WOW Bands Junior Suites

opheliasfate

Hi!  We are sailing in a junior suite on the Symphony of the Seas in October and are trying to figure out if wow bands are included in our room.  It seems that some people with jr suites have had them in their rooms but RC says grand suite and above.  Does anyone have recent experience?  Thank you!

14 minutes ago, opheliasfate said:

Hi!  We are sailing in a junior suite on the Symphony of the Seas in October and are trying to figure out if wow bands are included in our room.  It seems that some people with jr suites have had them in their rooms but RC says grand suite and above.  Does anyone have recent experience?  Thank you!

Yes, they should be.  We were given WOW bands on Anthem in our JS.  I'm pretty sure that every ship that utilizes them includes them for JS and above.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Yes, they should be.  We were given WOW bands on Anthem in our JS.  I'm pretty sure that every ship that utilizes them includes them for JS and above.

Wasn't expecting the answer to be yes...BND did you just go to Boleros to get them and not get charged or do they automatically give them to you?

Thanks,

7 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Wasn't expecting the answer to be yes...BND did you just go to Boleros to get them and not get charged or do they automatically give them to you?

Thanks,

They were in the room.  There's one card outside the room and the other card and bands were on the bed.  Pretty sure this is how it works on all ships that have the RFID technology.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sdude said:

It depends on the ship. We were on Ovation in Junior Suite, and were told that we have to purchase them. Recently on Symphony our WOW bands were inside our Junior Suite.

Ovation wasn't in the US, correct?  That may be why.  

The RCI website is pretty wishy-washy about this, so I too was interested to see if we would get them.  We were on the Symphony in a junior suite on back-to-back cruises begun August 17 and 24.  We got sets of WOW bands (and cards) on each cruise.  The first cruise had them the way BND mentions above.  For the second one, we were given the new cards and WOW bands at the B2B passenger gathering on the ship (in the theater). 

(Our WOW bands had the correct muster station printed on them; however, DS and his family were also in a junior suite for one of those cruises, and received WOW bands which didn't have the correct muster station.  They went to Guest Services about it, and were told it didn't matter.  From what I understand, the ships are moving away from having muster stations printed on the bands, so they must be using up old stock...?)

RCL site:

Guests who wish to use a WOW Band in place of their SeaPass card may purchase one onboard for $4.99**. Guests in Grand Suites and above (Golden Suites & Royal Premiere for Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas) will continue to receive the WOW Bands in their staterooms at no charge. WOW Bands are not reusable and are unique to each sailing.

For departure and boarding the ship in ports, guests will need a SeaPass card.

* Wow Bands are only available on Symphony of the Seas®, Harmony of the Seas®, Ovation of the Seas®, Anthem of the Seas®, Quantum of the Seas®, and Spectrum of the Seas®.

** Port taxes will be applied. Purchase price is subject to change without notice.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, BND said:

Ovation wasn't in the US, correct?  That may be why.  

Ovation was in Alaska. It was in May this year. The most funny part was that special holders for the WOW bands were still in one of the drawers. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have a jr suite question.  Do we get to go straight to our cabin early or is that for the real suite suites?

No suite gets to go early.  Everyone gets access at the same time, unless you're on the second half of a b2b which means you have access all day on turnaround day.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:18 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

You really worry about $4.99?😱

Many years ago I was riding in a Cadillac and the driver stopped at a toll both and asked for $0.25 receipt, The other person in the car said you bother for a $0.25 receipt? The driver responded "that's how I afford the Cadillac". Yes I worry about $4.99.

4 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Many years ago I was riding in a Cadillac and the driver stopped at a toll both and asked for $0.25 receipt, The other person in the car said you bother for a $0.25 receipt? The driver responded "that's how I afford the Cadillac". Yes I worry about $4.99.

Have fun doing that!🙄👍