Vibe passes on the Breakaway...

TheMettins

Hello all!  Any tricks or tips for scoring Vibe passes on the Breakaway?  Anyone recently purchase them?  Some say they are available at Guest Services, others say a lounge.  NCL has our flight arriving before 8am, so we'll be first in line, more than likely....but it's only our 3rd cruise w/ NCL, so we are low on the priority totem pole.  I did purchase the new priority access- but my guess, it will be a disorganized mess w/ employees not being familiar w/ the new program :classic_wacko:

TIA,

Tiffany

10 minutes ago, Skipper305 said:

Tiffany if it’s costing you $99+$209*2= $517 for Vibe passes I’m not sure it’s worth it. We loved Vibe when it was $99 pp and it was the great race to get them.

It's quite worth it for us- my husband isn't fond of crowds.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheMettins said:

It's quite worth it for us- my husband isn't fond of crowds.

It definitely wasn’t crowded when we were there last year. Had a cabana but it was almost always getting hammered by the sun, so ended up on a lounger with an umbrella most of the time. Have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Hello all!  Any tricks or tips for scoring Vibe passes on the Breakaway?  Anyone recently purchase them?  Some say they are available at Guest Services, others say a lounge.  NCL has our flight arriving before 8am, so we'll be first in line, more than likely....but it's only our 3rd cruise w/ NCL, so we are low on the priority totem pole.  I did purchase the new priority access- but my guess, it will be a disorganized mess w/ employees not being familiar w/ the new program :classic_wacko:

TIA,

Tiffany

I just bought the new priority access through my TA as well.  Excited if it works out well but, like you said, a little nervous since it is a new program how it will be arranged so we actually get the benefits! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMettins said:

NCL has our flight arriving before 8am, so we'll be first in line, more than likely.

From reading posts on here, if you're taking NCL transfers to the port they don't leave until the bus is full. And it sounded like they were using the same buses that transfer those from the port to the airport. So you might not be getting to the port that early with NCL transfers. 

Edited by smplybcause

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

From reading posts on here, if you're taking NCL transfers to the port they don't leave until the bus is full. And it sounded like they were using the same buses that transfer those from the port to the airport. So you might not be getting to the port that early with NCL transfers. 

We're not as their shuttles don't even begin till 10:30.  I made the mistake of using a cruise line shuttle once, that is all it took to know not to use one ever again!

5 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Just a reminder that all guests who want a Vibe pass must be present to purchase it...... can't send the fastest runner to get 4

Our last cruise in March they held 14 passes, first 7 people arrived before us, last 7 after us but they wouldn’t sell us any, sucked

6 hours ago, danak13 said:

I just bought the new priority access through my TA as well.  Excited if it works out well but, like you said, a little nervous since it is a new program how it will be arranged so we actually get the benefits! 

I can't seem to find this new priority access purchase that couple of you have mentioned. Is it an NCL thing and do you have a link?

edit: Ok, found it.... only on Breakaway and Sky right now

Thank you 

Edited by esm54687

9 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Huh?? for no reason at all they just chose not to sell them to you? 

Yes they had the 7 people stand to the side while staff held onto bracelet,  they keep helping people in line but wouldn’t sell vibe,  when the rest of their group got there they all went directly up and bought vibe.  Totally handled incorrectly 

we we made the best of it and meet some great people in h2 o

3 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

NCL has closed off the beautiful free forward sun deck on the Getaway (a mirror copy of the Haven & Vibe sun decks,  less plushy loungers). Now this is a for-fee extension to the Vibe.

Unless they ruined the Breakaway and the Escape the same way, the Vibe passes is a waste of money. What is worth extra money on this ship is the spa and specialty restaurants.

Happy cruising!

Did they create more bar spa or more hot tubs

5 minutes ago, Susandt said:

Yes they had the 7 people stand to the side while staff held onto bracelet,  they keep helping people in line but wouldn’t sell vibe,  when the rest of their group got there they all went directly up and bought vibe.  Totally handled incorrectly 

we we made the best of it and meet some great people in h2 o

That does suck....... it's another example though of the customer being informed and knowing the T&Cs.  It clearly states all parties must be present so you should've spoken up.

Similiar to customers getting one app, one side, and one dessert for the SDP where the T&Cs do not put a limit on that but customers believe staff. 

Personally, H2O is much better and not worth a home equity line of credit for the cost of Vibe. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

NCL has closed off the beautiful free forward sun deck on the Getaway (a mirror copy of the Haven & Vibe sun decks,  less plushy loungers). Now this is a for-fee extension to the Vibe.

Unless they ruined the Breakaway and the Escape the same way, the Vibe passes is a waste of money. What is worth extra money on this ship is the spa and specialty restaurants.

Happy cruising!

Specialty restaurants & Spa reservations were made weeks ago!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree! Vibe is 100% worth it.  My last cruise the Vibe made the trip (actually was the highlight of 3 out of my 4 last cruises, Getaway wasn’t as much fun).  We enjoyed it as much as even maybe more than our Haven experience.  Glad you had a great time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, Deeliteful said:

I got a Vibe pass n June on the Breakaway. It was Guest services, I had boarding No.4 So was quite lucky I guess.

I wouldn't bother doing it again.

Hope my daughter reads your comment. She has been hoping somehow we will be able to swing it even though 3 of the 4 of us will be arriving after noon. I keep telling her no say plus I am not paying $200. She has even offered to pay for her dad and me. I can now convince her, someone said it isnt worth it. I do think she is accepting it may not be a good use of money. We are doing to take advantage of the spiceH2O though. 

I agree, I will be in SpiceH2O on my next cruise in December. I don’t think I’m alone in saying it’s not worth it either, it’s just a bar with sun beds! 
The marketing of it is done very well making it seem like an aspirational place to be but unfortunately it doesn’t live up to the hype (IMO anyway!)

Hope you have a great cruise.