Grand Suite - does it include Internet?

Yes still have butlers in all suites , also welcome bottle of champagne but higher suites I believe get a higher grade of champagne , top two categories royal and penthouse have unlimited specialty dinning same as rccl , we have royal booked for next year for first time. But most likely eat most meals in luminae. 

Edited by George C
Add info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't done Celebrity in years, Sky Suite on Galaxy. Aren't there differences in the various levels of suite much like the differences between Sea, Sky, and Star

Sure there are difference between the suites levels, but from ship to ship there are consistencies.  A entry level Sky Suite on an old ship has very similar benefits to a Sky Suite on a newer ship.

Luminae, the suite only restaurant is available on nearly all ships for example.  If you book a suite on Celebrity, you have access to a suite only restaurant for all meals.

Celebrity doesn't have the concept of Sea/Sky/Star Class where only certain ships have them.

On Royal you have to do the research to figure out what you are going to get in a suite, it's very inconsistent.  An entry level Junior Suite can be anything from a balcony cabin (on older ships) to slightly bigger than a balcony cabin to a cabin with one and half bathrooms.  Sometimes you get a tub, sometimes you don't.  Sometimes you get a walk in closet, sometimes you don't.  Sometimes you get dinner only in a suite restaurant, sometimes you don't.

A grand suite can also vary greatly across the fleet.  

Even a Sky Class Suite isn't consist across the ships that have Sky Class.  Sometimes there is a suite lounge with complimentary drinks 11am - 11pm, sometimes there isn't.    

The Royal Caribbean suite product is defined by the acronym RCI - Really Consistently Inconsistent

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

On celebrity all suites from smallest the sky suite to largest have concierge, same restaurant luminae and same suite lounge. Only difference I believe is higher suites get luggage direct free and drink package along with bottles in your suite. 

My understanding regarding Celebrity, they don’t welcome Zeniths (similar to P’s on Royal) to exclusive Suite areas while Royal does. On some cruises, the SL/CK can get very crowded. 

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My understanding regarding Celebrity, they don’t welcome Zeniths (similar to P’s on Royal) to exclusive Suite areas while Royal does. On some cruises, the SL/CK can get very crowded. 

What I found to be weird is never saw suite lounge crowded in my three celebrity suite cruises all in last two years , normally less than ten people is a rather large suite lounge, not sure on Zenith perks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Sky Class isn't offered on mid-size ships, it's exclusive to Oasis and Quantum class unless sailing in China then no Sky Class.  

Therein lies the problem.  While sister cruise line Celebrity has a more consistent suite product across the fleet, Royal has little suite consistency across the fleet.  Instead it's a complex matrix of... this ship unless in that region. 

And @Host Clarea

Part of the problem on the first cruise off the mega ships was that online it referred to the suite as “Sky” class. I know you mean that the full benefits of the Sky class aren't offered, but there is no doubt that the RCL website did denote that suite as “Sky class” when we booked (and I believe in the suites since have shown the same). So no, it’s apparently not Sky class but that has not stopped them from listing it as such. That is a problem.

We were relatively new to RCL, we had no way of knowing “Sky class” didn’t mean skyn class! We had no way to guess it would suddenly change as we cruised on a somewhat smaller ship of course.  As you say, there is inconsistency across the ships and we find that at best frustrating.

Edited by 2Beeze

1 minute ago, 2Beeze said:

Part of the problem on the first cruise off the mega ships was that online it referred to the suite as “Sky” class. I know you mean that the full benefits of the Sky class aren't offered, but it did denote it as “Sky class” when we booked ( and I believe in the suites since have shown the same). We had no way to guess it would suddenly change as we cruised on a somewhat smaller ship of course.  As you say, there is inconsistency across the ships and we find that at best frustrating.

That was misinformation from RC.  There is no Sky (or Star or Sea) class suites on ships other than Quantum and Oasis class.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That was misinformation from RC.  There is no Sky (or Star or Sea) class suites on ships other than Quantum and Oasis class.

I realize that, now..but not that first sailing. They still call them Sky class when, as you say, they are not.

addition - It seems that with that recent site re-organization (the layout of cabin listings) that they are still adding the Sky designation on the booking portion. I’m going to go check my recent reservation for 6/22 to see if they’ve changed the way they refer to the suite in that also,

Edited by 2Beeze

2 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I realize that, now..but not that first sailing. They still call them Sky class when, as you say, they are not.

