what would you have done?

cthrn27

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but even if someone has the absolute worst medical condition on the planet that can only be dealt with through the use of any smoked substance if we smell it we'll likely report it because of our own health conditions that could be adversely impacted by the smoke simply because the cabins are a smoke free zone. The fact that the smoked substance may also be illegal doesn't really affect that (in other words if you were smoking an illegal substance in one of the authorized smoking areas I wouldn't say anything, it's only if the smoking is taking place in an unauthorized area).

In reality any studies done on the possible benefits is meaningless as I am sure you know The Feds have marijuana  listed as a class one drug....That listing forbids any meaningful federal acknowledged testing.

But really there is no sense trying to discuss something with someone who obviously has an agenda... your long winded diatribe pretty much proves that.....

The fact is back in the day the only option was to smoke it....Now there are a hundred different ways to use it without anyone being the wiser...You can make your own gel caps for crying out loud.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

This thread is getting WAY off topic. You are not going to change Carnival’s rules about smoking on the ship.

I never heard one person suggest Carnival is going to change federal law. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coevan said:

I never heard one person suggest Carnival is going to change federal law. 

Well that would be silly but Carnival rules or Carnival following federal law doesn’t matter. Some people just seem to think they are above it. I’m special, therefore............

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, coevan said:

For many, many years smoking was allowed on the balcony, millions of cruisers, a ship has never burned down over a cigarette. Gheez I rode a bike for 30 years before helmets were widely used, fortunately my head is still intact. I'm more of a live and let live kind of guy. 

Wasnt there a fire on a princess ship due to cigarette smoking? 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, Chervil said:

How long do you think it will be until the Federal Law is changed, though?
If all 50 states made it legal, you can bet there would either be enough pressure on elected officials to change it, or some politician will make it their banner and push for the change on a federal level.

(To be clear, I do not smoke or vape anything. So I am unaffected by the legal status.)

I am just happy smoking anything is confined to a few spots on the ship, instead of allowed over the whole ship and in cabins.

I seriously doubt that all 50 states will ever make it legal.  There are a lot of people out there who are not cool with it.  I have known quite a few serious pot smokers and I am sorry to report that you really do stop making sense or being able to function coherently after smoking for many years. Totally different from alcohol.

5 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

I seriously doubt that all 50 states will ever make it legal.  There are a lot of people out there who are not cool with it.  I have known quite a few serious pot smokers and I am sorry to report that you really do stop making sense or being able to function coherently after smoking for many years. Totally different from alcohol.

Couldnt be further from the truth. This is just a "feel good" statement. Lets see, there are thousands of Dr.'s,lawyers,and ceos..etc.. that been smoking for years, But they stopped making sense, and cant function coherently?  LOL  Not true at all. 

3 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Couldnt be further from the truth. This is just a "feel good" statement. Lets see, there are thousands of Dr.'s,lawyers,and ceos..etc.. that been smoking for years, But they stopped making sense, and cant function coherently?  LOL  Not true at all. 

Seriously, Lawyers?? I buy MDs and CEOs as part of the argument But Lawyers??? Just joking around, Have a good day.

Edited by MEUB1112

12 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

I am sorry to report that you really do stop making sense or being able to function coherently after smoking for many years.

you are clueless, totally different from alcohol is very true, you don't die from pot