Harmony of the Seas April 2021

TravisP

Anyone know why there are no HOTS cruises scheduled after March of 2021? I thought it might be for dry dock but I could not find any mention of that. We are booked on HOTS for the 2/28/2021. We were looking to see if we could change to a cruise on the week of 4/4/21.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

My notes say that Harmony's dry dock is Spring 2021.

I am guess just for the usual. Azipod maintenance and painting? With the ship already "amped" I really don't see much room for improvement.

We’re on her last cruise before she goes in to dry dock. No word yet on what ship (if any)   will replace her in April 2021. When Oasis was scheduled for her dry dock (when the Freeport facility collapsed) there was a three week hole in the schedule and then Oasis was supposed to reposition to Europe. My best guess is that Harmony will go over to Cadiz for her dry dock and then do the summer season in Europe as well. Hoping they replace her with Symphony, but probably will be Oasis or Allure. 

1 hour ago, Drock20J said:

I am guess just for the usual. Azipod maintenance and painting? With the ship already "amped" I really don't see much room for improvement.

I'll bet they will find some space for more staterooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Drock20J said:

O hope they don't take out Wonderland! Take the card room instead!

The Wonderland space on Oasis is going to become the card room.🤣

I'd only go back to Wonderland if they changed the theme.

IMG_2301_1.thumb.jpg.af48695012462d87a78a1023b2c562db.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Harmony is definitely going into dry dock April 2021. We were originally booked on it. We were notified in mid to late June that our cruise was cancelled and given options on what we wanted to do. We are now booked on Symphony for April 2021. I do know Symphony will not be replacing Harmony (at least in April 2021) since the Harmony cruise was out of Port Canaveral and the Symphony cruise is out of Miami.

8 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

I vote that they do take out Wonderland it replace it with the Diamond Lounge. The DL on Harmony is not large enough to accommodate DL cruisers.

This ^^^^^The DL on Harmony is a joke !!!

16 hours ago, Drock20J said:

A pool in the solarium would be a great improvement. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I would LOVE to have a Bomba themed restaurant!

14 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

I vote that they do take out Wonderland it replace it with the Diamond Lounge. The DL on Harmony is not large enough to accommodate DL cruisers.

If you have not experienced Wonderland I could understand where you would say this (adversely, I have yet to experience the diamond lounge.) Wonderland is probably the best dining experiences I have had on a ship and top 5 I have had PERIOD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravisP said:

I would think Royal would put another ship in Port Canaveral during that time. But currently no Royal Caribbean ships are sailing out of that port in April 2021. 

They don't move ships to cover for other ships when they are in drydock/refurb.  To do that they'd have to impact another port.  There's just a gap in service.  

Edited by BND

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

IMG_2301_1.thumb.jpg.af48695012462d87a78a1023b2c562db.jpg

I'd only go back to Wonderland if they'd change the FOOD:)

So does this mean that they are removing Wonderland from the Oasis class ships?

6 hours ago, Drock20J said:

I would LOVE to have a Bomba themed restaurant!

If you have not experienced Wonderland I could understand where you would say this (adversely, I have yet to experience the diamond lounge.) Wonderland is probably the best dining experiences I have had on a ship and top 5 I have had PERIOD.

We all have different tastes and I'm happy for you that you had a "wonderful" experience at "Wonderland." Ours was the opposite. The only food we liked was the chocolate dessert. But the ambiance was beautiful. The food was just too weird for us...and it was a huge rip off for $50pp.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

This ^^^^^The DL on Harmony is a joke !!!

Totally agree...WAY too crowded. We just went in to get a glass of wine on our way to dinner. Now that we can use our Diamond "coupons" on our set sail pass in the MDR, we will totally skip the DL.

5 hours ago, BND said:

They don't move ships to cover for other ships when they are in drydock/refurb.  To do that they'd have to impact another port.  There's just a gap in service.  

Not exactly true. When Oasis was leaving PC for its refurb, they moved Harmony from FLL. 

I do not think they will leave the PC market vacant. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Totally agree...WAY too crowded. We just went in to get a glass of wine on our way to dinner. Now that we can use our Diamond "coupons" on our set sail pass in the MDR, we will totally skip the DL.

Us too. We never went during happily hour on our August cruise. It’s not even worth the effort. I think we stopped on a couple times after the main show to get a bottle of water. 

mac_tc

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I enjoyed it in August. Very quiet, good location for before and after dinner

Nice that you did...but usually it's so crowded...RCI doesn't seem to be very good at estimating the number onboard that "can" use the lounge and adjust the location. Only one night were we able to use the overflow as it was booked for private events on the other nights. Going elsewhere for a drink isn't what we prefer...no snacks...Yes, I enjoy the snacks with my one Lemondrop.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Not exactly true. When Oasis was leaving PC for its refurb, they moved Harmony from FLL. 

I do not think they will leave the PC market vacant. 

mac_tlc

They moved it permanently.  Not just to cover the drydock.

52 minutes ago, BND said:

They moved it permanently.  Not just to cover the drydock.

Semantics, I guess. If what you meant was they would move a ship to cover the exact dates of a dry dock, then move the dry-docked ship and the other one back to their prior places, then I agree. They routinely redeploy the ships and certainly take into account the dry dock schedule. Harmony probably would not have moved to PC if Oasis wasn’t  gong into dry dock.  

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1