Does The Media Hate Cruising?

babs135

On July 5, 2019 at 11:28 AM, VMax1700 said:

He is absolutely right!  Every cruise line should have a spare ship on standby, waiting empty for an occasion like this! It could be sent by DHL or UPS to where ever the problem is located, by overnight expresss.

On July 5, 2019 at 4:44 PM, SantaFeFan said:

Nah, overnight express would take too long. They should build an exact duplicate for every ship. The duplicate would follow the main ship at a safe distance at all times.  The captain in the lead ship could control the following ship by remote control. If the lead ship breaks down, everyone would be transferred to the duplicate ship behind it.

Easy peazy.

No no need for that. Just use the technology reported by the tabloids about "The Philidelphia Experiment" transporting the USS Eldridge through space and time.

15 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

No no need for that. Just use the technology reported by the tabloids about "The Philidelphia Experiment" transporting the USS Eldridge through space and time.

That would be a real Enterprise if it could do that.

So, I just traveled on I-95 from the Annapolis, MD area back home to Savannah yesterday.  We were very fortunate because the traffic southbound was moving along at (or above) the speed limit virtually the entire way.

However, northbound I-95 was a completely different story!  For at least 50% of the trip, from the Washington beltway to Charleston, SC, it was a parking lot.  Cars were creeping along at 15-20 mph for tens of miles at a time, with a few short breaks in between at around 50 mph.  My Waze app was lit up with heavy traffic alerts for the northbound lanes for almost the whole trip.  Yet there was not a single article I could find on the internet about this horrible situation!!  People were spending many extra hours in their travel, many probably did not reach their destinations at all last night, and there were tons of accidents and broken down vehicles along the way.  But not a peep out of the media!!!  Where is the cry for these poor, over-traveled people??  Where are the attacks on the governments of SC, NC, and VA for the huge losses in time and money over this totally unacceptable end to tens of thousands of holiday weekends?

Oh, that's right, it wasn't a cruise ship or an aircraft, so nothing there to sensationalize.

My bad.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:53 AM, K32682 said:

the cruiser who simply took the change of events in stride.

Bob met one of those who had been airlifted off by helicopter...in Oakland baggage claim.  And older woman who was just very complimentary to all involved and said how nice the Norwegian people in port were.  Right.  That's not newsworthy.