Up-sell Call

Darwal

1 minute ago, LPYRCRUISER said:

How many people in the cabin?  We upgraded once, when we traveled with 2 grandkids.  having the extra room in a suite was heaven.  I might not upgrade for only 2.

Its four of us, 2 teen girls.  We did extended balcony last time and surprising we had plenty of space....but we are not heavy packers.

I looked at this option months ago when booking and it was around $800 more at that time.  

10 minutes ago, Darwal said:

4 days before we leave on the Pride I get the call.   Upgrade from extended balcony mid deck 7 to ocean suite mid deck 6 for $400.  Thoughts?

Well, think about it:

An ocean suite is only 45sq feet bigger than a premium balcony (the balconies, are the same size). Is that a dealbreaker for you?
An ocean suite has a bathtub and a double sink? Is that a dealbreaker for you?

An ocean suite comes with upgraded amenities and perks, like priority boarding. Is that a dealbreaker for you?

$400 total is a pretty substantial amount for those upgrades, however, if they are of benefit and budget, go ahead and take it!

6 minutes ago, Darwal said:

Its four of us, 2 teen girls.  We did extended balcony last time and surprising we had plenty of space....but we are not heavy packers.

If that is the case, I would choose the Ocean Suite. You get double sinks (easy for two to wash their hands, obviously), and someone could get dressed in the foyer-vestibule-thingy while another gets dressed in the main cabin area. Priority boarding means your girls have more time to check out the teens club, get some delicious food, or swim in the pools! $100 per person is not bad, but as I've mentioned in the post above:

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

if they are of benefit and budget, go ahead and take it!

In addition to what they said, remember that if you don't have FTTF, you get Priority Boarding as well as priority for disembarking and tenders while in ports!
We had a suite for the first time on our last cruise and LOVED it!

With 2 teenage girls the extra counter space in the bathroom will be fantastic (we just had the one adult daughter with us and it was still nice to have!)

For only $100 each? I'd pull the trigger!

Edited by Chervil

58 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Well, think about it:

An ocean suite is only 45sq feet bigger than a premium balcony (the balconies, are the same size). Is that a dealbreaker for you?
An ocean suite has a bathtub and a double sink? Is that a dealbreaker for you?

An ocean suite comes with upgraded amenities and perks, like priority boarding. Is that a dealbreaker for you?

$400 total is a pretty substantial amount for those upgrades, however, if they are of benefit and budget, go ahead and take it!

This isn't quite correct.  On the Pride:

An extended balcony cabin (what the OP has) is 185sqft and the balcony is 60sqft.

An Ocean Suite cabin is 275sqft and the balcony is 85sqft.

A quick mock booking puts the price delta around $950 between an extended balcony and an Ocean Suite.  For $400, I'd jump on it with a traveling party of four.

Edited by StolidCruiser
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

This isn't quite correct.  On the Pride:

An extended balcony cabin (what the OP has) is 185sqft and the balcony is 60sqft.

An Ocean Suite cabin is 275sqft and the balcony is 85sqft.

Oh. I used www.cruisemapper.com for my information: https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Carnival-Pride-655. Here it says the balcony size is 85sq feet. 

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh. I used www.cruisemapper.com for my information: https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Carnival-Pride-655. Here it says the balcony size is 85sq feet. 

The OP does not currently have a premium balcony (which does have an 85sqft balcony).  They have an extended balcony (which has a 60 sqft balcony).

Just now, StolidCruiser said:

The OP does not currently have a premium balcony (which does have an 85sqft balcony).  They have an extended balcony (which has a 60 sqft balcony).

Wow! I completely misread! Thanks for clarifying!

Thanks everyone for the input.  I called and took the offer.  I did not ask the other 3 as I want to surprise them....hopefully they will be happy 😁

Now to hide the luggage tags until we are about to board.  Luckily I handle all the boarding passes so they will not notice the cabin change.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darwal said:

Thanks everyone for the input.  I called and took the offer.  I did not ask the other 3 as I want to surprise them....hopefully they will be happy 😁

Now to hide the luggage tags until we are about to board.  Luckily I handle all the boarding passes so they will not notice the cabin change.

We did it this same way once for my MIL. So fun! Congrats!!

13 minutes ago, Darwal said:

Hopefully they don’t read cruise critic.

A friend of mine’s Disney surprise wasn’t a surprise because her 12 yo son was an avid reader of a Disney board.

45 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

Hopefully they don’t read cruise critic.

A friend of mine’s Disney surprise wasn’t a surprise because her 12 yo son was an avid reader of a Disney board.

haha, lucky for me they are not on here 😁

We got an upgrade call for our Alaskan cruise back in May. We went from an inside to one of the premium balcony cabins for $600 for a family of 4. We thought it was an awesome upgrade and took it. They called us on the Thursday before we left on Monday. 

• Like 1