Freen Mens sauna, steam room

MitchYngMuscleDad

9 minutes ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

Hi I am planning a cruise this spring (2020) and I wanted to know which Celebrity ships still have a free mens sauna or steam room? Thanks and much appreciated.

Mitch

Welcome to CC. So apparently a sauna/steam room is an important deciding factor for the cruise line you pick. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

I am sorry what are those ships?

M = Millennium Class (Millenium, Summit, Infinity and Constellation)

S = Solstice Class (Solstice, Equinox, Silhouette, Eclipse and Reflection)

Harris

Denver, CO

1 hour ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

• Thanks 1

I would check specifically by each  ship.  You can try the  cruise critic search feature I recall a recent thread that was  specific about one ship, I think????

We heard some of the nice large  saunas  with sea views in the women's locker rooms on S Class will no be  longer there or  will be much smaller after the reno. 

Have not checked yet...our next cruise is back  on EDGE...nothing free...need a thermal suite pass.

Edited by hcat

Silhoutte will be refurbished in Jan. 2020 and she may lose the free saunas in each locker room during that process. I believe all the S class will have their gym area redone to reduce the size of the locker rooms during their scheduled dry docks. 

It's really important to provide correct information for the different ship styles. The older style ships "M" class ships ARE having their saunas significantly reduced in size during the remodel - NOT the "S" class ships. The "M" class ships had the large window to the ocean. That is no longer after the remodel. There is NO CHANGE in the layout of the "S" class locker room/sauna. (It can't get much smaller!) These saunas are interior only, with no outside window. The newest ships - Edge and Apex DO NOT have a free sauna (I was very disappointed!). The sauna and steamroom on these two ships are co-ed and only accessable through the Spa for a fee. 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 10:59 PM, hcat said:

We heard some of the nice large  saunas  with sea views in the women's locker rooms on S Class will no be  longer there or  will be much smaller after the reno. 

Small correction: The saunas with a view in the locker rooms (men´s and women´s) were on M class, not S class.
And yes, they are smaller and without the view after refit. 

On 9/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, 39august said:

Silhoutte will be refurbished in Jan. 2020 and she may lose the free saunas in each locker room during that process. I believe all the S class will have their gym area redone to reduce the size of the locker rooms during their scheduled dry docks. 

Nope, the (tiny) saunas are still on S-class after refit. They can´t get any smaller...

On M-class the pretty large saunas with the view are reduced in size and now without the great view.

Edited by Miaminice

On 9/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, davekathy said:

Welcome to CC. So apparently a sauna/steam room is an important deciding factor for the cruise line you pick. 

Frankly, I find that a better factor than most of the other points discussed on CC. :-)

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Small correction: The saunas with a view in the locker rooms (men´s and women´s) were on M class, not S class.
And yes, they are smaller and without the view after refit. 

Sorry for not knowing which is which..that's why I thought a ship by ship inquiry would be best.  Have not been on S Class in awhile.  Too bad about the nice sea view ones on M Class...was looking forward to that on Summit... but now not an option. I think they were the best!

We will be heading  back to EDGE in Nov...We were in AQ Class last time....the  co ed sauna was very nice but  we are not AQ this  time so we won`t have access to  the Thermal Suite .Not planning to buy a pass.  

I  noticed OP inquired for almost all cruise lines...so guess that is a primary concern.

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

We will be heading  back to EDGE in Nov...We were in AQ Class last time....the  co ed sauna was very nice but  we are not AQ this  time so we won`t have access to  the Thermal Suite .Not planning to buy a pass.  

We will be on Edge in September and also decided not to book AQ because of the many MDR and restaurant choices (granted, also because of an insane price). On this cruise AQ would have been wasted on us because we would have dined in BLU maybe twice. We are planning to try most of the other restaurants - and BLU is the reason why we book AQ. 

20 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

We will be on Edge in September and also decided not to book AQ because of the many MDR and restaurant choices (granted, also because of an insane price). On this cruise AQ would have been wasted on us because we would have dined in BLU maybe twice. We are planning to try most of the other restaurants - and BLU is the reason why we book AQ. 

While we enjoyed AQ class and thermal suites area, on a 7 day cruise we could not really take advantage..esp on a new ship..so much to explore. Never used the Relaxation room or heated loungers and spent only half a day in the various treatment rooms. I did have 2 spa treatments that were excellent.

BLU had a less than desirable location..bad view/ shades closed.  We enjoyed the food and dining rm and wine  service but kitchen was slow ..very noisy atmosphere. Folks who dined later than we did had a better experience,, looking forward to the 4 mdrs in Nov.

Hope you post a review

Edited by hcat

Hi Mitch - since you are checking out different cruise lines, you might also look at the Special Interest Cruise catagory lower down on CruiseCritic. There is a section on Fitness, Spa & Sports with a couple of threads on the very question you are asking. Some very helpful posts there both on free saunas and which lines have the best options. Lots of updates as ships are reconfigured.