Pre Paid Gratuities

denmarks

7 minutes ago, denmarks said:

I prepaid my gratuities at the lower rate. What will show up in my on board statement? Will it show the new daily rate and credit the total or just the lower rate I paid?

If you prepaid, you're fine. Should not show up on your stateroom account, as you paid prior to your sailing 

I have prepaid gratuities before when Princess was increasing the amount.  Nothing showed up on our folio, not a credit for the prepaid gratuities nor the gratuities themselves.  So watch your folio the second day to see if gratuities show up (they add them every day).  It is similar to when they include gratuities in a sale, they just do not show up on your folio.  

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Nothing should show on your on board account. 

Did they just raise again recently or was this from a year or so ago?

It was at the end of May of this year (2019). $1 per day in each category.

2 hours ago, richmke said:

I prepaid when they raised the rates (May?). When we took the cruise in June, nothing showed up on the on-board statement (one way or the other).

Thanks. It was a $30 savings but I had to pay in advance. That gave me extra credit to use on the ship.

Princess used to post the gratuities credit and then debit the daily rates.  IDK when, but they stopped doing that and when we have prepaid grats in two cruises this year, never saw a posting.  In the past, Princess made up the difference between current rate and pre-paid as I recall.  We were not asked about the additional $1.  I would have paid it.