Only Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships refer to the suites as sea/sky/star.  What other ship are you seeing a suite referred to as sky class?

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Only Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships refer to the suites as sea/sky/star.  What other ship are you seeing a suite referred to as sky class?

Ok, I feel like I fell into the “Groundhog Day” movie! 😂  I thought I had answered, but I am not sure what I can say beyond what I have already said - you will have to just trust that what I am saying is true since there is no way for me to prove what we saw online when booking. And the idea that I just made it up would be bizarre.  When we booked the owner’s suite on the Grandeur and the Oceanview Panoramic suite on the Adventure the site showed them as “Sky class” in at least one section of the website  (of course we recognized that was not fully true during that second booking) - both cruises were booked around a year ago.  

My problem is less that the site showed Sky class, my point had far more to do with that fact that there is big differences on benefits without a big difference  (both directions) in the cost. It is a reasonable concern.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I've never seen Sky Class mentioned on ships without Royal Suite Class.

I have seen Royal Suite Class banners on the website, but when you click them, they show the 8 or so ships of the Oasis and Quantum class.

We booked the RS on Serenade in 2015 for a 2017 sailing hoping for Sky or Star perks. It never happened 😥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never seen Sky Class mentioned on ships without Royal Suite Class.

I have seen Royal Suite Class banners on the website, but when you click them, they show the 8 or so ships of the Oasis and Quantum class.

We booked the RS on Serenade in 2015 for a 2017 sailing hoping for Sky or Star perks. It never happened 😥

Yes, we booked the RS on Enchantment two years ago and we had to buy Internet! For the price of the RS, you would think you would at least get Internet for free!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, we booked the RS on Enchantment two years ago and we had to buy Internet! For the price of the RS, you would think you would at least get Internet for free!

Our price wasn't crazy. Around 8 grand for 10 days. Our A1 on Allure is 10 grand for 12 days, way better benefits, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

Ok, I feel like I fell into the “Groundhog Day” movie! 😂  I thought I had answered, but I am not sure what I can say beyond what I have already said - you will have to just trust that what I am saying is true since there is no way for me to prove what we saw online when booking. And the idea that I just made it up would be bizarre.  When we booked the owner’s suite on the Grandeur and the Oceanview Panoramic suite on the Adventure the site showed them as “Sky class” in at least one section of the website  (of course we recognized that was not fully true during that second booking) - both cruises were booked around a year ago.  

My problem is less that the site showed Sky class, my point had far more to do with that fact that there is big differences on benefits without a big difference  (both directions) in the cost. It is a reasonable concern.

The same site that gave you a $18 Drink Package and your using it as backup. Lol

• Haha 2

Just because some people didn’t see it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’m surprised that anyone would act like I just invented it to post something on CC about. I do have emails back-and-forth with one of the Allure concierges discussing what happened since we had just gotten off that ship when we booked the next cruise, but clearly I didn’t do screen captures just in case I might need it a year later at CC 🧐🤔 

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

I messed up my quote. This is a comment on someone’s post about Celebrity cruiseline’s Suites.

Royal and Penthouse suites get free specialty restaurants and laundry, as well.

Edited by cruzzzinma

47 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Just because some people didn’t see it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’m surprised that anyone would act like I just invented it to post something on CC about. I do have emails back-and-forth with one of the Allure concierges discussing what happened since we had just gotten off that ship when we booked the next cruise, but clearly I didn’t do screen captures just in case I might need it a year later at CC 🧐🤔 

No one said it didn't happen and no one accused you of inventing anything.  You were asked what ships you experienced this on.

We have sailed every class of ship except Vision class and never have seen anything about Royal Suite Class on anything other then our Oasis Class sailings or our Anthem sailings.  You say it was on Grandeur and Adventure, so I just looked to see if I could find what you saw, but I can't, so it must be corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't done Celebrity in years, Sky Suite on Galaxy. Aren't there differences in the various levels of suite much like the differences between Sea, Sky, and Star

Celebrity also give cruise points for Captain's Club based on the level of accommodation. On RCI, a JS or higher with 2 people in it get 2 points/night. On Celebrity, a Sky Suite gets 8 points/night. The top suites get 12. And the top suites get a complimentary premium beverage package, minibar setup (replenished daily), two bottles of liquor and laundry.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thst sounds like some of the difference between Sky and Star. Does Celebrity use Butlers for all suites?

