Hotel near cruise port Fort Lauderdale

Katiebug1956

If you look down the board, you will see dozens and dozens of threads on hotels in Ft Lauderdale. You will see the very common recommendation not to worry too much about shuttles, as the distances are very short, and taxis are very plentiful, and pretty cheap. Uber is cheaper. 

You need to specify your budget, and when you are going. Rates will move dramatically based upon season, and to a certain extent, day of the week.

You will also see references to a website that lists all the hotels in Ft Lauderdale, and their amenities, like shuttles. Unfortunately the name is not popping to my mind at the minute. But it is mentioned here almost daily.

• Like 1

Hyatt Place on 17th Street Convention Center has a hotel shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to their hotel for $2/room and a shuttle to the pier the next day for $7/person.  There are restaurants and stores within walking distance of this hotel for dinner and/or any last minute cruise items.  I have stayed there twice and its truly a great spot.  You can book one of two ways, through their web site or through valuetrips.com.  Valuetrips is a 3rd party booking site which can be frustrating as they don't get back to you immediately, but they do offer a good value for this hotel.

I also like Marriott Marina, but they have no shuttle services to my knowledge.  A taxi should run you around $15 - $20 from the airport and probably the same to the pier the next day.  This hotel is right on the Water Taxi line and has an amazing pool area.  There are also restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, doone said:

I also like Marriott Marina, but they have no shuttle services to my knowledge.  A taxi should run you around $15 - $20 from the airport and probably the same to the pier the next day.  This hotel is right on the Water Taxi line and has an amazing pool area.  There are also restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

Are you meaning the Hilton Marina? I'm staying there in January (not my first time) and your description sounds like that one...but it's not a Marriott, it's a Hilton. 

We always stay at either LaQuinta Airport or Comfort Inn &Suites Airport. They are very close together, and provide shuttle from the airport as shuttle to the cruiseport. Both have good complementary breakfasts too. There is also a shopping centre next to the hotels - Oakwood Plaza with several restaurants/ bars, Ross'Dress For Less, shoe stores, Target and lots more  for any last minute items needed. 

9 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Are you meaning the Hilton Marina? I'm staying there in January (not my first time) and your description sounds like that one...but it's not a Marriott, it's a Hilton. 

OMGosh you are right, its the Hilton, not the Marriott, maybe it was a Marriott way back when and I was thinking of that............sorry for the confusion.

Hilton Marina ... IF ... you get there at a decent time during the day to be able to enjoy the location ... get a tower balcony overlooking the water / bridge / cruise port ... maybe take the water taxi which stops there ...

but maybe not worth it if you are just looking for a place to crash , then shower / leave the next morning ...

On 9/25/2019 at 6:59 AM, doone said:

OMGosh you are right, its the Hilton, not the Marriott, maybe it was a Marriott way back when and I was thinking of that............sorry for the confusion.

It it was indeed a Marriott at one point.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:55 AM, Ashland said:

Another vote for Hyatt Place....You can use their $2.00 per room shuttle from FLL to the hotel...but you might want to taxi or Uber from there to Port Everglades a much better deal and on your timeframe.

We had the front desk call for a taxi last time we were there and it never showed.  Had to end up getting the shuttle to make a special run just for us (thank you to the staff).  

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We had the front desk call for a taxi last time we were there and it never showed.  Had to end up getting the shuttle to make a special run just for us (thank you to the staff).  

Very surprised no taxi showed up...did you think to call Uber ?..Yes I agree HP has a great staff !!!

24 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Very surprised no taxi showed up...did you think to call Uber ?..Yes I agree HP has a great staff !!!

No - the bellman took pity on us standing there so he offered to take us in the shuttle (for the shuttle fee) just the two of us.  Better deal than the Uber timewise.