Price drop and TA out of touch?

Hello,

I have noticed a price drop on our upcoming Sept cruise, we are less than a week before final payment is due. I contacted our TA and received back an automated reply that she is “out of the office and will reply when she returns.” I’m worried I might not hear back from her before final payment is due and lose out on the savings. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Should I call Royal directly or will they not be able to do anything since it’s a TA booking? 

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royal will not deal with you directly on this. I would call another agent in the office of your TA and have them handle. 

FWIW I find it irresponsible that your TA doesn’t have their emails and phone line auto forwarded to someone to assist you when they are out of town. 

I know I’m a little bummed 😞 I will keep trying. 

6 minutes ago, NewlyMrs.Kilday said:

👍🏻 I reached out 2 days ago 

Try calling Royal and explain the situation.  They "may" let you transfer the booking back to them.  They did that for me once but it was many years ago

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

If your reservation is refundable just book a new reservation directly through Royal at the lower rate.  Then have them transfer it to current (or new)  ta for additional percs.  When current ta calls back have them cancel the original booking

I’m nervous about cancelling or changing the TA as this is part of a group, we all booked with current TA (6 cabins I think) 

1 hour ago, NewlyMrs.Kilday said:

Yes called the main number and left voicemail. Also emailed. They were available when booking.

I'd call the cruiseline and tell them your TA won't return your calls after all this time and you are trying to get the price drop. Amazing how a TA will pick up the phone when Royal calls them

• Like 1

That is why I refuse to book with a TA.  First time I booked with TA each time I called she was not in and no one in the office would help me.  Insisted I leave a message for her to call me back.  We actually had to report to the cruise with just the original paperwork as she could not get our tickets to us for the cruise.  Fired.  Second time on a Celebrity cruise big price drop, called agent and got voicemail she was in Europe.  I sent an email and she did get me the price drop.  I am not game for a third try.

Hope you get a reply from your agent before price drop goes away.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

That is why I refuse to book with a TA.  First time I booked with TA each time I called she was not in and no one in the office would help me.  Insisted I leave a message for her to call me back.  We actually had to report to the cruise with just the original paperwork as she could not get our tickets to us for the cruise.  Fired.  Second time on a Celebrity cruise big price drop, called agent and got voicemail she was in Europe.  I sent an email and she did get me the price drop.  I am not game for a third try.

Hope you get a reply from your agent before price drop goes away.

Sorry that happened to you  but a few misses is hardly a reason to only book direct. In your 30 + cruises a good TA would of showered you with 6 - 8  thousand in perks, much more if you book suites.   Well worth the occasional hiccup. 

23 minutes ago, grneyes said:

Always book our own cruise with RC. This way I control my cruise .

Not interested in a bottle of wine or want ever TA  would give us. But that's us like to have control LOL!

You’re not interested in any of the group rates that many TA’s have access to that can save hundreds of $ on a cruise?  That’s quire a bit more substances like than a bottle of wine.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2