Email for dining request?

EmmasNana

Normally when I cruise with other people, we end up using the same TA so she/he links our rooms so we get the same table for the MDR. This time, one TA was better for me and I used another TA for the not so little grands and their parents. 

Can someone tell me whom I can email for dining requests? This will be for the Liberty OTS. I know I have done this before but can't seem to find that info any longer.

32 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You will need the booking numbers for everyone in order to link your dining reservations.

I usually give them full names, stateroom numbers, and booking numbers.  The people on board generally go by stateroom numbers.

I booked 1st, my son after, when deciding to join us in their own cabin.  When I called the general # was told had no authority without permission to seat us at same table for dinner.  Had names cabin #, etc.  Both dinner times the same.

I booked with whomever I 1st spoke with.  My son booked online.

Good grief feel already made a mistake cause what is a TA?  

6 minutes ago, justjill1 said:

I booked 1st, my son after, when deciding to join us in their own cabin.  When I called the general # was told had no authority without permission to seat us at same table for dinner.  Had names cabin #, etc.  Both dinner times the same.

Travel agent?

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Travel agent?

When calling to book a cruise a person picks up the phone.  Gives a name.  Is that a TA?  Or are you speaking about a store front agency?

Actually tho is info received from general call correct that need permission?  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, justjill1 said:

When calling to book a cruise a person picks up the phone.  Gives a name.  Is that a TA?  Or are you speaking about a store front agency?

Actually tho is info received from general call correct that need permission?  Thank you.

Anyone you use to book a cruise, other than Royal Caribbean.

40 minutes ago, justjill1 said:

I booked 1st, my son after, when deciding to join us in their own cabin.  When I called the general # was told had no authority without permission to seat us at same table for dinner.  Had names cabin #, etc.  Both dinner times the same. ...

It could be that you and your son do not have the same dining type.  If one group has traditional (fixed: early or late) and the other group has My Time (no fixed time), then they cannot be linked for dinner.  You must determine which type of dining each of you has, and one group has to change to whatever the other group has.  Then you can eat together.

1 hour ago, justjill1 said:

Since you are not the original poster who asked for help in the first post, I'm going to assume you are having a different issue that you want help with.

What is a TA. A TA is a Travel Agent. A Travel Agent is anyone who acts as a middleman between you and the cruise line. A TA gets paid by the cruise line via commission. If you called Royal directly to make your reservation, or you went to Royals website to make your reservation, then you did not use a TA. If you did use a TA, then all transactions regarding your cruise (like this dining thing) must be resolved thru your TA. They then contact Royal to make changes.

IF you used a TA, then you can call your TA and have them "Link" and "Link" is the magic word you must use, for them to understand that you all want to sit at the same table for dinner. That also assumes that both bookings are scheduled for a standard fixed time dining.

If any of you selected My Time Dining (Which means you go to dinner anytime that you want), then "Linking" the bookings won't work.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

I have also had the RCI phone reps tell other people, part of my group but in different staterooms, that their request to link reservation w/mine would not be done unless I also called in to give my permission. 

Same dining type, time, didn’t matter. Who knows, maybe some people have found themselves “stalked” by fellow cruisers and they want to make sure everyone is on the same page. 😉

2 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

I assume the email is fleetwide.  How responsive is this department?  I emailed special needs over a month ago and still haven't heard back.

For the most part, the rcldining@rccl.com email has been very responsive.  Only a couple of times have I not received a response within a few days.  I would not send them an email much in advance of 3 weeks prior to the cruise.  I think they have to put this aside for a while and this might be why it sometimes falls through the cracks.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

For the most part, the rcldining@rccl.com email has been very responsive.  Only a couple of times have I not received a response within a few days.  I would not send them an email much in advance of 3 weeks prior to the cruise.  I think they have to put this aside for a while and this might be why it sometimes falls through the cracks.

