Price drop

Jenna2407

Hi

We have booked to go on the getaway next July on a Europe cruise. 

I have booked directly with the cruise line, I checked the prices out today and they have dropped quite significantly. By over £300pp.

Will NCL do anything about this for us?

For example I know carnival will give you OBC for the adjustment?

Or do I just take it as a lesson learnt? 

(And I'm aware I wouldn't pay more if they increased the prices...)

16 minutes ago, Jenna2407 said:

Hi

I have booked directly with the cruise line, I checked the prices out today and they have dropped quite significantly. By over £300pp.

Not sure if the rules are different in the UK but July is 9 months away and you can make any change you wants up until 4 months out including getting back the price difference. This is how it is in the US.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jenna2407 said:

Hi

If you were in the US they would adjust the price for you, but because UK  booking rules are different you are going to have to call to see what if anything they  might be willing to do.

Hi

I have just rang them and have saved a whopping £429 per couple! The difference was £529 per couple but we lost our 100 deposit as we did a new booking. 

But we also now have a $100 onboard credit per couple aswell! 

So glad I checked the price! 

• Like 4

Price drops on  the Joy. After asking for an upgrade or ,OBC I received a

cabin upgrade. There is still a difference of $278 in which I asked for in OBC and was told I already got an upgrade. Last cruise with NCL. Was looking forward to book the Encore. 

18 minutes ago, shakeNbake said:

cabin upgrade. There is still a difference of $278 in which I asked for in OBC and was told I already got an upgrade. Last cruise with NCL. Was looking forward to book the Encore. 

You can't get both an upgrade and OBC.    You got an upgrade - that's more than they are obligated to do. 

Either way, they generally only give 25% of the difference back in OBC.  

Heck - they are not obligated to do ANYTHING.  If the price goes up instead of down, they don't ask you to pay the difference.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, Jenna2407 said:

Hi

I have just rang them and have saved a whopping £429 per couple! The difference was £529 per couple but we lost our 100 deposit as we did a new booking. 

But we also now have a $100 onboard credit per couple aswell! 

So glad I checked the price! 

They seem a bit inconsistent in the UK office. Prices dropped so we upgraded from an inside to a balcony, based on the current balcony price which wasn't much more. However, friends already had a balcony booked and the price dropped. They were told the price could be adjusted to the current rate for an admin fee of £35pp rather than lose the full deposit paid. 

13 hours ago, shakeNbake said:

Guess you won’t be cruising then.   This is standard with ALL cruise lines.    And NCL was generous with what you got.  You were entitled to nothing.      

Did you read your booking terms?

On 10/2/2019 at 10:26 AM, Jenna2407 said:

Hi

If it is after final payment they will offer you either an upgrade or an OBC. if before final payment they will give you the current price or should anyway. 

Now I see you did get your price reduction> That is great. 

17 hours ago, shakeNbake said:

And you expected them to give you the full amount of the difference, tell us what company or cruise line would do that? I am amazed at people wanting it all. NCL will just have to learn to live without you. 

Even after final payment there are perks to price drop. We have a December cruise coming up. Price dropped and for 20.00 PP more we went from balcony to mini suite. I was totally happy with my balcony but though this was a deal. If i had chosen to stay in balcony i would of gotten a whopping 15.00 total OBC. You get 25% of the difference between price paid and new price. 

We had been offered to upgrade when price dropped on June 2019 cruise but my location was too important to make any changes. So we took the OBC.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, cruisinmeme said:

Even after final payment there are perks to price drop. We have a December cruise coming up. Price dropped and for 20.00 PP more we went from balcony to mini suite. I was totally happy with my balcony but though this was a deal. If i had chosen to stay in balcony i would of gotten a whopping 15.00 total OBC. You get 25% of the difference between price paid and new price. 

Did your perks change at all?  It looks like I can upgrade to a mini-suite for a small charge, but I am afraid I will lose my extra OBC (latitude benefit which they are no longer running).