How late can you stay on the ship? Late flight out. Free NCL Airfare

K2play

There are normally excursions you can book for just this reason.  It'll be some type of tour that keeps you occupied and stores your luggage in the bus.  

You can also choose to go directly to the airport and hope to do standby for an earlier flight. 

44 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I've stayed on until about 10 once or twice because of late flights. Left the restaurant at 9:45 and then disembarked. No lines.

Thanks everybody.  No lines sounds good.  Nice big breakfast.  Possible standby. 

• Like 1

Would be easier for us as well as the free airfare departs 11 hours after debarkation.  NCL could have helped us and their crew with the turnaround out by getting us an earlier flight so we would be encouraged to leave earlier.  Of course those flights would have cost them more. We will leave early anyway since we would want others to do so for us so we can embark without being delayed.  But I won't book a pricey excursion through them, I'll do something on my own and find a place to store luggage before heading to airport.

Edited by Alatraveler1
none

52 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Would be easier for us as well as the free airfare departs 11 hours after debarkation.  NCL could have helped us and their crew with the turnaround out by getting us an earlier flight so we would be encouraged to leave earlier.  Of course those flights would have cost them more. We will leave early anyway since we would want others to do so for us so we can embark without being delayed.  But I won't book a pricey excursion through them, I'll do something on my own and find a place to store luggage before heading to airport.

That's why you book your own flights. Of course NCL is going to book you on what is the least expensive flights.

Going the less expensive route more times than not backfires. There are drawbacks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

That's why you book your own flights. Of course NCL is going to book you on what is the least expensive flights.

Going the less expensive route more times than not backfires. There are drawbacks.

Yes, I know, just as going with the least expensive cruiseline when looking for a certain itinerary during a certain week also has drawbacks.  Don't believe the hype of the great free perks they are offering and take a closer look.  Lesson learned.  But by the logic that booking passengers the cheapest flights is ok, we should also then be ok and expect the cheapest beer/wines/liquors on the included UBP,  cheapest cuts of meat and ingredients in specialty restaurants on the included SDP,  etc. 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, K2play said:

How late can you stay on the ship?  We have a late flight out on our last day on NCL Escape in NYC.  We were hoping to grab something for lunch/brunch before we spend hours in LaGuardia ("free" NCL airfare).  

You will be off no later than 10:00 and probably closer to 9:30.

They want you out of the cabin by 8:30AM at the latest and off the ship no later than 9:30AM to 10:00AM. They need to get the ship ready for it’s next sailing. They also need to get the ship down to a zero passenger count before they can start to board the next group of passengers. Turnaround day is always the busiest day of the week for the crew.

Sorry, but if your "free/reduced" NCL Air included port transfers, your special color tags on the Escape (or other NYC-based ships) will generally be called around 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. - usually either following or just ahead of Platinum/+/A pax not using Express Walk-Off, once they herded all the DIY crowds onto the pier.  Expect to spend another 30 to 40 minutes making your way, find & collect your checked bags & thru CBP inspection - signage will direct you to airport bus transfers, located along 12th Avenue at street level.  Look closely at the picture below, buses will be waiting outside the secured area as you exit, along the waterfront.  

You will still have time to do a sit-down hot breakfast in the MDR, but as noted already, it's best to vacate the cabin by 8 a.m. and certainly no later than 8:30 (typical cutoff time, as room stewards will be knocking & banging on doors to start stripping  things off ... bedsheets, pillows & towels, etc. for collection).

As for grabbing lunch before boarding the motorcoaches to LGA, your option are going to be very limited in that area - with luggage & bags in tow - on weekend, or even weekdays.  If you are heading to LGA on your own, there are "greasy spoon" diners not far from the airport - get dropped off there on Astoria Blvd, eat & even walk across the street to catch a short bus ride to the terminal or Uber it. 

IMG_0414.JPG

Edited by mking8288

Last time I did free your arms out of NYC driver picked up luggage at pier at my specified time and meet me later that day at LGA to deliver.  Went to time square even took subway to LGA for cheap with no luggage seemed like it was 20$ a bag.