When was $16.61 DSC effective

ddlb

I was just looking at my summary for my upcoming cruise and discovered the daily service charge was listed as $16.61 if i wanted to prepay. When did this go up from $14.99 per person per day for a balcony?

All the more reason to prepay at booking.   DSC can go up anytime but they never retroactively increase the DSC if it has already been paid.     Almost makes necessary to book several iffy cruises couple years in advance with the prepaid DSC (even before final payment) to ensure that we are not paying more.

2 hours ago, Hotspring said:

All the more reason to prepay at booking.   DSC can go up anytime but they never retroactively increase the DSC if it has already been paid.     Almost makes necessary to book several iffy cruises couple years in advance with the prepaid DSC (even before final payment) to ensure that we are not paying more.

You make a good point as I have discovered. But I’m really concerned since I did not read anything that they were going to up the DSC to $16.61.  Can anyone confirm that this is now the new daily service charge for a balcony. Thanks! Plus no one is posting this increase  on cruise critic. 

9 minutes ago, ddlb said:

You make a good point as I have discovered. But I’m really concerned since I did not read anything that they were going to up the DSC to $16.61.  Can anyone confirm that this is now the new daily service charge for a balcony. Thanks! Plus no one is posting this increase  on cruise critic. 

As you seem to have issues with the amount of the Daily Service Charge,why not simply go to guest services and request that they credit the discretionary charge back to your account

This is what the website says, no mention of $16.50

How much are the service charges?

For bookings made prior to April 1st, 2019, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

For all ships excluding Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive

• $17.50 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites;
    • $14.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive

• $23 USD per person per day for Suites;
    • $20 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2019 or for sailings April 1, 2019 and beyond whose service charges have not been prepaid:

For all ships excluding Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive

• $18 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites
    • $15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive

• $23.50 USD per person per day for Suites
    • $20.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Thanks everyone. I will call my TA Monday. I was just hoping I could get a response that confirmed this odd  figure showing up if I wanted to pre-pay the DSC on my account. As mentioned I went to the link provided above and it did not show $16.61 per day per person. My cruise is not until next month.  Bottom line it must be some sort of glitch only in my account which is really weird. 

47 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

When I click your link I do not get an answer to dsc, can't find it anywhere ob NCL

Works for me (and obviously the OP since they confirmed the $15 and duckey who copied / pasted it).......

Go old school with a pen & paper...... write down the link and the type it in your browser. You may have pop up windows blocked or another security policy preventing you from getting it. 

53 minutes ago, cottagers2000 said:

As you seem to have issues with the amount of the Daily Service Charge,why not simply go to guest services and request that they credit the discretionary charge back to your account

I didn't read that they had an issue with the charge.  I thought the OP was only asking because of the discrepancy between what is posted on NCL and what was on their summary. Did I miss something? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

I didn't read that they had an issue with the charge.  I thought the OP was only asking because of the discrepancy between what is posted on NCL and what was on their summary. Did I miss something? 

When someone is asking questions over different amounts, that to me constitutes an issue

1 hour ago, cottagers2000 said:

When someone is asking questions over different amounts, that to me constitutes an issue

or maybe just seeking clarification because everything (CC, NCL website, etc) indicates $15 and their paperwork states $16.61...... I'd ask the same question. 

So you interpret asking for clarification or having a question as having an issue....  then I guess every thread and poster on Cruise Critic have issues. 

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

Are you doing a Hawaiian cruise on the Jewel?

No - Alaska on Sept 2.  It's still showing $16.61 or $232.50 for 2.  Apparently I am the only one who is having this weird problem - figures....thanks!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, esm54687 said:

or maybe just seeking clarification because everything (CC, NCL website, etc) indicates $15 and their paperwork states $16.61...... I'd ask the same question. 

So you interpret asking for clarification or having a question as having an issue....  then I guess every thread and poster on Cruise Critic have issues. 

totally agree. I took it the way you did: just wanting to get a clarification, not a huge issue. I would probably do the same thing.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

totally agree. I took it the way you did: just wanting to get a clarification, not a huge issue. I would probably do the same thing.  

You are agreeing with a post but then admit there was an issue although not huge ????? Riddles ?????

23 hours ago, ddlb said:

No - Alaska on Sept 2.  It's still showing $16.61 or $232.50 for 2.  Apparently I am the only one who is having this weird problem - figures....thanks!

I'm sure your TA will get it straightened out for you ASAP. Have a wonderful cruise, love the Jewel class ships. 😉