ALL 4 PERKS PROMO IS BACK !

Pier290

Related to my previous post (#79), would a repricing of an existing booking normally mean that I receive a totally new reservation# and stateroom, and that Cruise Planner purchases etc. are removed and must be made from new, or would I keep my existing booking, ie. keep stateroom assignment and CP purchases? I have used a bit of my existing 300$ perk OBC on a CP purchase, would this make trouble with repricing in any way?

I'm inclined to go for the 135$pp upgrade for our stateroom, but not if it means that everything is "reset", especially since we got a good deal on an excursion in CP on our existing booking, which I'd be very unhappy to have to re-book on an eventual new reservation#.

Edited by mikkelhansen

5 hours ago, zook50 said:

I too am very happy for all the others who have gotten a great deal out of this sale.  I just wish it was more consistent for all customers, but trying not to dwell on it and instead, focus on a great upcoming trip!

Best of luck in your quest for a deal - let us know what happens!

I don't think it is necessarily inconsistent.  The fact that some people are getting a deal and others are not is more likely down to the differences in their original bookings, which could have a myriad of variables.  Celebrity will only be offering a deal for their benefit, not ours - to boost numbers on cruises/in cabin categories that are not selling as well as they'd like.

To save potential disappointment and frustration, people should do a little research before contacting Celebrity or their TA.  It's easy enough to check prices online, see how they compare with your current deal.  If the deal should work for you, then you can make that contact armed with the information to back up your request.  

9 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Absolutely check. I re-priced my cruise on the weekend, added the two extra perks ( we had 2) and received confirmation by email, all good. Confirmation was bunch of code words, didn’t look too closely. But when I looked up my reservation online, tonight, it said Classic drink package. Quick call to customer service and it was fixed ( with no explaination as to why it wasn’t upgraded the first time) . So now I have a print out as well.

Always good to check. 

Were you able to see your drinks package through your Celebrity account?  If so, where is it located?

4 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Related to my previous post (#79), would a repricing of an existing booking normally mean that I receive a totally new reservation# and stateroom, and that Cruise Planner purchases etc. are removed and must be made from new, or would I keep my existing booking, ie. keep stateroom assignment and CP purchases? I have used a bit of my existing 300$ perk OBC on a CP purchase, would this make trouble with repricing in any way?

I'm inclined to go for the 135$pp upgrade for our stateroom, but not if it means that everything is "reset", especially since we got a good deal on an excursion in CP on our existing booking, which I'd be very unhappy to have to re-book on an eventual new reservation#.

You should keep your original booking number. It will just have a new revision number. As you are just repricing your stateroom should also stay as is. Since you did not reduce or drop your OBC in repricing your CP bookings likely will remain intact. You should confirm this all with your TA.

24 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Were you able to see your drinks package through your Celebrity account?  If so, where is it located?

Yes, through CRUISE PLANNER.

Just click on ORDER HISTORY. Even though I didn’t techniqually “order it”, that’s where I found it, along with my booked dining and shore excursions.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Everything  stays the same. Just a price drop, if applicable, and additional perks added. I had excursions booked with Stateroom credit, and dining times booked. Everything stayed the same. The booking details on your reservations will change in name though.  (Different wording) Good luck! 

31 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Yes, through CRUISE PLANNER.

Just click on ORDER HISTORY. Even though I didn’t techniqually “order it”, that’s where I found it, along with my booked dining and shore excursions.

Hope that helps!

Huh, it doesn't show on ours, only shows the excursion we booked.  Wish I would have known about looking there before our last cruise, just to see if it had shown up then.   I always print out my confirmation that shows our inclusions and take it with us just in case (although who knows if X would honor something sent by a TA).

Several people have posted that they have saved a lot in this sale and that others who haven't can avoid frustration by doing their "homework" or "research" and perhaps realizing that their original booking may not allow them to take advantage of the sale on "perks".  Please give most of us more credit than that.  Some of us have been cruising and negotiating cruise pricing for many years and always do a very thorough check before we contact our TA and/or Celebrity.  That is precisely why we contacted them - because we have looked carefully at our initial price, inclusions (or lack of), compared it to others in a similar situation, and then pursued the offer.

Again, when some receive a fantastic offer of savings and others don't (even when initial costs/plans are the same and allowing for currency differences), of course that's frustrating!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bkbarrym said:

You should keep your original booking number. It will just have a new revision number.

1 hour ago, son3cruisers said:

Everything  stays the same. Just a price drop, if applicable, and additional perks added.

