Cruise 20 days away and still no flights

Kruisn'Kay

12 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I’m having NCL book my flights to Barcelona for me. I sail away in 20 days and I still haven’t received travel plans. Is this normal? This is my first time having the cruise line book my flights. Thanks!

Call and find out this is not normal - maybe something missing in your cruise contract !

DO IT NOW - !

• Like 1

I was in the same situation and kept calling my TA to find out where my documents were and was told I would be emailed that information. I never got an email. However I found out my E docs would not print for this reason. Finally about 17 days before sailing I tried to print my E docs and there was all the information for the plane flights  if you haven’t tried printing your E docs do it and see what happens! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I was in the same situation and kept calling my TA to find out where my documents were and was told I would be emailed that information. I never got an email. However I found out my E docs would not print for this reason. Finally about 17 days before sailing I tried to print my E docs and there was all the information for the plane flights  if you haven’t tried printing your E docs do it and see what happens! 

I just downloaded the docs and there is no flight information. I’ll keep checking though, good idea!

9 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Call and find out this is not normal - maybe something missing in your cruise contract !

DO IT NOW - !

According to NCL they got new software and are having difficulty and with the whole Cuba situation. At least that’s their excuse. I’m not impressed!

7 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I just downloaded the docs and there is no flight information. I’ll keep checking though, good idea!

I could not download my E documents until that flight information was added. If you check summary it should be under Travel or some sort of heading I can’t remember sorry but I agree probably best to call and find out what’s going on! 

17 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I could not download my E documents until that flight information was added. If you check summary it should be under Travel or some sort of heading I can’t remember sorry but I agree probably best to call and find out what’s going on! 

I agree with what you are saying: if it were me, I would be a bit nervous as well. I am sure everything is fine, but it can be a bit scary.   

12 hours ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I called again today and was told that my reservation is being “migrated” over to the new system in about 48-72 hours. No fun to wait, but we’ll see!

I would think NCL could "see" your reservation and flight while it's being migrated over. It's a PITA but I would call everyday and try to escalate it to a supervisor, if you haven't done that yet.

They have to be going crazy with the Cuba issue and changing bookings/cancellations, but at 20 days out YOU should get priority resolving your flights not showing.

We fly to Copenhagen in 32 days, we have flight times and airline but no tickets yet.  I've called several times and they keep saying that we will get our tickets soon (we would like to get seats together since it is my DH and I traveling without the kids).  I agree with previous posters that the Cuba situation and migrating over to a new flight system really screwed things up.  I'm sure it will all work out in the end!

Your avatar shows AZ as home ?

Are your flights to be out of PHX - Phoenix ?

and connections thru LAX - Los Angeles *** most likely

-or- something east coast ?  JFK Miami Washington DC

To get to Barcelona there is going to be a least one connection flight and maybe two.

At this stage getting seats together on those flights is getting more and more difficult.

At least with 60-50 days out there is or was a window - hope the host airline can get

you seats together.

You have a 5-6 hour flight to the east coast and then a 8 hour flight to Spain.

In the cruise edocs...  look for RECORD LOCATOR TICKET NUMBER. It should be attached to the section of "Before and after you cruise" and under AIR ITINERARY CONFIRMATION.  There should be something there. Go to the airline website and search your flight there. You can then select your seats. What I had to do for my flight. You may have to play around withe record locator. 

• Like 1

I have done that.  However the record locator number listed on my Edocs comes back as an invalid number when I try it with the airlines, I even talked with the airlines and they don't show that record number in their system.  According to NCL it should be confirmed and updated with a new record locator number  "in a day or so".

22 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I have done that.  However the record locator number listed on my Edocs comes back as an invalid number when I try it with the airlines, I even talked with the airlines and they don't show that record number in their system.  According to NCL it should be confirmed and updated with a new record locator number  "in a day or so".

Same here, when I go to the airline website it says that the reservation has not been ticketed yet.  I have been waiting over a month to get my tickets (I know, this is what could happen when I allow the cruise line to book my airline), I'm just frustrated!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Check again and take particular note to the numeric 0 and letter O. And also upper I and lower l.

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Your avatar shows AZ as home ?

Are your flights to be out of PHX - Phoenix ?

and connections thru LAX - Los Angeles *** most likely

-or- something east coast ?  JFK Miami Washington DC

To get to Barcelona there is going to be a least one connection flight and maybe two.

At this stage getting seats together on those flights is getting more and more difficult.

At least with 60-50 days out there is or was a window - hope the host airline can get

you seats together.

You have a 5-6 hour flight to the east coast and then a 8 hour flight to Spain.

Yes, I will be flying out of PHX. I’m just getting concerned that I am going to get 1- a really long trip with long layovers 2- not be able to sit with my family. I can’t imagine that there is a large selection of seats left on planes at this point.

1 hour ago, tvman18 said:

In the cruise edocs...  look for RECORD LOCATOR TICKET NUMBER. It should be attached to the section of "Before and after you cruise" and under AIR ITINERARY CONFIRMATION.  There should be something there. Go to the airline website and search your flight there. You can then select your seats. What I had to do for my flight. You may have to play around withe record locator. 

Just checked, I have my airport transfers, but still not showing flights. I’ll be checking this throughout the day, thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I get the same response from NCL, it will be ready in a day or so. Frustrating!

2 hours ago, Redsky5292 said:

We fly to Copenhagen in 32 days, we have flight times and airline but no tickets yet.  I've called several times and they keep saying that we will get our tickets soon (we would like to get seats together since it is my DH and I traveling without the kids).  I agree with previous posters that the Cuba situation and migrating over to a new flight system really screwed things up.  I'm sure it will all work out in the end!

Where do you see flight times? I don’t even have that! Odd how they can give you specific flight times, but not specific flights??

7 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

Where do you see flight times? I don’t even have that! Odd how they can give you specific flight times, but not specific flights??

Under Air Itinerary on my edocs  I can see the exact flights (airline, flight number, departure and arrival times) for both flights (going and coming back).  The only thing that is missing is my actual ticket.  My transfer information from the airport has been there for a while.  Nothing has been updated on my edocs since the system upgrade last week when we could finally see our edocs.  At this point I don't know if my hubby and I are going to get seats together on either flight.  At least we don't have to worry about the kids, they are staying home this trip.

Edited by Redsky5292

Just checked NCL Edocs again and I now have a new record locator number.  Went to the airlines website and it now works so I was able to select seats for going and return.  I have the feeling something is still screwed up though, on my return flight I’m confirmed for Business Class (Delta Z) which I didn’t pay for.  I priced the ticket and it is almost $4k, much, much more than what I paid for entire cruise and airfare.  Went ahead and selected the seats, we’ll see if it sticks!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Just checked NCL Edocs again and I now have a new record locator number.  Went to the airlines website and it now works so I was able to select seats for going and return.  I have the feeling something is still screwed up though, on my return flight I’m confirmed for Business Class (Delta Z) which I didn’t pay for.  I priced the ticket and it is almost $4k, much, much more than what I paid for entire cruise and airfare.  Went ahead and selected the seats, we’ll see if it sticks!

My friend got an email from NCL thru her TA. The air department is behind in getting guests booked and ticketed. They are doing it according to travel date. I am guessing because NCL waited so long to book your flights, they booked the only seats available. I am sure they will continue to look for coach to open up but if not enjoy business class. 

My sister has the same record locator number for her departing and returning flight. That would be great if they were the same airline...  

They have her departure on Delta and Returning on American. Hoping this is a quick call to get the number for American since it worked for Delta... 

On 6/11/2019 at 9:06 AM, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Wow! That was lucky! Enjoy your flight and your cruise! 😁