When are rooms ready for suites?

Bollycats

I've been reading through the posts here about boarding times. From what I understand the order of embarking is:

Wedding parties

Diamond and Platinum

Suites

FTTF

I don't care about wedding parties, but I read that Diamond/Platinum guests and FTTF have their cabins available as soon as they board. But I haven't heard that about suites. Do suite guests have to wait until 1:30PM to enter their cabins? Some of those suites are a lot of money and I would think they'd be ready  early too. If it matters, I'm asking about the Ecstasy. Almost time to pick my boarding time and I don't want too early in case I have to carry my luggage around. I really just want to drop bags off, couldn't care less about using my cabin early as we go to lunch and check out the ship and get to the cabin much later.

Thanks!

Good day! 

Suites are ready at 1:30 with the rest of the rooms. I found that out the hard way a few years ago. I guess I just assumed that they would be ready upon boarding, but alas, I was mistaken. 

Cheers! 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:07 PM, Bollycats said:

I've been reading through the posts here about boarding times. From what I understand the order of embarking is:

Wedding parties

Diamond and Platinum

Suites

FTTF

I don't care about wedding parties, but I read that Diamond/Platinum guests and FTTF have their cabins available as soon as they board. But I haven't heard that about suites. Do suite guests have to wait until 1:30PM to enter their cabins? Some of those suites are a lot of money and I would think they'd be ready  early too. If it matters, I'm asking about the Ecstasy. Almost time to pick my boarding time and I don't want too early in case I have to carry my luggage around. I really just want to drop bags off, couldn't care less about using my cabin early as we go to lunch and check out the ship and get to the cabin much later.

Thanks!

Just FYI. You cannot pick your boarding time. You can only choose your check-in time at the cruise terminal. So, if you don't want to carry your luggage around waiting for your cabin to be available, choose a later check-in time, like 12:00 - 12:30, or 12:30 - 1:00.  By that time, there won't be any long line for boarding, so you'll be able to check in and board right away, and won't have too long to wait to drop off your carry - on items. 

I have only been on one cruise.  I got FTTF.  The doors to the rooms where locked and a huge note telling me rooms wouldn't be ready until 1:30.  Should I have pushed harder on the door to get to my room?  I didn't try very hard since the sign was up.  I felt like I was doing something wrong.

7 minutes ago, TG6 said:

I have only been on one cruise.  I got FTTF.  The doors to the rooms where locked and a huge note telling me rooms wouldn't be ready until 1:30.  Should I have pushed harder on the door to get to my room?  I didn't try very hard since the sign was up.  I felt like I was doing something wrong.

There should have been a sign stating that Diamond/Platinums and FTTF can go on through.  Yes, you should have pushed harder on the door.  You paid for this.  This is stated in FAQs regarding FTTF.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

There should have been a sign stating that Diamond/Platinums and FTTF can go on through.  Yes, you should have pushed harder on the door.  You paid for this.  This is stated in FAQs regarding FTTF.

I will do that next time.  Luckily I got use out of the FTTF with the tender boats. 😉

3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

They don’t have the sign you mentioned any more. The only sign they have is the one previously mentioned about rooms not being available until 1:30 PM. I actually talked to a hotel director about this at a Diamond special event last year. He said the signs are the way they are now to keep people from entering the hallways/cabins early.  He also said most people with priority know they can enter early despite the current signs being used.

Unfortunately there is the possibility of someone new to Carnival who has FTTF not knowing they can disregard the sign,  like a poster mentioned in this thread. 

5 minutes ago, TG6 said:

Yes, open door and find your room. The sign used to say except for fttf, diamond, platinum etc but I would guess that just gave people the idea to open it and go thru and try to pretend they had that privilege.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

They don’t have the sign you mentioned any more. The only sign they have is the one previously mentioned about rooms not being available until 1:30 PM. I actually talked to a hotel director about this at a Diamond special event last year. He said the signs are the way they are now to keep people from entering the hallways/cabins early.  He also said most people with priority know they can enter early despite the current signs being used.

Unfortunately there is the possibility of someone new to Carnival who has FTTF not knowing they can disregard the sign,  like a poster mentioned in this thread. 

Wow. Thanks for info.  It's been a couple of years since i had FTTF.

2 hours ago, Bollycats said:

Thanks everyone, I guess we will be carrying our bags around all morning. Suite passengers are treated much better on other cruise lines.

True.  But we pay more for those Suites on other lines.  I book Suites on Carnival and buy FTTF to go with them - kinda like buying myself a little "suite perks" package.  That way, I have instant access to my Suite, my luggage is priority, and I have access to the VIP GS line, etc.

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

True.  But we pay more for those Suites on other lines.  I book Suites on Carnival and buy FTTF to go with them - kinda like buying myself a little "suite perks" package.  That way, I have instant access to my Suite, my luggage is priority, and I have access to the VIP GS line, etc.

I agree, but I'm not spending $80 just to drop my bags after spending so much on the suite itself. We don't have any use for the other FTTF perks. 

• Like 1