Summit's Refurbishment in March 2019

DJLDRUMS

A couple of photos shows she really is looking great again. A couple of questions, were cabins given any sprucing up as well? I realize that deck 3 received new cabins #3115-3123.  Does anyone have anything both pro and con to pass along about your recent experience with this ship, crew, menu, daily and nightly activity and anything else. All comments appreciated.

Kartgv, a really good pictorial link you sent along, thanks. Here's another question for you and anyone else who's been on the Summit in any of the following Catagories after the renovations. Do Cats 2A, 2B ,2C, have the wooden chairs and boxes on their balconies ?  If so are the traditional lounge chairs an option to ask your cabin steward?  I didn't come across very much other than many Suite questions and photos.

I was in an inside on deck 9. Everything in the cabin was brand new including the tile, walls, and fixtures.  It looks great, I loved the new, fresh decor.  As far as food, I didn’t find the beef dishes that great. I liked the food from the ocean view cafe the best, especially the Indian and vegetarian sections. The omelette and salad areas were good too. Service was good in the dining room and around the ship. I loved the size of the ship. 

Edited by ymncruise

19 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

A couple of photos shows she really is looking great again. A couple of questions, were cabins given any sprucing up as well? I realize that deck 3 received new cabins #3115-3123.  Does anyone have anything both pro and con to pass along about your recent experience with this ship, crew, menu, daily and nightly activity and anything else. All comments appreciated.

Here is the absolute best room tour video I have seen so far. I hope you like it. It’s says Penthouse tour but she actually tours all of the suites. 

We had a balcony cabin on Summit last month. I really liked the new colour scheme and felt there was enough storage, and we were still able to get our suitcases under the bed. My only complaint was that the new closets come up a little short (ha) so my long dresses all pooled on the shelf. Certainly not a huge deal/end of the world, that just didn't happen in the old cabins. Really liked the new showers too - I will never miss the shower curtains, lol. Plenty of bathroom storage as well. I don't have a picture of the balcony but we had the traditional style lounge chairs that could recline, along with the usual small table. We were very happy with the cabin!

020.jpg

035.jpg

016.jpg

Room is laid out diff from EDGE...I guess we will  have to adjust  back to M Class layout for our Summit and Connie cruises.

The shower looks a bit tight...or is it  just the angle of the photo.?

Is that the only closet area or just the part for longer dresses? 

And is it part of the dorm like metal cabinet storage?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

We had a balcony cabin on Summit last month. I really liked the new colour scheme and felt there was enough storage, and we were still able to get our suitcases under the bed. My only complaint was that the new closets come up a little short (ha) so my long dresses all pooled on the shelf. Certainly not a huge deal/end of the world, that just didn't happen in the old cabins. Really liked the new showers too - I will never miss the shower curtains, lol. Plenty of bathroom storage as well. I don't have a picture of the balcony but we had the traditional style lounge chairs that could recline, along with the usual small table. We were very happy with the cabin!

SO glad to hear you had the traditional style lounge chairs on your balcony!!  I was getting worried after seeing those awful ones the suite had.  Thank you!

Just returned from Summit last week. She looks great and in most places like new. As everyone has mentioned, the stateroom are all renovated. I stayed in 6024 and everything looked new.

The whole placement of new staterooms on deck three in what was a portion of Tuscan Grill seem strange to me. It was like a scavenger hunt trying to find Tuscan Grill's entrance!

The only place that did not look like it was touched much was Cellar masters and Sushi on 5. The decor still looks like it did previously. 

Edited by nycruiser80

4 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

020.jpg

035.jpg

016.jpg

Thanks very much for providing your stateroom photos Ginnyfyr, They're terrific !  Especially where you said the balcony lounge were still being utilized. Which cabin is this, if you would? And thank you others who have contributed to replying to my post.

33 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks very much for providing your stateroom photos Ginnyfyr, They're terrific !  Especially where you said the balcony lounge were still being utilized. Which cabin is this, if you would? And thank you others who have contributed to replying to my post.

No problem at all! This was cabin 9027 on the port side. 

4 hours ago, kag19 said:

SO glad to hear you had the traditional style lounge chairs on your balcony!!  I was getting worried after seeing those awful ones the suite had.  Thank you!

You're welcome! We will be on Equinox next month in a suite and I'm really hoping they didn't mess with their balcony furniture since they weren't able to refurbish the suites. We were on Equinox in February and booked the same cabin for September in hopes of seeing the before and after, so we're already rather disappointed that the cabin won't look any different. If they swapped out the balcony furniture for the awful stuff I've seen in photos, I'll be extra disappointed! 

Thanks to everyone who provided photos and video links to how great looking the transformation on the Summit has now become.

I have another question that most Elite and Elite+ members should be able to answer that have sailed after the refurbishment. Where is the location of the Captains Club Lounge for the Elite and Elite+ members to be able to sit and have beverages and "pickies" from 5:00-8:00pm.

If, on a particular sailing and the Captains Club Lounge is full, do they use an overflow area or lounge similar to what Royal does on most of their ships? 

I know there's a daily three drink load on our sail cards, but would be interested in knowing if the Lounge is still available with the waitstaff as has been in past practice.

Thanks in advance to those who reply !

On 8/15/2019 at 8:16 PM, warmwinds said:

No, most balcony furniture looks normal except for the sky suites.  Those they saved the rock hard armless chairs for the pleasure of those paying more.

Yes I'm still shaking my head about that.

Hoping better chairs will be added, esp to the balcs on Connie Heard that  many of these  S2 balcs are small so maybe no room for anthing else?????

Edited by hcat

I don't think that's true...before the refurb no one complained about the balcony furniture.  I recall watching youtube videos of our very suite where they had "normal" chairs and "normal" recliners...  I just don't understand how they thought the rock hard armless wooden chairs and a sofa that got soggy every night from the rain were a good idea.

• 5 months later...
On 8/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks to everyone who provided photos and video links to how great looking the transformation on the Summit has now become.

I have another question that most Elite and Elite+ members should be able to answer that have sailed after the refurbishment. Where is the location of the Captains Club Lounge for the Elite and Elite+ members to be able to sit and have beverages and "pickies" from 5:00-8:00pm.

If, on a particular sailing and the Captains Club Lounge is full, do they use an overflow area or lounge similar to what Royal does on most of their ships? 

I know there's a daily three drink load on our sail cards, but would be interested in knowing if the Lounge is still available with the waitstaff as has been in past practice.

Thanks in advance to those who reply !

Sky Lounge, Deck 11. No drink limit. Can also get Elite Happy Hour drinks at most bars on the ship.

Edited by bkbarrym