Thermal spa

Diane67B

I have a silly question. My sister and I are thinking of getting a thermal spa package for the Encore next March. It is a Caribbean cruise. Do people actually enjoy the heat in the spa and the heated loungers in the Caribbean heat? I love the idea of having a lounger with a sea view. I’m just not sure about the “heated” factor in a hot destination.

The heated loungers are my favorite spot an any ship. In everyday life I'm not a napper. Couldn't nap to save my life. Those loungers do something to me. Fall asleep everytime. It's quite (supposed to be), no kids, the view, very relaxing.  Sometimes it's hard to get one. People like to read , nap and relax in the loungers. They have some sort of power over people. Lol. Dont hesitate just because your in the Caribbean. 

Yes, I had a pass for 15 days on the Bliss on the Panama Canal trip in April which was very hot ..... What weather goes on outside does not reflect the temps inside the spa nor it's enjoyment. The Thermal Spa is soothing and relaxing no matter what the weather is like outside. 

• Like 1

I don't think it matters as to the itinerary of your cruise if you want to do the spa.  It is just one other option to your vacation.  The thermal loungers are nice and can be relaxing ( when you can get one ).  You can go to the spa early in the morning to start your day or later in the evening to unwind or enjoy some day time there after being at port.  I don't think the weather outside matters.  With that being said I won't book the thermal spa again.  We did it last cruise and felt like it was a complete waste of money.  Whenever we went it was very crowded and noisy.  It didn't matter what time of day, it was the same.  Perhaps it was just that sailing but we decided to pass on the thermal spa this upcoming cruise.   For now we would rather spend our money on something else that we can actually enjoy. 

We usually get the thermal spa passes on the the “Away” ships and love it. On our Panama Canal Cruise on the Bliss , we enjoyed relaxing in the Obervation Lounge and found we used the spa much less in favor of the OL. On our upcoming Encore Cruise , we are forgoing the spa  passes because of the Observation Lounge. If we cruise Escape or Getaway again, we will definitely get them. By the way, there are many comfy padded loungers in the spa with the same views, so you do not have to be in the heated loungers all the time and even if the heated ones are taken, you can usually find one of the regular ones.  As far as It being noisy,  that is a pet peeve of mine when people carry on loud conversations in what is supposed to be a quiet tranquil place. It does happen occasionally and is very annoying. 

Mary Ann

One thing to be aware of, and I noticed it this trip especially, is the thermal suite can have a strong chlorine smell. (Or whatever chemicals they use to balance the water features, but day before yesterday on Escape it smelled like they'd poured a couple of gallons of straight Clorox into the larger pool.) I'm pretty used to this, and maybe I'm just becoming more sensitive to smells, but it kept me out of the water entirely that day. It will also depend on if a lot of people are using the water features--if they have all the jets and bubblers going, more of the chlorine smell gets into the air.

I actually think that UFMom might have a point with the Encore having the Observation Lounge. I think I might just enjoy spending time there. Also, Perditax warning about a strong chlorine smell doesn’t sound so good. Thanks again for the replies. I am really enjoying this wonderful community!

On 7/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, tallnthensome said:

Yes, I had a pass for 15 days on the Bliss on the Panama Canal trip in April which was very hot ..... What weather goes on outside does not reflect the temps inside the spa nor it's enjoyment. The Thermal Spa is soothing and relaxing no matter what the weather is like outside. 

May I ask how much the 15 day pass is.  Im sailing 13 days on the getaway and was wondering approximately how much it wouls be.  thanks

11 hours ago, honeybear'scruisevacation said:

May I ask how much the 15 day pass is.  Im sailing 13 days on the getaway and was wondering approximately how much it wouls be.  thanks

It was just over $300 a person for the 15 days ..... I want to say like $306 per ..... You get better rates for longer cruises versus  a typical 7 day. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, Diane67B said:

I have a silly question. My sister and I are thinking of getting a thermal spa package for the Encore next March. It is a Caribbean cruise. Do people actually enjoy the heat in the spa and the heated loungers in the Caribbean heat? I love the idea of having a lounger with a sea view. I’m just not sure about the “heated” factor in a hot destination.

I have a Thermal Spa Cabin booked on the Encore in December of 2020. I heard it's a popular category. I don't think i will use the Spa since I am a Man but My Mom and Aunts and GF will use it.

Edited by SailorMan20

On 7/5/2019 at 3:46 PM, BirdTravels said:

We would not sail without a Thermal Suite pass. We enjoy the saunas, steamroom and hot bubbling water of the hydrotherapy pool. 

Do you know what the hours usually are? I would love to get passes for me and husband and father in law, but most likely I would only be able to get there in the earlier am. husband and his dad would be mid day relaxers.

39 minutes ago, cruisewithbaby said:

Do you know what the hours usually are? I would love to get passes for me and husband and father in law, but most likely I would only be able to get there in the earlier am. husband and his dad would be mid day relaxers.

On the 7 day to Bermuda

Day 1  (Sun) was from 11 am to 10pm

Days 2-6 (Mon-Fri) 8 am - 10pm

Day 7 (Sat) 8am - 8pm 

Edited by McFins
Typo

32 minutes ago, cruisewithbaby said:

Also I can’t book until next month when it opens up but online says there’s an 18 percent gratuity added...can I ask why? It’s not a service but a self serve spa right?

6 minutes ago, McFins said:

On the 7 day to Bermuda

Day 1  (Sun) was from 11 am to 10pm

Days 2-6 (Mon-Fri) 8 am - 10pm

Day 7 (Sat) 8am - 8pm 

Ive never been charged a gratuity on the thermal suite ....just on spa services like a massage, facial, etc 

9 hours ago, SailorMan20 said:

I have a Thermal Spa Cabin booked on the Encore in December of 2020. I heard it's a popular category. I don't think i will use the Spa since I am a Man but My Mom and Aunts and GF will use it.

Lots of men enjoy the spa. Try it, you might like it! Steam, sauna, hot tub. It isn't a beauty salon!

28 minutes ago, SailorMan20 said:

I just walk in there with My everyday clothes on? I can't fit a towel around Me.

You will want to have swim trunks, but you can change in the locker room.