Yes.

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Zenith are allowed to use Michael's Club (now called the Suite Retreat on Edge and the updated ships). They are not entitled to dine in Luminae. There aren't nearly as many Zenith on X as there are Pinnacles on RCI, so I don't imagine that there's a lot of overcrowding in the lounge (there hasn't been when we've sailed in a suite). But Luminae can just barely handle the suite passengers, so adding frequent floaters would create a serious problem with service. Which we have seen in CK on more than one occasion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

No one said it didn't happen and no one accused you of inventing anything.  You were asked what ships you experienced this on.

We have sailed every class of ship except Vision class and never have seen anything about Royal Suite Class on anything other then our Oasis Class sailings or our Anthem sailings.  You say it was on Grandeur and Adventure, so I just looked to see if I could find what you saw, but I can't, so it must be corrected.

I wasn’t referring to you , I am not sure what I wrote that made it seem so 🙂 But I was just weary after about the 5th post asking me about the same thing when I had explained the situation a few times. Therefore, it seemed my word wasn’t being taken when it kept going. 

I am not sure if I explained this part adequately above, I think it was on the splash pages about selecting rooms. But it was a year ago so I am guessing just where it was. But at the time I emailed the concierge I knew fairly well to inquire about it since the site said one thing and the reality was different. Actually, I also remember that while searching cruises sometimes on the page where you choose cabin type it would show “royal” under suites even at times the particular ship didn’t have that class (although there was a royal “suite”). Confusing! But the fonts/layout etc have been changed and I when I checked today also it no longer shows up that way. 

There had been a rumor that RCL was going to set suites up Sea/sky/royal fleet wide back around a year ago, but I haven’t heard a thing about it since (and said concierge did not know if/when it would happen).

Edited by 2Beeze

11 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I wasn’t referring to you , I am not sure what I wrote that made it seem so 🙂 But I was just weary after about the 5th post asking me about the same thing when I had explained the situation a few times. Therefore, it seemed my word wasn’t being taken when it kept going. 

I am not sure if I explained this part adequately above, I think it was on the splash pages about selecting rooms. But it was a year ago so I am guessing just where it was. But at the time I emailed the concierge I knew fairly well to inquire about it since the site said one thing and the reality was different. Actually, I also remember that while searching cruises sometimes on the page where you choose cabin type it would show “royal” under suites even at times the particular ship didn’t have that class (although there was a royal “suite”). Confusing! But the fonts/layout etc have been changed and I when I checked today also it no longer shows up that way. 

There had been a rumor that RCL was going to set suites up Sea/sky/royal fleet wide back around a year ago, but I haven’t heard a thing about it since (and said concierge did not know if/when it would happen).

Most people don’t read all the posts, yours included. They respond to that post or any post before they have read updates or corrections. It’s just the way CC works and generally, the poster only knows what the intent was. 

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Most people don’t read all the posts, yours included. They respond to that post or any post before they have read updates or corrections. It’s just the way CC works and generally, the poster only knows what the intent was. 

That can definitely be true! But the written word can convey something quite different than is meant and there was questioning that seems “doubtful.” But most importantly is that the last to pile on (or the last one that I saw via quoting) was a poster who seems to enjoy spending a great deal of time insulting and antagonizing me (which is what I could so clearly state that it did not refer to the post by “Mema”.

I really do appreciate your response  😊 Headed to the office now!

Edited by 2Beeze

5 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Does everyone in the cabin receive free internet (Grand Suite on Anthem)?

Each person booked in the stateroom receives a one-device package, so each person has their own access code.

• Like 1

Just catching up from being out of town. It's very disappointing that the Grand Suite on Freedom doesn't include internet. I agree that if you book a suite it shouldn't matter what ship your on.  I'm frustrated that my RC booking agent has ignored my email about this but thankful that you all have been helpful. 

• Like 1