April 6 2020 Infinity?

Princess Fi

We are a group of 10 women currently booked 5 cabins CC (all 5 together) on the April 6, 2020 Infinity.  This sailing has been removed from inventory for well over a week. I was assured all is good but I attempted to book a private sailing excursion in Key West and he stated he does not have Infinity in Key West on April 7 but does April 15. That would be for the April 11 sailing. Anyone aware of this sailing being chartered? This is my third attempt as previous 2 have been chartered also. 

Although your cruise is no longer listed on Celebrity's website, I did find it on two online TA sites and I would have been able to book a balcony cabin on the cruise through my usual online TA site. Hope this means it has not been chartered.

You might wish to join your roll call for that cruise to see what others are saying about the possibility of a charter:

I have now gone over to the roll call. Yes I do see this on a couple of online TAs and one is who we booked with but not showing on many others. I am waiting for my agent to call back. Captains Club will only say it is not cancelled but pulled for inventory and not selling and any cabins to avoid overbooking. This sailing is not showing up on Port schedules for Key West or Cozumel.  Will have to wait for a definite answer from Celebrity. 

26 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I checked a common port call website and it lists Infinity for 7 April 2020. 

Den

I hope it is on. We have done a lot of preplanning to date. It is concerning when you want to book a private excursion and they won’t as their official schedule does not show Infinity in port April 7. He said he sees Equinox April 5 and Infinity April 15. It will be either third time a charm or three strikes and you are out.......

6 hours ago, Princess Fi said:

We are a group of 10 women currently booked 5 cabins CC (all 5 together) on the April 6, 2020 Infinity.  This sailing has been removed from inventory for well over a week. I was assured all is good but I attempted to book a private sailing excursion in Key West and he stated he does not have Infinity in Key West on April 7 but does April 15. That would be for the April 11 sailing. Anyone aware of this sailing being chartered? This is my third attempt as previous 2 have been chartered also. 

In the past cruises have been "removed from inventory" when they were in charter negotiations but the charter had not yet been finalized, so it could still go either way.

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I agree that from most all indications it’s not cancelled. Double check with your TA. I’d hope they would have contacted you by now. 

Den

I hope it is on. I see from roll calls people on the 4 night April 16 Infinity were notified last week their sailing was chartered. As both my TA agree just need to wait and see. 

Just to give you some hope.... our Infinity sailing (3/23/2020) was out of inventory for seven (7!!!) weeks earlier this year. There was potential that it was going to be booked for a flower power charter (https://flowerpowercruise.com/news/we-need-a-bigger-boat-so-weve-added-a-second-cruise ). Thankfully, the charter didn't come to fruition, but it did have me concerned for a few months.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, varoo said:

In the past cruises have been "removed from inventory" when they were in charter negotiations but the charter had not yet been finalized, so it could still go either way.

Agree. Been there, done that. 

Well I guess the OP was concerned with the extra cost of 3rd Party. Celebrity is a company in a very competitive business so I usually don’t get to wrapped in such. There’s reasons. 

When i first joined cruisecritic I posted about how neat it was to try new foods and not to worry about only having a taste. Boy, you should have seen the very nasty posts about waste and cost. They got so nasty, the Host shut it down. The main attacker then started another thread on how terrible people are wasting things that cost everyone. That got shutdown too. 

If someone is going to get concerned over some Line being wasteful of ‘their’ money, I’d get more concerned about all the recent posts from those insisting they should get some type of refund because of price drops after final payments. 

I see see that as a waste. But again, the company calculates they’ll placate someone demanding what they aren’t owed and keep them as future customers. So in the big picture it would appear to save a few bucks. 

Den

So sorry your cruise has been cancelled due to a Charter.  Three times for you, no less!  I can  only imagine the disappointment for you and your friends.  Hopefully there aren't any flights involved.  😥

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

Just received official notice April 6 2020 Infinity was chartered. This the THIRD time this one sailing has been chartered. I think I am bad luck!!!!

Hopefully Celebrity offered you a few other cruise replacement choices for you to consider. We've been thrown overboard a couple of times by Celebrity and were offered replacement cruises and dates, additional OBC, price guarantee. 

Yes we have been offered alternative sailings and price protection and $100 OBC per cabin. It is the fact I am beginning to wonder if this is a phantom cruise as this will be my fourth attempt for this sailing if we rebook. 

57 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

Just received official notice April 6 2020 Infinity was chartered. This the THIRD time this one sailing has been chartered. I think I am bad luck!!!!

Wow...if you didn’t have bad luck you would not have any luck.  Do you absolutely have to go in April?  I would hope you might have better luck in May...perhaps.  A $100 OBC per cabin?  How cheap is that?  I would definitely get on the phone and speak to someone who can make decisions.  Tell them that $100 per cabin is not an offer...it’s an insult!  

38 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

Yes we have been offered alternative sailings and price protection and $100 OBC per cabin. It is the fact I am beginning to wonder if this is a phantom cruise as this will be my fourth attempt for this sailing if we rebook. 

Good luck. 😉