Thanks both, that's what I thought as well!

26 minutes ago, zook50 said:

Several people have posted that they have saved a lot in this sale and that others who haven't can avoid frustration by doing their "homework" or "research" and perhaps realizing that their original booking may not allow them to take advantage of the sale on "perks".  Please give most of us more credit than that.  Some of us have been cruising and negotiating cruise pricing for many years and always do a very thorough check before we contact our TA and/or Celebrity.  That is precisely why we contacted them - because we have looked carefully at our initial price, inclusions (or lack of), compared it to others in a similar situation, and then pursued the offer.

Again, when some receive a fantastic offer of savings and others don't (even when initial costs/plans are the same and allowing for currency differences), of course that's frustrating!

We've all experienced this at one time of another, especially reading about deals on these threads that don't apply to us. 

Most times it's just plain luck...and doesn't seem fair at all...

Recently traveled with friends from a different state who received a wonderful "regional" discount, hundreds less that what we paid for same sailing/cabin type and as I was happy for them, couldn't help but be just a bit bitter.😩  Luckily they didn't throw it in our faces as we've all experienced when seated with the "wrong" people at dinner...those rare folks that dare to ask the ridiculously loaded question "So how much did you pay for your cruise?".   Arghhh....

So frustrating when deals don't work out for you no matter what...but hang in there, your time will come.  😊

Edited by red919
  • Like 2

Thanks for that!  We, too, have had great deals in the past (and some not so great ones😀), but we always end up enjoying the cruises.  I am super happy for everyone getting a good deal on this sale; it's encouraging to see that Celebrity is giving many loyal cruisers a break!  I get a little bugged by a few posters insisting that it's because we're not seeing the "big picture":  currency differences, sailing/cabin differences, etc.  As you said, we're all aware of these factors and deals sometimes still don't work out.

Hope you're cruising to some wonderful place soon.  Have fun!😎

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, red919 said:

We've all experienced this at one time of another, especially reading about deals on these threads that don't apply to us. 

Most times it's just plain luck...and doesn't seem fair at all...

Recently traveled with friends from a different state who received a wonderful "regional" discount, hundreds less that what we paid for same sailing/cabin type and as I was happy for them, couldn't help but be just a bit bitter.😩  Luckily they didn't throw it in our faces as we've all experienced when seated with the "wrong" people at dinner...those rare folks that dare to ask the ridiculously loaded question "So how much did you pay for your cruise?".   Arghhh....

So frustrating when deals don't work out for you no matter what...but hang in there, your time will come.  😊

Very nicely put. I agree. We sailed to Hawaii back in Dec. with Norwegian. It was a special anniversary cruise so we booked a year in advance and watched for price drops. We booked with a big box travel agent, and were going to receive a nice cash card upon return from our cruise. It was an expensive sailing. We continued to look for price drops.  None. Well, until about 2 months before sailing. Price drop was over $1900 Canadian. Family was also booked on this cruise with us as well. They booked directly with the cruise line. They not only received the price drop, ( and  this was after final payment) they were upgraded to a balcony from an inside. UPGRADED!!! Did I mention it was our 25th anniversary? 😂 We called several times to the big box travel agency , and continued to be told “ nothing we can do”, I would have to cancel and rebook, and pay the cancel fee. “ Even called Norwegian. Was told to call our travel agent. We weren’t even looking for money back ( it would have been nice), we just wanted to bid on an upgrade. They kept saying “ not available on your booking” even though rooms were showing available online. So, yeah. Frustrating. For sure.

Sometimes savings and upgrades works for your booking, and sometimes it doesn’t. Last cruise, big miss out. This one? A nice deal. 

Also, I won’t book with the big box agency again. I like being able to have control of my booking. 

• Like 4

On 8/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, Mapomp said:

Can anyone tell me the value of the internet package? I'm trying to price it out to see if it's a better deal for me to stick with what I have.  I know what the tips would be, and the upgrade to premium would be $10 pp pd plus the tip (15 or 20%?) which we plan to do any way.  The big ? is the internet, which we have never had, and I'm sure dh would love to be able to be in touch with his company and ailing mom.  Thanks in advance 🙂

I was checking on this before, just to get an idea...for 2 people, it would be in the neighborhood of $300 + for the unlimited internet...