Thanks.   I read somewhere that emailing closer to sail date was definitely a better idea.  I wanted to email them ahead of time to ask about table location in the MDR.  I know most people do it the first day, but my mom is in a wheelchair, so getting her through the crowds and down there will be difficult.  Also, 1 out of 4 of us will be pushing her, and the other 2 will be juggling everyone's carry-ons.  I want to make sure we are put at a table that we can get to with the wheelchair without having to squeeze through the tables and chairs.

12 hours ago, justjill1 said:

You should be able to get the RC rep to link your two reservations. That would get you both at the same table. When I cruise with other folks, I also do like to do the email to the matre'd just to make sure. 

I booked my reservation for three rooms while on a ship. Later, I transferred my bookings to TA's (travel agents) in order to get some OBC (on board credit). The travel agents I used are on line not store front.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, dreamer976 said:

I have also had the RCI phone reps tell other people, part of my group but in different staterooms, that their request to link reservation w/mine would not be done unless I also called in to give my permission. 

Same dining type, time, didn’t matter. Who knows, maybe some people have found themselves “stalked” by fellow cruisers and they want to make sure everyone is on the same page. 😉

Of ALL of the terrible things that Royal did when "upgrading" their website, THIS is the one that irritates me the most.  That I can no longer just link all of us online like the good ole days and when I call to get us linked this is what I am told 😡

The next issue I have is that at least once per year my travel companions are from the UK (I am US) and half the time they tell me they cannot link US/UK bookings. The other half I get it done after about 5 calls. 

It is INSANE that it takes at minimum 2 calls from 2 different parties to different reps to get only 4 people to the same table.  But while I cannot get them linked to my dining reservations, I CAN get linked to their CREDIT card and give myself charging privileges!

To Klfrodo, thank you so very much.  When asking my questions did feel original poster was satisfied.  Am new to community and in future will not back seat drive.

Am glad that people like you are out there Klfrodo.  With lifestyle short cruises for the last 10 years have always been pleased with Royal and just called direct.  Thought TA meant travel agent but never see store fronts near us.  And when speaking with the toll free # a travel agent never came up.

Both reservations are for early dining.  Had all info.  Good grief can still supply medical info from birth for my son.  

Am so grateful that my son decided to join us was simply trying make things easier for him with his job.  

In future guess my approach when calling will be to ask for a travel agent.  Am cool now so will ask to speak with a TA.  

Thank you

To dreamer976  Thank you.  Can be harsh out here.  Getting wiser I hope.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:12 PM, MaskedTurtle said:

Thanks.   I read somewhere that emailing closer to sail date was definitely a better idea.  I wanted to email them ahead of time to ask about table location in the MDR.  I know most people do it the first day, but my mom is in a wheelchair, so getting her through the crowds and down there will be difficult.  Also, 1 out of 4 of us will be pushing her, and the other 2 will be juggling everyone's carry-ons.  I want to make sure we are put at a table that we can get to with the wheelchair without having to squeeze through the tables and chairs.

As said sooner then 2-3 weeks out more likely request gets lost or tables changed and they dont send info to ship until then. Out of 15-30 times about 25% time dont get response, still got my request all but once. Though have sent it again if was Important, they did reply then. Might take few days to week hear back is my experience...

• Like 1

Follow-up questions...

1- Is there any way to get a map/table layout of NOS's main dining room?

2- Does anyone know if there are any tables by the window on NOS that are easily accessible with a wheelchair?

3- Since I would be asking about wheelchair accessibility in the MDR, should I also email special needs or leave them out of this particular issue?

12 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

1- Is there any way to get a map/table layout of NOS's main dining room?

3- Since I would be asking about wheelchair accessibility in the MDR, should I also email special needs or leave them out of this particular issue?

1. Doesn’t matter as table number/layout can change. 

3. The dining folks can address this. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Follow-up questions...

1- Is there any way to get a map/table layout of NOS's main dining room? ...

No, this changes every cruise.  You will just have to wait until you are onboard.😱

• Like 1