Booking a cruise - offers and promotions?

excitedofharpenden

I’m looking at a 10 night cruise next July and on the booking engine on the website it has a blue star by the cabin category indicating there is an offer or promotion for it.  However, even when going through the process of booking I can’t see anywhere that tells me what the promotion is and any reference to it disappears as you continue.  Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone know of the way I can see what the promotion actually is?

Phil

No I have noticed this on the UK site.  I THINK it means it has a generally lower price (the front page banner says 2020 cruises reduced) but I’m just guessing on that. I’d certainly like to hear how to see the “offers”

Agree that it's probably the 2020 promotion but it's not that clear within the booking engine. We've just booked for next June the offer says "suites excluded" but the CC suite category had a blue star by it and the price had been reduced.

Is the price shown on the initial page the discounted price or does the 30% off appear at the end of the booking process?

I am in the US. Perhaps there is a difference in what is showing.

Edited by Babr

I am looking at Australia-New Zealand. A February 2020 15-night is supposed to be 30% off at $19,621.52 (two people) for an N2.

A 17-night February 2021 without a promotion is $18239.62 for an N2.

That is why is asked about pricing.  Where does the discount show up?  As it is, the promotional price for 2020 is more than the regular price for 2021 unless the discount is applied later in the booking process.

2 hours ago, Babr said:

Is the price shown on the initial page the discounted price or does the 30% off appear at the end of the booking process?

I am in the US. Perhaps there is a difference in what is showing.

I am in the US.  The prices shown are the 20-30% off.  Depending on who you book with than can be a substantial additional onboard credit to offset the cost of shore excursions, etc.

Sorry.  Still trying to understand the pricing.  

30% off of what number?  If the price shown ($19,621), is the reduced price, that means it had to be offered around $25,500 at some point.  I’m just not seeing those numbers in my admittedly limited research. That is more in line with Spa Suites and up.

If that is the case, the 2021 date at regular price is a bargain, especially since it is two days longer.

What am I not understanding here?

This thread is getting off the track of my original question.  When I look at the cruise it gives a blue star indicating offers and promotions against certain categories, but I can't see any way to look at them to see what the deal is. I think the replies here confirm that I'm not missing anything. It used to show up as promotion codes, but now nothing. 

Phil 

C82EF85F-F240-43CE-93FC-5E275125F24B.png

I am looking at a back to back cruise next May.

It also shows the blue star, but there is no option to click on it and see the offers.

All the cabin categories including suites have it , so I dont know if it is the 202O reduced rates offer, because it states they are not included .

On the US site, I looked at one of our upcoming cruises.  When I selected a category I saw the screen print below.  I clicked on more about this offer and got the Promo Code 5 box pop up.  But when I looked at the price breakdown, it just gave the fare and taxes/fees that totaled the total vacation cost.  So I don't know if the US site is giving any useful information but it does at least show a code you could call and ask about.

azoffers.jpg

Just now, bob278 said:

On the US site, I looked at one of our upcoming cruises.  When I selected a category I saw the screen print below.  I clicked on more about this offer and got the Promo Code 5 box pop up.  But when I looked at the price breakdown, it just gave the fare and taxes/fees that totaled the total vacation cost.  So I don't know if the US site is giving any useful information but it does at least show a code you could call and ask about.

azoffers.jpg

Thanks. That is interesting. That's what I used to get, but now can't. An error on the UK site?

Phil 

Didn’t intend to hijack the thread. I thought I was talking about the same thing because I am not seeing any promotion code even though there is a blue star by the cabin category, thus no change in pricing as illustrated in the screen shot.

15 minutes ago, Babr said:

Didn’t intend to hijack the thread. I thought I was talking about the same thing because I am not seeing any promotion code even though there is a blue star by the cabin category, thus no change in pricing as illustrated in the screen shot.

Same.