Food Republic

Diane67B

Hello fellow cruisers! It’s nice to finally join you after lurking for many months. Just a quick question for you. Has anyone ever eaten at the specialty restaurant, Food Republic? We are on the Encore in March and would love to try this restaurant. My sister has celiac disease and can’t do gluten. Are there many gluten free options available? 

FR is amazing.  Even though it is outside the dining plan, we always make sure to go several times on our cruises. Everything there is a la carte, so even if she can’t find much, you can grab snacks there and go eat somewhere else later.  That said, I’m pretty sure there were gluten-free things on the menu. 

NCL is good about identifying gluten free items available, if you ask.  The menu for Food Republic on one of the Encore's sister ships is shown below. The final menus for the Encore will be available when she starts sailing in November. 

image.thumb.png.8699c7faf4f279ed8dce56c1a6c6d77b.png

image.thumb.png.39792f8184cdb2c2ffef738c850cf092.png

image.thumb.png.02afae9cbfdafe81c61b6dd4a3bea5d1.png

Edited by BirdTravels

9 hours ago, thatjoeguy said:

FR is amazing.  Even though it is outside the dining plan, we always make sure to go several times on our cruises. Everything there is a la carte, so even if she can’t find much, you can grab snacks there and go eat somewhere else later.  That said, I’m pretty sure there were gluten-free things on the menu. 

It looks like Food Republic is now part of the dining plan, though I don't know what is included if you use your plan.

"Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: American Diner, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Margaritaville at Sea, Moderno Churrascaria, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Sushi and Teppanyaki"

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Cool!  Will check how it works on our next cruise. I think that since NCL fired the Pubbelly Boys, they have more flexibility.  

Report back on what you find! I would be curious to hear if it covers a fixed amount (like $30-35 pp) or if it covers a certain number of items across the menu (like one starter, one sharable, one dessert, etc.)

4 hours ago, Pitzel said:

Report back on what you find! I would be curious to hear if it covers a fixed amount (like $30-35 pp) or if it covers a certain number of items across the menu (like one starter, one sharable, one dessert, etc.)

In a recent Bliss review, they said it was 4 items at Food Republic per SDP "voucher".

• Like 1

Love this Place.

We did FR on the Joy in May.

Unfortunately we could not use the Food Package, but it was relatively inexpensive compared to land prices.

Edited by alexgtp

Another thumbs up for Food Republic.    I'm very happy it's going to be on the dining plans.   This is a big change.

Even if it isn't on the dining plan, it is so very worth the meal price.     I recommend you go early in the week because chances are you will want to go back!    It's very casual.   It's also one of those places where you read the menu and things might no sound appealing but if you venture out a bit and give things a try, you will find it delicious.    

Teppenaki on NCL is nothing special.   In fact, every mid sized city has a hibachi place exactly like teppanyaki.   La Cucina italian food is just ok, on par with the Olive Garden, and I love the Olive Garden and will happily admit that.     I would skip both these restaurants to eat in Food Republic.