Majesty of the seas moving to New Orleans in January

Not sure if I missed the announcement.

While looking on the Royal site, I see 7 Night Western Caribbean and Bahamas cruises. Staring Jan 11 2020

Empress is staying in Miami and doing 5-8 Night Western Caribbean and Bahamas cruises 

Edited by TwizzlersAddict
  • Thanks 1

Glad I get to sail on her before she leaves Florida. Maybe if she stays passed April 2020, I might have to sail on her again and visit New Orleans! 

Do you think she will move back to Florida after April or be done with RCCL? 

2 minutes ago, tybrkr17 said:

Do you think she will move back to Florida after April or be done with RCCL? 

I think it depends on the Cuba situation at the time they make this decision.

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

As Pullmantur just anounced exit of Zenith and plans for growth Majesty should go there from April 2020. Monarch goes to Europe and her spot for Caribbean cruises should be filled with Majesty.

Where is Zenith going?

3 hours ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

While looking on the Royal site, I see 7 Night Western Caribbean and Bahamas cruises. Staring Jan 11 2020

Empress is staying in Miami and doing 5-8 Night Western Caribbean and Bahamas cruises 

I haven't been looking ahead lately. Thanks for this post, I'd consider a 7 day , with hopefully at least 4 ports, on MJ if it hits a few ports, hopefully 1 new one. 

49 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Where is Zenith going?

Not known at this time. They just published that Zenith leaves in January 2020, cruises until April are canceled and cruises from April will be taken over by Monarch.

15 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Not known at this time. They just published that Zenith leaves in January 2020, cruises until April are canceled and cruises from April will be taken over by Monarch.

Well, at least it leaves a space for Majesty.

5 hours ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Got an e-mail today from RC. Available to book and has some good prices. No announcement on RC website.

According to a couple of blogs, this is relocation from the Cuba cruises.

Did they just refund everyone booked for Cuba in 2020 and start fresh here? 

6 minutes ago, bobbyandali said:

Got an e-mail today from RC. Available to book and has some good prices. No announcement on RC website.

According to a couple of blogs, this is relocation from the Cuba cruises.

Did they just refund everyone booked for Cuba in 2020 and start fresh here? 

The old schedule,  that had the Cuba cruises, only extended to  December, so these are brand new itineraries for both ships.

I found an article on line from Travel Agent Central indicating that the Majesty would stay in New Orleans year round.  Itineraries/booking now available through April, 2020.  Sailings for May 2020 through April, 2021 are supposed to open the week of July 22.  Let's hope that this is accurate--I'd love to have  RC ship here all year!

5 hours ago, clan said:

I found an article on line from Travel Agent Central indicating that the Majesty would stay in New Orleans year round.  Itineraries/booking now available through April, 2020.  Sailings for May 2020 through April, 2021 are supposed to open the week of July 22.  Let's hope that this is accurate--I'd love to have  RC ship here all year!

I saw this too and as a fellow NOLA resident, I'm stoked!

yet our local media hasn't said a single thing about it that I can find. 

On 7/9/2019 at 2:39 PM, TwizzlersAddict said:

The old schedule,  that had the Cuba cruises, only extended to  December, so these are brand new itineraries for both ships.

No, I had a January 2020 Cuba cruise booked.  They cancelled the booking and issued me a FCC.  I took a while for

them to get to the 2020 bookings since they repriced all of the 2019 sailings first. 

45 minutes ago, CAT GIRL said:

No, I had a January 2020 Cuba cruise booked.  They cancelled the booking and issued me a FCC.  I took a while for

them to get to the 2020 bookings since they repriced all of the 2019 sailings first. 

Thanks for that, guess I never looked at the Cuba MJ and EM bookings for 2020.

Hope you were able to find a nice replacement cruise. 

Well if the levy breaks which seems a recent concern...They'll be lots of water for her to sail through.

I would love to sail out of and visit NOLA but was always hoping to do it on a bit larger ship than Majesty.