Port Canaveral Parking

2 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Most of my cruises out of Port Canaveral are B2B's or longer so it works out well in my favor. You only pay for the 1st cruise. So you can pay for a 3 night cruise and park as long as you're cruising.

Yep, pay as you enter. 

We typically don't Park at the port. Neighbors drop us off and I cab home. We sail Harmony August 4.  Maybe I'll drop the car off Friday afternoon and have it waiting for me the following Sunday. 🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

For us parking at the port works better.  Even though the difference is $25 by the time you tip the driver each way that difference goes down to $15, just not worth giving up the ability to just hop in the car and go as opposed to waiting for the shuttles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

How difficult is it to get a covered spot at the port?  I plan on getting to the garage as soon as they allow me to park.

No problem if you get there early. Don't know how it will be with 2 large ships there now if you arrive later in the day  The top (uncovered) level looked pretty full by around 1 pm when we sailed last month on the MA

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No problem if you get there early. Don't know how it will be with 2 large ships there now if you arrive later in the day

Thank you for all the help!  My first plan was to park at the port, so I will stick with it. Parking is my #1 worry when taking a cruise.

In January parked at port, under cover, dropped luggage off first.  Porter who helped us with luggage on debarkation walked with us into elevator and right to our car.  Not sure what we paid but since our ship came back a day early, yes we were on the Oasis where people were sick, we were credited for one day.  No problems. 

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I just booked that today for the Mariner for 10/28/19.  With AAA discount, it was $60.65.

Edited to add:  I wish I was going on June 10!

I am not going, I just got back, but wanted to post from their website typical charge.  We get 10% off that price for Veterans discount.  

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

Most of my cruises out of Port Canaveral are B2B's or longer so it works out well in my favor. You only pay for the 1st cruise. So you can pay for a 3 night cruise and park as long as you're cruising.

Exactly.  My B2B on Harmony will be my free parking...every 5th visit is free...no matter how long the cruise is.  😉 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, pay as you enter. 

We typically don't Park at the port. Neighbors drop us off and I cab home. We sail Harmony August 4.  Maybe I'll drop the car off Friday afternoon and have it waiting for me the following Sunday. 🤔

Ah yes...I remember those days.  When we lived on Merritt Island we just called a cab for the 5 mile trip to the port.  Left my vehicle inside the garage all safe and protected.  😉 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Yes I made a mistake and did correct it.

I use Park N Go to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.  No mistake, you are fine.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

In Oct 2017, we did a b2b on Oasis and paid for only the first cruise.  We're doing a b2b on Harmony in Nov and will do the same. So, two weeks for the price of one for each.  We always park at the port.

• Like 2

I always park at the port because of a horrible experience with off site parking in Miami.  My husband is in a wheelchair and prior to parking at this place I inquired if they had a wheelchair accessible shuttle and was told they did. The alarms should have gone off when I pulled into the lot and they said they did not have any handicap spaces and they would park the car.  We unloaded and they took the car and then we waited for the promised accessible shuttle.  After waiting 20 minutes in the sun and asking several employees they finally admitted they did not have an accessible shuttle.  We ended up with my son and son in law carrying my husband up stairs into the shuttle and down again at the port.  Maybe not all off site lots are like this but I won't take a chance again.  No discount is worth it.  Needless to say I did report the lot for non compliance with ADA requirements.

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

In January parked at port, under cover, dropped luggage off first.  Porter who helped us with luggage on debarkation walked with us into elevator and right to our car.  Not sure what we paid but since our ship came back a day early, yes we were on the Oasis where people were sick, we were credited for one day.  No problems. 

I wish we had parked. Had to wait 90 minutes for a cab that day. 😱

7 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

We always do offsite parking 5 min from the port. Park n Go they have a veterans site with an excellent price for parking. Shuttles are nice and fast. Waiting to a minimum. Veterans, Lots of Honor $8.95 a day. Parking there for many years. Never a problem. No need to walk from the parking garage to the ship. Especially if it is raining. Just a suggestion.

Lots of Honor is no longer in business...

7 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

I have never paid anything but a flat rate at PC.  No tax added and ALWAYS for the same number of nights the cruise is for.  A 3-night cruise, I paid for three nights, not 4.  A 7 night cruise, I paid for 7 nights, not 8.  Unless it's changed for 2019 and forward.  So you may want to call and confirm on that.

We have parked there for several years and have always had to pay for the extra day.  

4 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Lots of Honor is no longer in business...

Sorry!  I think when ships return unscheduled portside services aren't what they should be.  Btw we always use a porter as they get you onto shorter immigration lines and in Boston took us to the front of the taxi line, which was 45 mins. long.  Worth the tip.

15 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

We always do offsite parking 5 min from the port. Park n Go they have a veterans site with an excellent price for parking. Shuttles are nice and fast. Waiting to a minimum. Veterans, Lots of Honor $8.95 a day. Parking there for many years. Never a problem. No need to walk from the parking garage to the ship. Especially if it is raining. Just a suggestion.

The Lots of Honor that was on US 1 is closed.  (I drive past it every day)

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I wish we had parked. Had to wait 90 minutes for a cab that day. 😱

Yikes!!  Now maybe I am happy I am not taking cabs home!  It takes less time than that to get on the shuttle, pick up our vehicle and drive home.  😮 I had laundry going at home by 8:30 am when we got back on Mariner last week.  🙂 

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yikes!!  Now maybe I am happy I am not taking cabs home!  It takes less time than that to get on the shuttle, pick up our vehicle and drive home.  😮 I had laundry going at home by 8:30 am when we got back on Mariner last week.  🙂 

No cabs available on a very busy Saturday.  

Typically we wait less than 5 minutes, and home in 20