Grand Suite - does it include Internet?

We are in a Grand Suite on Freedom next year. Does this include an Internet surf/stream package? All the sites I've seen say yes for Sky Suite guests but I can't find something saying that the Freedom is included. 

Should be IMHO but it isn’t. I do not understand why they have such lesser benefits for suites (no Voom and not even a discount) on all but the largest ships when there often is little or no price difference. In some cases it makes suites on all but the Oasis and Quantum classes more expensive since you have to get your own Voom package (and with mostly lesser WiFi systems). Sorry, this is the RCL thorn in my side 😟

Grand suites on older smaller ships are normally less expensive, internet I could not care about , not having costal kitchen is a bigger factor for us at least. Have gotten great deals for grand suites on freedom and voyager class. You get what you pay for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, George C said:

Grand suites on older smaller ships are normally less expensive, internet I could not care about , not having costal kitchen is a bigger factor for us at least. Have gotten great deals for grand suites on freedom and voyager class. You get what you pay for.

Some are, some aren’t. There is not always the strong correlation that you are suggesting,  in fact we have paid more for the Grandeur than the Allure and Oasis a few times in just the last couple of years. We don’t care about the CS but we feel ripped off Voom wise. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

For the August 9-12 cruise, a Grand Suite on the Mariner is $2,600 for 2 people, and a Grand Suite on the Navigator that same weekend is over $3,000. That is over $800 a night for Mariner and $1,000 a night for Navigator. So the Grand Suites on those two Voyager ships are very expensive and do not include Internet. 

• Like 1

We did 6 grand suites in last 5 years most we paid was 1600 for a 7 day cruise and did one 9 day for that price, I know prices are a swing drastically from one day to another, we booked oasis grand suite for last November for 2500 per person price kept going down , we settled for a owners suite for same 2500. 

12 minutes ago, George C said:

We did 6 grand suites in last 5 years most we paid was 1600 for a 7 day cruise and did one 9 day for that price, I know prices are a swing drastically from one day to another, we booked oasis grand suite for last November for 2500 per person price kept going down , we settled for a owners suite for same 2500. 

The prices lately have been actually better for Grand Suites on Oasis-class ships than for Navigator or Mariner. I just can not believe the prices they are asking. Now I did get my Royal Up bid accepted once for the Royal Suite on Mariner, but that still came out to $800/night for two people. And No Internet included! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

The prices lately have been actually better for Grand Suites on Oasis-class ships than for Navigator or Mariner. I just can not believe the prices they are asking. Now I did get my Royal Up bid accepted once for the Royal Suite on Mariner, but that still came out to $800/night for two people. And No Internet included! 

Interesting we did our first oasis cruise last November, only reason we did not book it before that was cost was way more, maybe the fact that Oasis is a little older now.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sandebeach said:

It’s hard to compare price per Day between the 3 night weekend party cruises to the big ships. The price per day has almost always been more for us on 3 night cruises. Typically we book late in the game. Grand Suite. 

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

But, they should still standardize benefits across the fleet. If you pay for a suite, does not matter if it is a big ship or small. 

And that was my point exactly 👍🏼 Honestly, when we began cruising with Royal Caribbean (moving over from Norwegian) we had only initially sailed in the Oasis class ships where Sky class benefits included Voom.  We really both very surprised and very unhappy to find that Sky class meant something very different on mid size ships. I have no idea why they decided to do it this way, but it was irritating enough to us that we considered heading back to NCL. I did email them, and was professional and polite, about our thoughts on that (and they did call me about it). Maybe enough people will speak up that they make a change - I could happen 😊 Just my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

But, they should still standardize benefits across the fleet. If you pay for a suite, does not matter if it is a big ship or small. 

That is what I like about celebrity, all there ships have a suite restaurant and a suite lounge that are way better than rccl , there lounge has free drinks from early morning till very late. Only exception is there tiny Galapagos ship. But there suites cost more in general.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

... 👍🏼We really both very surprised and very unhappy to find that Sky class meant something very different on mid size ships. ... 😊

There is no Sky (or Sea or Star) class on mid size (or smaller) ships.  Royal has never used that term for other than Quantum and Oasis class ships.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

And that was my point exactly 👍🏼 Honestly, when we began cruising with Royal Caribbean (moving over from Norwegian) we had only initially sailed in the Oasis class ships where Sky class benefits included Voom.  We really both very surprised and very unhappy to find that Sky class meant something very different on mid size ships. I have no idea why they decided to do it this way, but it was irritating enough to us that we considered heading back to NCL. I did email them, and was professional and polite, about our thoughts on that (and they did call me about it). Maybe enough people will speak up that they make a change - I could happen 😊 Just my opinion.

Pretty sure the only time included internet is mentioned in marketing is when you are looking at Suite Class benefits. And those only apply to Oasis and Quantum ships. It's been that way for around 5+ years 

4 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

We really both very surprised and very unhappy to find that Sky class meant something very different on mid size ships.

Sky Class isn't offered on mid-size ships, it's exclusive to Oasis and Quantum class unless sailing in China then no Sky Class.  

Therein lies the problem.  While sister cruise line Celebrity has a more consistent suite product across the fleet, Royal has little suite consistency across the fleet.  Instead it's a complex matrix of... this ship unless in that region. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sky Class isn't offered on mid-size ships, it's exclusive to Oasis and Quantum class unless sailing in China then no Sky Class.  

Therein lies the problem.  While sister cruise line Celebrity has a more consistent suite product across the fleet, Royal has little suite consistency across the fleet.  Instead it's a complex matrix of... this ship unless in that region. 

Haven't done Celebrity in years, Sky Suite on Galaxy. Aren't there differences in the various levels of suite much like the differences between Sea, Sky, and Star

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On 2017 Presidents Cruise on Freedom , MB mentioned they were trying to roll out the Suite Classes to more ships (Sea/Sky/Star). I guess they have made some changes by adding Suite Lounges in some classes of ships. 

I think with all the new ships on order, probably no compelling reason. Seems to me, without CK, there's no point.

They could carve CK out of upper level in MDR on Freedom Class. I believe that's what Celebrity did

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't done Celebrity in years, Sky Suite on Galaxy. Aren't there differences in the various levels of suite much like the differences between Sea, Sky, and Star

On celebrity all suites from smallest the sky suite to largest have concierge, same restaurant luminae and same suite lounge. Only difference I believe is higher suites get luggage direct free and drink package along with bottles in your suite. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

On celebrity all suites from smallest the sky suite to largest have concierge, same restaurant luminae and same suite lounge. Only difference I believe is higher suites get luggage direct free and drink package along with bottles in your suite. 

Thst sounds like some of the difference between Sky and Star. Does Celebrity use Butlers for all suites?

12 hours ago, sandebeach said:

All prices on the Mariner seem very high to me- Congrats on your upgrade

• Like 1