CARNIVAL miracle sofa bed toddler question

pinksavage22

Hi hoping I am posting this on the correct area I apologize if I’m not.. we are sailing in May on the miracle, it’s our second time on this ship but last time o did not have a child.  Our son is 10 months now and is already 32 inches tall he will be around 18-19 months at time of sailing.  We are trying to figure out bed arrangements.  Our travel agent suggested he sleep on the sofa bed because he sleeps with me at home and not in a crib (dad works nights so it’s just him and I in bed) so we don’t want all three of us in the bed (I know co sleeping is frowned upon and last cruise board I asked This question I was just bashed by everyone and no one answered my question so I hope at least one person here can get past the cosleeping because it’s not going to change lol) anyways my question about the sofa bed I hear it’s just the sofa they put the sheet on but I’m wondering is there a way we can move the mattress part to the ground? I guess it would be the couch cushion? Has any one tried this? Or any suggestions from moms besides pack and play? When we stay in hotels we always get a sofa bed (the pull out kind) and move that mattress to the ground and he sleeps on it so was hoping to do the same type of situation here. I know what I’m askong isn’t normal most kids will sleep on a crib and I’m sure most readers like the last board I posted on will say I need to stop having him on my bed or try to transition and i get that just hoping to get an answer about the sofa bed thanks 

10 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

Depending on the setup, could you turn the couch to face the wall?  

Most of the couches are in pieces, the bottom is a single bed with removable back pieces they take away to make up the bed, they really aren't attached except by Velcro sometimes.

The sofa is not a pull out unit, with a mattress underneath you can move to the floor. 

However I'd suggest the pool noodle as suggested... also speak to your cabin steward about any concerns you may have (him falling out of bed etc) and I've read that they can often work magic to make the sofa appropriate for toddlers... we just went on a cruise where my grandson used the sofa bed, but he's 11 so falling out of bed wasn't an issue. GETTING him out of bed was the issue!

• Haha 1

I have seen portable/removable bed rail guards on Amazon for less than $25. My sister has an inflatable toddler bed that she brings on vacation for my nephew. It's great for vacation, but maybe a little impractical for a cruise because you would need to make sure to also bring an air pump. I've also seen a portable cot for toddlers that folds up like a camp chair. "Regalo My Cot Portable Child Travel Bed" ... I've seen this for about $25-30 on Amazon, Target, etc.

1 hour ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Last year, we did the sofa cushions on floor and pillows. Every morning we found him on the floor. I didn't like that so much.

The cushions on the ground is an option, but this ^^ would bother me too.

Edited by lab_love123

37 minutes ago, lab_love123 said:

I have seen portable/removable bed rail guards on Amazon for less than $25. My sister has an inflatable toddler bed that she brings on vacation for my nephew. It's great for vacation, but maybe a little impractical for a cruise because you would need to make sure to also bring an air pump. I've also seen a portable cot for toddlers that folds up like a camp chair. "Regalo My Cot Portable Child Travel Bed" ... I've seen this for about $25-30 on Amazon, Target, etc.

The cushions on the ground is an option, but this ^^ would bother me too.

I like that idea about bringing side rails. As long as the fold so the OP can pack them, I think this is the best option. If all else fails, I do know the cruise line will roll in a portable crib, as this is what we did with our grandchild once.

I love the pool noodle idea I’ll get that one to bring with us thank u guys! I was thinking about that too about the couch being on the ground.. the pull out couches in hotels r much bigger beds than the couch cushions so he doesn’t roll on the floor but with it being such a smaller bed than he sleeps at home (the couch) I’m sure he’d roll so the noodle will definitely help! 

Why not get a crib? We got one on the miracle for our 20 month old back in the day. 

Sorry missed the the end of your post that you weren’t looking for a crib. The sofa bed is a day bed. 

Edited by Stick93

3 hours ago, pinksavage22 said:

THe is thing is we leave from San Francisco so we don’t have a flight to catch so I am able to pack things I may not normally be able to

I also saw inflatable bumpers on Amazon that would fold up real small in your bag, and you don’t need a pump to blow it up. If you didn’t want to tote a pool noodle around 😂

How about requesting for a trundle bed? my daughter started cruising at 24 months and we didn't want a crib in our cabin since we were in an interior cabin with my older son and the crib will make it cramped.  The trundle was only off the floor about 6 inches in case she when she rolled off (oh, she did...she landed on the pillows on the floor).  We learned to shove the chair against one side of the trundle and barricade her with more pillows.

Edited by Ak4n3