Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Booman14

Question about eDocs.

Recommended Posts

Well we just received luggage tags through the post so we must be going lol

 

however. Still cant get the docs to print. And all the online stuff is totally finalized with flight seats booked too xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same issue and don't have any air promo/flights with my booking. I got the email a while back that they were ready and I was able to see them. However, now it says edocs not available and I can't access/download them. We are around 78 days out and I know others on my rollcall have downloaded their docs. I tried calling last week but gave up after 40 minutes on hold....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 10:01 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I'm having the same issue and don't have any air promo/flights with my booking. I got the email a while back that they were ready and I was able to see them. However, now it says edocs not available and I can't access/download them. We are around 78 days out and I know others on my rollcall have downloaded their docs. I tried calling last week but gave up after 40 minutes on hold....

Yes. That’s about where we are but we are 30 days out now. Got luggage tags through the post and the in-laws have printed their edocs a few weeks ago for the same cruise. We still cant print. Annoying but nothing we can do i guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, Andrea n steven said:

Well we just received luggage tags through the post so we must be going lol

 

however. Still cant get the docs to print. And all the online stuff is totally finalized with flight seats booked too xx

You indicated you cannot print, can you see the edocs? If you cannot I would call NCL. If your flights are set you edocs should show too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

And all the online stuff is totally finalized with flight seats booked too xx

Are your flights, on the the airline website, marked as confirmed or ticketed? Confirmed means they are being held but have not been paid for by NCL. Mine are confirmed but not ticketed and I was able to select seat assignments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 56 days out and our edocs showed up this morning. I didn't get an email or message, but when I clicked on download edocs, I found the information including guest details, itinerary, transfers and dining/excursion reservations.

 

But I couldn't find any flight info nor see where I should look for flight info. So I called Norwegian and asked about it and the rep sent me an email with the flight info. He said I should have been able to see it under edocs, but I still can't. However, at least I now have my flight info. 

 

Now I'm trying to select our air plane seats and having no success with that on the Air Canada site (heading to the cruise) or the Delta/Westjet sites (returning). Oh well, I'll figure that out another day. At least I now have our flights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Janetonboard said:

But I couldn't find any flight info nor see where I should look for flight info. So I called Norwegian and asked about it and the rep sent me an email with the flight info. He said I should have been able to see it under edocs, but I still can't. However, at least I now have my flight info. 

I checked an hour ago and no eDocs. I just checked and, like you, I had my eDocs but no flight info. It's getting better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I checked an hour ago and no eDocs. I just checked and, like you, I had my eDocs but no flight info. It's getting better.

 

We should probably both be patient and wait for our official emails when all the information is ready. But waiting is hard....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevendom57 said:

Are your flights, on the the airline website, marked as confirmed or ticketed? Confirmed means they are being held but have not been paid for by NCL. Mine are confirmed but not ticketed and I was able to select seat assignments.

I was able to open edocs last night. Typed in record locator into search feature on United's site and found our reservation. We are ticketed and I called to adjust seats and confirm that our frequent flyer numbers were added. I can even see the FF points we will earn for the trip. Now we wait to fly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the issues could  be in conjunction with the upgrades and other issues.  Here is my experience.  I am sailing on 9/1 with a CAS trip with the free/reduced airfare.  I booked just outside the 120 day window.  

1) eDocs where available within a week of final payment.

2) just before the upgrade eDocs included the flight information (which was only a hold which was confirmed on AA website).  

3) After the upgrade, both flight info and edocs were gone.

4) called NCL and they corrected and both were available again

5) about 3 weeks ago, Edocs were gone again.

6) on July 9th I saw the airline was in ticketed status.

7) eDocs reappeared today (7/17), with all the pertinent information.

 

So I would not be too concerned on having your eDocs available at this time. I would just confirm every so often that all your information remains the same on the NCL website to ensure that something was not dropped.  I am thinking they do not have an automated feed between the airline reservation system being used and the NCL system, so all the airline info may need to be manually updated (thus the reason it is taking so long).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently on hold w/NCL, and have been for about 45 minutes now. Finally thought to check here and see if there's any advice.

