a standard lens, which does not do the cabin justice.

13 hours ago, janayandgary said:

How much motion is felt in these suites since they're so far forward and high?  I'm about to pull the trigger but that concerns me.  

Felt a bit of motion there one night but did not bother me one bit.  As mentioned, we did hears some wind noises 2 of the evenings when winds were strong.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, DandDM said:

Gosh, I can't remember the specific plug set up, but recall that we found the location and number of outlets sufficient for us... (had three people including a teen ager with all his devices in the cabin).

However, did use the HDMI on the TV as the kid got a game console from the Concierge.  While we had issues getting the system to work initially (a maintenance guy ended up replacing the TV) had no issues switching back and forth from the TV to the game console. 

Cheers,

We had issues as well at first when trying to change the HDMI input in our JS on Freedom. We had a maintenance guy change out the TV also (his idea for the fix) and it (Firestick) then worked fine. He said he thought the problem may have been because of the inter-active TV option...not sure about this.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

1804 does not have handicapped facilities.  That would be 1814. It's not classified as a suite

I think I know how I got confused-saw the Junior Suite and got muddles with the OVP.

Have checked on Ovation of the Seas, and there's a Spa Junior Suite, a J4, on a cruise going out of Sydney for 2 nights. 2 ships sail out of Brisbane, but I don't know Brisbane at all so would prefer Sydney, visited several times and have a very basic knowledge of where to go. Does the J4 have access to Coastal Kitchen please? I remember reading booking for dinner may be difficult for the J4 suite, if of course I am remembering what I read correctly! LOL.

8 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Well because if you photograph it with a non-wide angle lens it looks like a regular interior cabin due to the limited field of view.  The wide angle may distort in some areas but it really captures how spacious the cabin feels, not like a standard lens, which does not do the cabin justice.

Not meant as any form of criticism...just an observation (as noted by others). Our preference is to get pix that show what we saw ourselves visually, but there's nothing wrong with expanding the view. Your pix are quite nice.

29 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Not meant as any form of criticism...just an observation (as noted by others). Our preference is to get pix that show what we saw ourselves visually, but there's nothing wrong with expanding the view. Your pix are quite nice.

Now I feel challenged to shoot 1854 on Adventure 😉🤔

We have non-suite panoramics 1864 and 1866 for a B2B in 2021 so I am liking these photos. 1864 is almost as big, having the kiosk TV but not the extra chairs.

I like wide-angle (not fish-bowl) photos of cabins and rooms because I think they better approximate what I am seeing, because peripheral vision and all. I even bought a wide-angle clipon for my phone-camera (I'll try to remember to take both, though).

DH and I had a high-and-forward cabin on the Zuiderdam and liked it just fine. Of course that is a shorter ship, so we'll see!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

And a long walk to the WJ😇 and DL and SL

Actually not that bad. You get to walk on the jogging track to the aft stairs. Up for lounge, down for jammer.

Sky Bar is right around the corner