Diamond Status Inherited By Our Daughter Who Then Gets Married

CRUISEFOUR

2 hours ago, lynaberk said:

Sorry, the Allure OTS

Was on the Allure 9/8 cruise.

D lounge on 11 served breakfast daily mainly continental spread with a different premade egg offering and bacon/sausage, daily. A very adequate spread imo.

Was open for coffee 24 hrs (if the machine worked or had been serviced).

Happy hour was shifted to the Blaze due to a large number of D, D Plus and Pinnacle guests. During happy hour the d  lounge on 11 was used just as a sitting area and the upper level was used for Chef's Table.

No lunch in d lounge.

Edited by Arzeena

On 9/7/2019 at 4:36 AM, ZiggaZagga17 said:

move in together is all that's required!

Is that really true?  I live with my SO.  His only cruises have been since we've lived together.  He is not currently my status.  

On 9/7/2019 at 4:36 AM, ZiggaZagga17 said:

On 9/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, kmorg1234 said:

From personal experience, I called C & A for the sole purpose to UNLINK myself with a freeloader boyfriend that I had been living with, cruising with,etc.  They quickly demoted him from D+ to whatever his point status allowed him.  So I would hope that all people divorcing would unlink themselves, and only relink their status when they have remarried.  Just my opinion. 

Ha, yes, I did this with my ex - and when worthy, bumped up my husband 🙂  Granted, I'm a lowly Emerald, but it's better than nothing! 🙂

In our case, our daughter cruised with us 3 times before she married and 5 times since then. She was 18 on the first one. Four of her cruises were given 1 point per cruise and the rest were 7 night cruises. C&A had a hard time with her name change and linking her cruises. It would never list her cruises. She called on this and was she Emerald on the cruise 4 years ago and this was correct for the number of points. She was Diamond on our last cruise. She called before our last cruise and tried again to get the cruises listed. She was made Diamond at this time. I don't know if they looked back to my husband and my status, but we reached diamond status after she was 18. 

Maybe there was some other rule back then.  

3 minutes ago, KansasK said:

In our case, our daughter cruised with us 3 times before she married and 5 times since then. She was 18 on the first one. Four of her cruises were given 1 point per cruise and the rest were 7 night cruises. C&A had a hard time with her name change and linking her cruises. It would never list her cruises. She called on this and was she Emerald on the cruise 4 years ago and this was correct for the number of points. She was Diamond on our last cruise. She called before our last cruise and tried again to get the cruises listed. She was made Diamond at this time. I don't know if they looked back to my husband and my status, but we reached diamond status after she was 18. 

Maybe there was some other rule back then.  

Those cruises where she received 1 point were really 1 cruise credit.  Those 4 cruise credits should have converted to 29 cruise points after the major change to C&A back in Jan 2011.

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status." 

The above is found under General Terms and Conditions in this document: https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_APRIL-2019.pdf

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, CruiseChic61 said:

I just spoke to RC.  He said you must be married for me boyfriend to get my D level.  We have been living together for a couple years.  He said policy is must be married.  How am I missing 'just need to live together'. 

He’s wrong. Call and speak with someone else. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CruiseChic61 said:

I just spoke to RC.  He said you must be married for me boyfriend to get my D level.  We have been living together for a couple years.  He said policy is must be married.  How am I missing 'just need to live together'. 

If you have been living together for a couple of years then technically you are married by a common law relationship....at least you are where I live. 

22 minutes ago, CruiseChic61 said:

Not true. Call again