 

We are 5 nights out from sailing (Joy)

 

Booked 2 rooms last week (separate bookings). Completed the on-line check-in for both bookings. Was able to download and print docs and bag tags for 1st booking, but not the 2nd one. That was last Thursday. Went away for the weekend and figured I'd try again today. Same thing. Still says docs on 2nd booking "aren't ready to be retrieved". 

 

Cruise only, no NCL air. 

 

No Casino booking. 

 

Just a plain ol' booking. 

 

Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Currently on hold w/NCL, and have been for about 45 minutes now. Finally thought to check here and see if there's any advice.

 

We are 5 nights out from sailing (Joy)

 

Booked 2 rooms last week (separate bookings). Completed the on-line check-in for both bookings. Was able to download and print docs and bag tags for 1st booking, but not the 2nd one. That was last Thursday. Went away for the weekend and figured I'd try again today. Same thing. Still says docs on 2nd booking "aren't ready to be retrieved". 

 

Cruise only, no NCL air. 

 

No Casino booking. 

 

Just a plain ol' booking. 

 

Any advice?

 

Success after 75 minutes on hold. When the rep answered, he said I'd called the right number, and all he does it "reset" people's bookings so that they can download/print their edocs and bag tags. Here's the number I called:

 

Technical Support? Call us at 1-866-625-1160

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, Janetonboard said:

We are 56 days out and our edocs showed up this morning. I didn't get an email or message, but when I clicked on download edocs, I found the information including guest details, itinerary, transfers and dining/excursion reservations.

 

But I couldn't find any flight info nor see where I should look for flight info. So I called Norwegian and asked about it and the rep sent me an email with the flight info. He said I should have been able to see it under edocs, but I still can't. However, at least I now have my flight info. 

 

Now I'm trying to select our air plane seats and having no success with that on the Air Canada site (heading to the cruise) or the Delta/Westjet sites (returning). Oh well, I'll figure that out another day. At least I now have our flights. 

 

About those seat assignments - do have a Record Locator ? That is the 6digit/letter code that holds your airline

reservation. Logon to the airline site and enter that locator and your reservation should pop up and you can make

your seat selection from the menu that opens up showing a diagram of the seating of the airplane.

DO NOT WAIT till later to make a selection of the remaining seats as seating together for you and your party may

not be possible except if the gate agent can coax others to move.

Having trouble call the airline and give them the Record Locator and have them make the selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 7:12 PM, stevendom57 said:

At about 43 days I called and they ticketed my NCL flights and I was able to download the eDocs.

Do you remember what number you called. We are at 42 days and have neither??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CCKenney said:

Do you remember what number you called. We are at 42 days and have neither??

Premium Air    866-625-1163

I'm at 58 days.....guess I'll still have to wait !!!  I check my E-docs a few times a day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, I just returned from my trip. I flew from Austin -> LAX -> Seattle and the same in reverse coming home. It was a good flight (other than having to go anywhere near LAX). Plenty of time for the layover, but not too long, about 2 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to us yesterday morning.  Wondering when they actually WILL be available!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! This happened to me as well and I used the website to contact ncladmin@ncl.com. If you already have your airfare confirmation email, but no eDocs, then it is a GLITCH with the website and you can contact the website admin to have it fixed. They fixed mine within a few hours of emailing them. 

 

This was in their automated reply to my initial email: Due to the popularity of our air promotion, we are experiencing a delay in ticketing of air flights which in turn afffects the availability of E-docs (AKA Electronic Documents, Boarding Passes, Cruise Tickets).  If your reservation is within 45 days or less and you have booked Air Flights with Norwegian CruiseLine, Please email us at ncladmin@ncl.com in order for us to expedite the release of your E-docs.  When emailing us, please include your reservation number, ship name and sail date. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...