FWIW:

Until yesterday, the deal was "refundable" deposit. I had 3 cruises booked trying to decide which to do. When I called to cancel they told me I was booked on the Nonrefundable deposit. Sure enough, when I looked at the invoices they sent me, it said Nonrefundable. I had the agent do a fake booking and the 4 perk deal came up as refundable. Eventually, a supervisor refunded my other 2 bookings, and today I see that it does indeed come up as Nonrefundable. Check your invoices if you booked this promo at a "refundable" fare prior to 8/7/19 and call to complain immediately! 

I chose to reprice my booking today on our December 1 sailing on Edge. Final payment is due on August 23, and plane tickets have already been booked, so the change to non-refundable deposit was totally fine with me.

Previous price (total for 2 persons): $2191,90 for a cat. 11 GTY deluxe inside with 300$ OBC and Classic Beverage Package, and additional 100$ OBC from the TA. We were upgraded to a specific cat. 10 deluxe inside within a few days, probably due to Captain's Club membership.

Current price (2 persons): $2461,90 with same stateroom as above, but now with 300$ OBC, Premium Beverage Package, prepaid gratuities, unlimited wifi and 125$ OBC from the TA.

If comparing to "list prices" of the new perks, we have received about 740$' worth for 270$. Absolutely worth it for us.

Since I was calling the TA anyway, I had our dining changed from late seating to Select - looking forward to try all four MDRs on Edge at our own pace!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zook50 said:

Best of luck in your quest for a deal - let us know what happens!

Hi zook50.  Just a quick update - my TA wrote back and basically we can get the four perks promo if we would "change our cruise fare to the prevailing rate."   In our case that happens to be several thousand more than the price we booked at, so thanks but no thanks, lol.  Oh well, no harm in asking (and like you, I do my research and keep an eye on pricing and crunch the numbers).  Happy sailing!  ☺️

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

Hi zook50.  Just a quick update - my TA wrote back and basically we can get the four perks promo if we would "change our cruise fare to the prevailing rate."   In our case that happens to be several thousand more than the price we booked at, so thanks but no thanks, lol.  Oh well, no harm in asking (and like you, I do my research and keep an eye on pricing and crunch the numbers).  Happy sailing!  ☺️

I'm not sure if your TA provides online pricing, but I'd be curious to check with a mock booking to see if that's the case.  My TA tried to tell me that the price had increased, but I went to their website, and it hadn't.  So now I am back to trying to get the perks from him.  I think he just doesn't want to be on hold with X's group booking department to change it for us.  Dumb on his part, because right now he's paying for our gratuities, and they'd be included with the new promo!

7 hours ago, zook50 said:

And inconsistent...

1 hour ago, Reel Love said:

At risk of being flamed,  I have to ask ... where is the inconsistency if everyone has to pay the prevailing rate to get the latest deal?  If anything, that shows Celebrity are being consistent.   

Reel Love - you did your research, presumably saw the prevailing rate for the deal and knew it was several thousand higher but still chose to ask.  As you say, no harm in asking, but the answer can't have come as much of a surprise.

What I haven't seen is anyone who says they've seen the prevailing rate with the '4 perks promo', were prepared to pay the difference and meet any associated conditions, and it was refused by Celebrity.

Hi Tigrou.  No flaming from me, lol.  Yes you are absolutely right..... the price was higher when I did my research and I do understand Celebrity's policy about new promos on new bookings and so was not surprised at the answer.  What I wasn't very clear about in my earlier post is that I was sure I had seen a comment (sorry, can't say off the top of my head where that post was) that someone asked Celebrity about "adding" the promo and they were told that if they went ahead and paid the full deposit (they had booked on a special $25 deposit promo) then they would be eligible for the new promo.  So since we had booked with a lower deposit promo rate as well (but not $25), I just thought I would ask my TA to look into it for us as that seemed like a pretty good deal. 

I am actually quite happy with the price we booked at initially or obviously would not have booked, but again never any harm in asking.  ☺️

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

I'm not sure if your TA provides online pricing, but I'd be curious to check with a mock booking to see if that's the case.  My TA tried to tell me that the price had increased, but I went to their website, and it hadn't.  So now I am back to trying to get the perks from him.  I think he just doesn't want to be on hold with X's group booking department to change it for us.  Dumb on his part, because right now he's paying for our gratuities, and they'd be included with the new promo!

Hi hiccups.  I think along the same lines as you do and actually did do a mock booking.  What surprised me was the price that Celebrity quoted my TA to avail myself of the 4 Perk Promo was actually much higher than my "brand new" mock booking on the website today with the promo would have cost me.  I have to admit, I can't always figure out X's pricing and how it works!!! 😉  Oh well, happy with my original price and will just be happy to be sailing!!! 

• Like 1