Upgrading fro House Select Beverage to Premium Package

meandbc

Unlike other lines, you can just upgrade one person too. In fact, as my DW doesn't drink, we chose the OBC as our perk and added the Prestige package to me only. DW can get all the bottled water, soda and even virgin Coladas she wants and the total cost for the package worked out at under $20!

11 hours ago, meandbc said:

If you select the house select beverage package as one of your free perks, can you pay the additional $20 pp and upgrade to the premium package?

I assume that the upgrade price is $20 per person per day but if it is $20 pp even better

6 hours ago, swigso said:

I assume that the upgrade price is $20 per person per day but if it is $20 pp even better

$20 per person per day. The olife house package is worth $40, the premium $60 per person per day - so you pay the actual upgrade cost. That's what our TA told us, as it's what we plan to do....

We used OBC to upgrade. Right after boarding visit the concierge desk to reissue our cards. It includes gratuity, plus also the Spanish IVA tax which would have been payable otherwise.

The house package alone would have been borderline for us with no sea days, but with the upgrade, it was a good move.

Happy hours became invisible with magic cards as every hour was happy.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, swigso said:

What is included in the drink package 

does it include single malts etc 

House Select - No

Prestige - Yes

The only thing we found not included in prestige were the 3 connosiuer wines by the glass ($25+ per glass) at the new wine bar in La Reserve, one of the menus is attached.

20190611_160011.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, helpthejuggler said:

We used OBC to upgrade. Right after boarding visit the concierge desk to reissue our cards. It includes gratuity, plus also the Spanish IVA tax which would have been payable otherwise.

The house package alone would have been borderline for us with no sea days, but with the upgrade, it was a good move.

Happy hours became invisible with magic cards as every hour was happy.

Thank you!!Question? When we board on Riviera can we just go over to concierge desk prior to going to PH and get it out of the way?

Denise😊

2 hours ago, swigso said:

What is included in the drink package 

does it include single malts etc 

That's one of the benefits of the Prestige package. When I get it I drink 18 yr old Macallan, a double with the tip would be about $45, two of those and you've covered the daily cost. Not to mention anything else you might drink during the day. 

Hi to Help The Juggler, we met on Celebrity on our Vancouver to Hawaii I believe. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thank you!!Question? When we board on Riviera can we just go over to concierge desk prior to going to PH and get it out of the way?

Denise😊

Unless they've changed you can just go to Guest Relations and upgrade, or if you want to make a friend go to one of the tables that sell it and sign up there. The person selling it will get a spiff from doing it. No reason to not help one of them out. They'll give you a piece of paper to take to Guest Relations. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

Unless they've changed you can just go to Guest Relations and upgrade, or if you want to make a friend go to one of the tables that sell it and sign up there. The person selling it will get a spiff from doing it. No reason to not help one of them out. They'll give you a piece of paper to take to Guest Relations. 

Thank you! I will absolutely go to one of the tables and help out with upgrade!

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

That's one of the benefits of the Prestige package. When I get it I drink 18 yr old Macallan, a double with the tip would be about $45, two of those and you've covered the daily cost. Not to mention anything else you might drink during the day. 

Hi to Help The Juggler, we met on Celebrity on our Vancouver to Hawaii I believe. 

Hi ORV more likely we met on Riviera in Nov 2015 from Venice to Barcelona. I remember joining you at an Oceania club party.

We were waiting our turn at the front desk when we saw staff at the concierge desk with beverage package signs. They were free, so we asked them to upgrade us. So whichever option is quickest, they all work.

Edited by helpthejuggler
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, helpthejuggler said:

Hi ORV more likely we met on Riviera in Nov 2015 from Venice to Barcelona. I remember joining you at an Oceania club party.

We were waiting our turn at the front desk when we saw staff at the concierge desk with beverage package signs. They were free, so we asked them to upgrade us. So whichever option is quickest, they all work.

I do believe you are correct about where we met.

I noticed on the last Oceania cruise we were on that there is certainly more accessibility to upgrade your drink package than there was in the past. We generally upgrade a few days into the cruise so there are not as many options for upgrading at that point. 

