Inside cabin location on Empress?

If I book Empress, do I want to be forward or aft and why?

Which decks do I want to look at?

The cabins are small so I’d like to have good access to the public areas.

One one of the larger RCL ships I would typically be booking aft near the elevators because of the WJ, dining, and Viking Crown.

Carol...ya think maybe you posted this on the wrong board?? :classic_laugh:😉

Good question though...I was considering  booking one of next summer's cruises to Bermuda on the Empress. I miss the old Hamilton and St. George itineraries that the larger ships can't do. we used to do it every year on the Celebrity Zenith.

1 hour ago, 138east said:

If I book Empress, do I want to be forward or aft and why?

Which decks do I want to look at?

The cabins are small so I’d like to have good access to the public areas.

One one of the larger RCL ships I would typically be booking aft near the elevators because of the WJ, dining, and Viking Crown.

18 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Good question though...I was considering  booking one of next summer's cruises to Bermuda on the Empress. I miss the old Hamilton and St. George itineraries that the larger ships can't do. we used to do it every year on the Celebrity Zenith.

Carol:

I'm working from memory so I may be wring, but on the Empress the Windjammer is forward, the dining room and Viking Crown are aft...so maybe split the difference and go mid ship. The ship is so much smaller than the new builds that nothing is that long of a walk.

Yes I did post on the wrong board.  I did book for May and decided on a cabin right by the deck 7 forward elevators.  It is a small ship.  I walk miles on Anthem, so I don’t think it really matters.  The itinerary is 1 sea day, 2 days in St George, 2 days in Hamilton, and one sea day.  Already some folks I know have booked - it’s a “hot” cruise and the price is unbelievable.  If you’re at all interested, put down a refundable deposit and grab a cabin.

Make sure you're not over or under Boleros. I was over them on my cruise and I could understand the words of the songs in my stateroom.  I will say, the band was great!  But it was too loud in my stateroom.  Loved the Empress and am looking forward to sailing on her next year!

39 minutes ago, mrp4352 said:

Make sure you're not over or under Boleros. I was over them on my cruise and I could understand the words of the songs in my stateroom.  I will say, the band was great!  But it was too loud in my stateroom.  Loved the Empress and am looking forward to sailing on her next year!

Thanks.  I’m definitely not over or under or anywhere near Boleros!

On 8/3/2019 at 4:31 PM, 138east said:

Yes I did post on the wrong board.  I did book for May and decided on a cabin right by the deck 7 forward elevators.  It is a small ship.  I walk miles on Anthem, so I don’t think it really matters.  The itinerary is 1 sea day, 2 days in St George, 2 days in Hamilton, and one sea day.  Already some folks I know have booked - it’s a “hot” cruise and the price is unbelievable.  If you’re at all interested, put down a refundable deposit and grab a cabin.

Carol...we booked the August 17 sailing. My wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary fall in that week so who could ask for more than a small ship cruise to Hamilton and St. George, just like the good old days!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:18 PM, njhorseman said:

We  booked a Bermuda cruise on the Empress next August . We got an inside cabin really inexpensive.  The taxes were ridiculously high at $227 per person. For seven days a small inside cabin is easy to take. It will be really convenient to dock right on the main street. Easy walk to the bus station and taxis available.

Edited by bananawindnj

46 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Carol...we booked the August 17 sailing. My wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary fall in that week so who could ask for more than a small ship cruise to Hamilton and St. George, just like the good old days!

We booked on the 17th also. We are from Mount Laurel in South Jersey. How about you guys?

7 hours ago, bananawindnj said:

We  booked a Bermuda cruise on the Empress next August . We got an inside cabin really inexpensive.  The taxes were ridiculously high at $227 per person. For seven days a small inside cabin is easy to take. It will be really convenient to dock right on the main street. Easy walk to the bus station and taxis available.

6 hours ago, bananawindnj said:

We booked on the 17th also. We are from Mount Laurel in South Jersey. How about you guys?

We've been regular visitors to Bermuda for more than 30 years, so were pretty familiar with the lay of the land. 😉

We live in Central NJ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, mrp4352 said:

I was over Bolero's on my Symphony cruise last month.  I thought as long as I wasn't under it I'd be fine.  Wrong!  Very loud, and they had a couple of Latin dance parties that didn't end until past 1 am.  Never again.

We had an inside near the very front on deck 8 I think as there’s a public front deck right there.  We could really only use it in port but it helped take the place of a balcony.  It was quick to check weather etc.  On a side note I would not book a forward outside in the front as we could see into people’s cabins.  Oh I remember the bed was facing forward so you would not rock side to side but head up, head down.  LOL Might want to watch for that when you book. She’s not as stable as some of the bigger ships.

We are thinking of booking her again.  I’m debating on those small cabins with not even a chair. DH hates sitting on beds all the time.   However our last cruise on her was great.  And we spent 2 weeks this year on a river cruise aquarium room with no chair and he survived.  The cost on some of the empress cruises are awesome.  I don’t need the Oasis class personally to have a good time. We love going to smaller islands too.