Caribbean Princess

Fisherwoman

Thank you for the blog, very nice! I really liked the picture of the carved granite rock and especially the row boat with the flowers!  The picture of the food looked great!  Sad to here the didn't all taste of good.  The ship looks great too!  

In your blog photo of the specialty coffee part of the International Café, your caption says that since you are Elite level you got your specialty coffee for free.  Is this some new benefit?  I have been at the Elite level for some years now and I have always been charged for my specialty coffees.

2 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

In your blog photo of the specialty coffee part of the International Café, your caption says that since you are Elite level you got your specialty coffee for free.  Is this some new benefit?  I have been at the Elite level for some years now and I have always been charged for my specialty coffees.

Traded the mini bar for a coffee package?

9 hours ago, Fisherwoman said:

I'm on the CB right now and I've blogged this trip.  If you want to read my blog:

http://linfish69.blogspot.com/

One thing I forgot to post is the crew is awesome! 

As far as the lack of portions (vegetables) in the MDR you can always for a larger portion or additional items anytime.

I like the idea that they have scaled back plated portions as there was so much waste. 

Now if you want more just ask.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

I traded in my mini bar for the coffee card.  I got 15 free coffees although I wasn't that impressed with the coffee.  Starbucks it isn't.

I just got on the CB for the Canada/Greenland cruise. I’m very excited about this cruise, but was surprised that Princess no longer offers the Korbel champagne splits. The only champagne by the glass offered  now is Prosecco, and for $10 a glass.  Other champagnes are offered, but only by the bottle.

2 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

I just got on the CB for the Canada/Greenland cruise. I’m very excited about this cruise, but was surprised that Princess no longer offers the Korbel champagne splits. The only champagne by the glass offered  now is Prosecco, and for $10 a glass.  Other champagnes are offered, but only by the bottle.

Hope you post along the way.   Have been patiently waiting for the CB to leave port...sure is late. Listening to the chatter.  A bit ago it was mentioned about meeting two guests and wonder if they were going on the CB.  Now they are about to weigh anchor and get underway.  Have an awesome cruise.

Thanks!  I’ll post along the way. We were supposed to set sail at 7:00 p.m., but the captain announced that we would be delayed because additional time was needed to get provisions and luggage onboard.  At first we were to leave at 7:30 p.m., and then 8:30 p.m., but we didn’t sail until around 9:00 p.m. 

4 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Bon Voyage!

14 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks!  I’ll post along the way. We were supposed to set sail at 7:00 p.m., but the captain announced that we would be delayed because additional time was needed to get provisions and luggage onboard.  At first we were to leave at 7:30 p.m., and then 8:30 p.m., but we didn’t sail until around 9:00 p.m. 

The important thing is that you sailed.  (Actually it is kind of odd I sometimes think when we all use the terms "sail", "sailed", etc for ships that run on engines that burn fuel.  I guess it sounds more exotic or romantic than "making way").

Looking forward to reading your blog!  We've been to most of the ports on your itinerary, including Greenland, and we've been on the CB several times.  But we've never sailed from NYC, only arrived there from TAs.  Have a wonderful cruise!

19 hours ago, steelers36 said:

The important thing is that you sailed.  (Actually it is kind of odd I sometimes think when we all use the terms "sail", "sailed", etc for ships that run on engines that burn fuel.  I guess it sounds more exotic or romantic than "making way").

Very interesting. We’re at the champagne waterfall, and the captain just mentioned how much he enjoys sailing around the world with Princess!

• Like 1