20 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Something   many miss  it that you can sign up for the upgrade at any time on the cruise  day 1 day 3   day 10  etc.    Same for the package at $60    you do not have to pre purchase  nor does it go up  or do they discount it during the cruise.   

.Consider that if you took the  drinks package  it was not free... you paid for it and it was bundled into the fare you paid...  It aint free.     If you dont take the  O  fare package  you can spend the money as you see fit when you see fit.      Do not believe that you got a free $40 a day package.. it was your money that you paid that O wants you to believe they gave you !!!!

You can, go on board with no package,  spend a few days seeing if you drinking habits merit the package and then decide if it  is good for you.    Remember once you start you have to continue for the rest of the cruise.

Remember too, that that the  amount you drink the first few days will change as time goes on.... after 8 or 10  days you may be drinking 1/2 or 1/3 of what you were day 2. 

IF  your a drinker the package can pay for its self    as you can easily get 100-150+  worth   a day order doubles or even triples...  no one will bat an eye.     Can you sustain that?  Is the cruise port heavy ?  Is there a bunch of sea days    Is it in the tropics?

Each person is different.    Few people of any age can  keep up a long term drinking  regime for long. 

The line knows this and thats why they offer the package.  They may loose on 25% of the passengers but make $$$$ on 75%.       Its just like food... the longer you have unlimited food  the less you eat....  its human nature.

1961-donald-dingue-00.png

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Something   many miss  it that you can sign up for the upgrade at any time on the cruise  day 1 day 3   day 10  etc.    Same for the package at $60    you do not have to pre purchase  nor does it go up  or do they discount it during the cruise.   

.Consider that if you took the  drinks package  it was not free... you paid for it and it was bundled into the fare you paid...  It aint free.     If you dont take the  O  fare package  you can spend the money as you see fit when you see fit.      Do not believe that you got a free $40 a day package.. it was your money that you paid that O wants you to believe they gave you !!!!

You can, go on board with no package,  spend a few days seeing if you drinking habits merit the package and then decide if it  is good for you.    Remember once you start you have to continue for the rest of the cruise.

Remember too, that that the  amount you drink the first few days will change as time goes on.... after 8 or 10  days you may be drinking 1/2 or 1/3 of what you were day 2. 

IF  your a drinker the package can pay for its self    as you can easily get 100-150+  worth   a day order doubles or even triples...  no one will bat an eye.     Can you sustain that?  Is the cruise port heavy ?  Is there a bunch of sea days    Is it in the tropics?

Each person is different.    Few people of any age can  keep up a long term drinking  regime for long. 

The line knows this and thats why they offer the package.  They may loose on 25% of the passengers but make $$$$ on 75%.       Its just like food... the longer you have unlimited food  the less you eat....  its human nature.

1961-donald-dingue-00.png

Spot on!!!!!!

You are so right on this!

Denise😊

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, chuckcarole said:

when booking a cruise, can I take the beverage package (and than up grade on the ship), and my DH take the 400. (as he doesn't drink )or do we both have to take the same SBC?

you both need to take the same O Life perk

6 hours ago, chuckcarole said:

when booking a cruise, can I take the beverage package (and than up grade on the ship), and my DH take the 400. (as he doesn't drink )or do we both have to take the same SBC?

For our Insignia cruise last week, we took the OBC ($400) and as my DW doesn't drink, but could get soda and frozen virgin coladas, etc., I got the Prestige Beverage Package. Total cost was just under $20 for a seven night cruise.

9 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

Just to warn that if you are from a country not using US dollars,if you pre pay the upgrade for drink package,you may not get a good currency conversion.We always pay on board. 😉

We're from U.K and are planning to pay on board for our Christmas/New Year cruise. But.......................we will be included in Captains night (where the drink flows) and returning Oceania guests are invited (where the drink also flows) . Never been on a Christmas cruise with Oceania before so we don't know what to expect in the way of drinks.  We've also been invited to eat with admin staff and on one occasion ,the cruise director...............................................such a dilemma to have! 

we're so lucky 

Josie xx

BTW if you are in Concierge (and higher) you will have a bottle of pop in your room easily exchanged for a bottle of house

• 3 years later...