Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

The guy next to me was trying to suck his drink through the wooden skewer that they put the garnish onto... He wasn't getting anything out, and was like  "this straw is defective" ... They pointed out that it wasn't a straw, and we all had a good laugh.... Like I said, you can't make this s#!t up...

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

They do... I didn't take mine. I wouldn't have drank it anyway... (Not that I don't like wine. I do...)

If you had gotten the bottle and had one glass...I wonder if they would they have allowed you to take the rest of the bottle back to your stateroom to partake of at your convenience?

Edited by Amadawn1
clarification
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

If you had gotten the bottle and had one glass...I wonder if they would they have allowed you to take the rest of the bottle back to your stateroom to partake of at your convenience?

They'll give you the whole bottle unopened if you want...

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Thank you.  Great info.  Last time I think we ordered the 50% off from the wine list at the steak house on the first night.  I was the only one drinking it and they offered to send it to the MDR for us.  It was there when we went to the MDR the second night.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I never thought to ask if we could take it with us to the stateroom.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

May depend on who you’re dealing with. On Glory I wanted to give my bottle to another table and the server said she had to open it and pour a small amount in a glass at my table first.

• Like 1

I completely forgot to even photograph my last drink from Armin at Alchemy... I looked over, and I recognized a guy from my Magic cruise last September... It indeed was him. His company in New York only allows him to vacation during this week every year. So, here we are, cruising on a different ship exactly one year apart...

I was ready for another drink again, and Armin was on break. Annamaria whipped me up a tequila cocktail with no particular name...

IMG_20190921_203732.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I hope you didn't start out with rain also.  Here in KC, MO, we had torrential rain today, and I believe it is to be the same for tomorrow. 😞  When I seen the picture of the cemetery, that reminded me of when I was in either St. Thomas, or St. Kitts this year, and they call them "Underground condominiums. 🙂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, beshears said:

Yes, I hope you didn't start out with rain also.  Here in KC, MO, we had torrential rain today, and I believe it is to be the same for tomorrow. 😞  When I seen the picture of the cemetery, that reminded me of when I was in either St. Thomas, or St. Kitts this year, and they call them "Underground condominiums. 🙂

Underground condominiums sounds like something Sunny Liston would say.  He's an awesome tour operator in St. Thomas.

• Like 1

Sid  --  just made it to your current review...

Life's been crazy & I'm late joining...

I haven't actually started reading yet...

Wow it's already up to 16 pages...

Hang on, it's going to be one heck of a ride...

Now time to head back to start @ the beginning...

• Like 2

Just now, Von & John said:

Cheers to a Fabulous Birthday & Cruise!!!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, cruiser147147 said:

Just got a jury notice in mail today for 16 days prior to 11-08-19 NCL Getaway cruise I have committed to but have not booked yet -- waiting for solo pricing to go into affect.

Cruiser - looks like you'll be getting on, when we get off 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Von & John said:

I was wondering where you were!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

Cruiser - looks like you'll be getting on, when we get off 🙂

Von & John --

Yea -- but I believe y'all are sailing from NY and I plan on being on Getaway's first cruise of the season out of NO. Anxious to see how many Getaway cruises I can make this season --  no 10 &11 day cruises this year from NO on NCL.  Hope jury duty doesn't mess me up.  Last year I made 7 cruises for a combined total of 64 days on Breakaway out of NO. I also have some ongoing dental work I have to squeeze in between cruises.  It's going to be interesting to see if the pricing works out with only 4 9 day cruises available this season. 

Sorry to post in this Live thread Sid.  I thought I was in the other thread.  I apologize.

Edited by cruiser147147
oops
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiser147147 said:

Von & John --

Yea -- but I believe y'all are sailing from NY and I plan on being on Getaway's first cruise of the season out of NO. Anxious to see how many Getaway cruises I can make this season --  no 10 &11 day cruises this year from NO on NCL.  Hope jury duty doesn't mess me up.  Last year I made 7 cruises for a combined total of 64 days on Breakaway out of NO. I also have some ongoing dental work I have to squeeze in between cruises.  It's going to be interesting to see if the pricing works out with only 4 9 day cruises available this season. 

Cruiser  --  were are actually on the Transatlantic from Copenhagen to NOLA...  Coming up sooner than I'll be ready for  🙂

Hoping your Jury Duty will not impact your cruise...

Enjoy all the cruises you are able to join!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Von & John said:

Cruiser  --  were are actually on the Transatlantic from Copenhagen to NOLA...  Coming up sooner than I'll be ready for  🙂

Hoping your Jury Duty will not impact your cruise...

Enjoy all the cruises you are able to join!

Fantastic Von & John.  I tried to do the same TA y'all are doing.  Cruise price was good but airfair was ridiculous out of NO plus I am spoiled cruising out of a home port with no flying involved.  I used to love to fly but not anymore. 

Edited by cruiser147147
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Want to talk about a good night's sleep, well I just had the best one in years... I don't know if it's the bed or the drinks or what... Probably just the Horizon rocking me to bed, knowing that I'm in my happy place...

Good morning Sid...hope you have great weather for the entire cruise.

• Like 1