Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
zitsky

Do shows repeat?

Recommended Posts

Do shows repeat?  Day1... Day3... etc?  And is it just one show a night or more than one?  Another thread suggested 7:30 and 9:30?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do shows repeat?  Day1... Day3... etc?  And is it just one show a night or more than one?  Another thread suggested 7:30 and 9:30?

The popular shows like Abba and The Beatles yes but others no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Haworth said:

The popular shows like Abba and The Beatles yes but others no.

 

And only if your cruise is longer than 7-nights.

 

Two shows per night is a rare occurrence in my experience. Usually the show is at 9:15 and runs for 45 minutes.

Edited by Peregrina651

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Do shows repeat?  Day1... Day3... etc?  And is it just one show a night or more than one?  Another thread suggested 7:30 and 9:30?

 

Our Caribbean cruise had 2 entertainment shows per night 6:15 and 9:15 and the others (Europe and Homeland) only the 9:15 one.

there was only one evening for a specific show like ABBA.  No repeats.

 

what we hope Viking does though is begin to put some new material in, as we have future cruises booked.  There must be about 4 acts/shows that are on every cruise and now we re tired of those ...

but it gives aid a free evening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Our Caribbean cruise had 2 entertainment shows per night 6:15 and 9:15 and the others (Europe and Homeland) only the 9:15 one.

 

Okay. I have only sailed with Viking in Europe so that would explain why I can report only one show per night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

 

Okay. I have only sailed with Viking in Europe so that would explain why I can report only one show per night.

You know, Peregrina, we wondered if it was perhaps more the time of year and time of sunset.  It got dark around 5 each night on our winter Viking Sea Caribbean cruise.  So maybe they felt once it was dark people would like entertainment and then dinner.  Must admit it was odd have every dinner when dark outside!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  We can try to move dinner earlier if there is a good show.  Best to try a change at the World Cafe or should we go early and try to get in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  We can try to move dinner earlier if there is a good show.  Best to try a change at the World Cafe or should we go early and try to get in?

If we are not in a specialty restaurant we always eat in the World cafe, have had one evening meal in the MDR, we prefer to pick our own bits and pieces to eat and enjoy at a pace that suits our plans for the evening and a few glasses of wine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

34 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  We can try to move dinner earlier if there is a good show.  Best to try a change at the World Cafe or should we go early and try to get in?

 

IMHO, try to change when you board,  just as soon as the reservation desk opens in the WC. If that doesn't work, find someone manning the reservation desk at Manfredi's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On our just-completed (July 14-28) British Isles cruise, we were surprised that some shows were on at 6:30 and repeated at 9:15, like ABBA and the Beatles Songbook.  Same show, different foursome as on our last cruise. One other repeat was "Decades"-popular songs from the 50's, 60's, and 70's by the same 4 vocalists.  Otherwise, the main show was on at 9:15 (and ended at 10:00).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  We can try to move dinner earlier if there is a good show.  Best to try a change at the World Cafe or should we go early and try to get in?

We found it was tough to get an early dinner reservation.  Seems everyone wants to begin their dinner meal between 6 and 7.  We never had luck just showing up early to get seated.  Late worked but not early.  Once on board try to change your reservation at desk by World Cafe and, if that doesnt work, at Manfredi's when they open for dinner.  Is your birthday listed on your booking papers?  We will have a wedding anniversary on during our next cruise.  I told our booking agent and i see it noted in a line on our Guest Invoice papers.

 

When is your cruise and to where? I see you on CC asking many questions and posting a lot.  You remind me of myself prior to our very first cruise with Viking trying to find out everything and making it all perfect..  You are gonna love it.  Tranquilla!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm going to Mediterranean Odyssey.  New to ocean so yes many questions.  I try to search first.

 

I hope it's possible to get into the MDR at a decent time 6 or 6.30??

Edited by zitsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm going to Mediterranean Odyssey.  New to ocean so yes many questions.  I try to search first.

 

I hope it's possible to get into the MDR at a decent time 6 or 6.30??

 

Every cruise is different re: times the restaurants are busy.  We have had one where, like Tanya, the early ones were popular.  Our last cruise Barcelona to Copenhagen, the hours 6 to 7 were open all the time and we would walk up eating standby with no problem.  

So it is definitely cruise specific. Besides the passenger make up I think the time of sunset matters.  The early the sun went down the earlier people wanted to eat and the later the sunset people seemed to want to eat later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I'm going to Mediterranean Odyssey.  New to ocean so yes many questions.  I try to search first.

 

I hope it's possible to get into the MDR at a decent time 6 or 6.30??

Mdr is open seating.. never a line to get in..although I did see a line after a lecture/port talk get out and it seemed like the whole theater emptied in the MDR..there  was a line so Viking handed out champagne for those that had to wait a few minutes..

🥂🥂

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geffric said:

Mdr is open seating.. never a line to get in..although I did see a line after a lecture/port talk get out and it seemed like the whole theater emptied in the MDR..there  was a line so Viking handed out champagne for those that had to wait a few minutes..

🥂🥂

 

 

 

 

Never say , "Never"!!

 

One cruise we were on, maybe our first NYE in the Med cruise,  looked like folks were lining up for the early bird special. By 6pm the line was out the door. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

 

Never say , "Never"!!

 

One cruise we were on, maybe our first NYE in the Med cruise,  looked like folks were lining up for the early bird special. By 6pm the line was out the door. 

 

 

 

But did you get Champagne? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, geffric said:

But did you get Champagne? 

 

I don't know. I wasn't standing in the line. We went off and did something else for an hour and came back after the hangry mob had been feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve never had to wait more than a minute or two at the MDR but I look forward to that night when there is a line and champagne ! 🍸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the Baltic Sea cruise in May 2018.  Am I reading correctly that they are still doing the same shows of Beatles and Abba?  We leave on another cruise in Sept. and hoping it's not the same show 1 1/2 years later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cvgrammy said:

We did the Baltic Sea cruise in May 2018.  Am I reading correctly that they are still doing the same shows of Beatles and Abba?  We leave on another cruise in Sept. and hoping it's not the same show 1 1/2 years later!

 

Expect to see some of the same shows and some that are new to the line-up or local talent for your itinerary only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the schedule for the entire cruise available on the TV when you board... or just day by day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show times were our one disappointment on Star last Nov.  There was just one show nightly at 9:15.  Everyone wanted to attend but theater simply too small.  Always a large line waiting for doors to open.  Every night hotel director Leitner would personally carry in extra chairs and benches.  Still lots of folks standing in rear or outside in corridor.  Never understood why they didn't perform shows twice nightly like other lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Show times were our one disappointment on Star last Nov.  There was just one show nightly at 9:15.  Everyone wanted to attend but theater simply too small.  Always a large line waiting for doors to open.  Every night hotel director Leitner would personally carry in extra chairs and benches.  Still lots of folks standing in rear or outside in corridor.  Never understood why they didn't perform shows twice nightly like other lines.

 

That's disappointing.  I know my husband won't like it.  But we can listen to music instead at Torhavn.

 

We need a Cruise Critic red carpet and a secret handshake to get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...