How far ahead of final payment

I use a BB travel agent, I like to pay off before the end of the year for next year so it goes on my cash back and I have the cash before the cruise. This year I paid 70% of my cruises before 9-21 because on 9-22 Citibank stopped their CC travel insurance and I wanted to take advantage of that so I paid and downloaded the policy so I had it if I need it.

I will have my next year  cruises and excursions paid off before the end of the year.

Last year My TA paid my final payment because I had made it and the price dropped $1,150 1 day before final payment, I received a credit on my credit card and a deduct in my cash back for this year.

19 hours ago, mosiegirl said:

so how would someone be able to tap into the lower price?   do you have to file a claim for it? (seriously asking, this is our first Royal Caribbean Cruise line cruise coming up and I am only familiar with Carnivals lower price policy where there is an online form you need to fill in to get the lower price..   how is it done with this cruise line?

As stated previously, you just contact whomever you booked the cruise through.  

If you booked it yourself directly with Royal Caribbean, you call them and get them to reprice at the now-lower rate.  

If you booked through a travel agent, you call the TA to reprice it at the lower rate.

No forms to fill out, no claims to make -- just reprice it at the new rate (but only prior to the Final Payment Due Date). 

I pay about a week before final payment. If it is b2b then I pay the second cruise same time as the first cruise.  The second cruise I could be paying 3 weeks in advance on a b2b.  As others have said, I would rather have the money in my pocket until I have to pay the cruise line.  Now if Royal had the same pay early deal and get $200 OBC from 2 years ago, I would be paying early all the time.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:21 PM, TheChefslc said:

This current cruise we just paid in full. The price was $1100 for my family of 4 on a 6 night cruise. Our deposit was $1000 so we just got and and left it at that.

Tonight I decided to upgrade from an inside to an ocean view room 8164 for $230, I just paid that in full to. I do not expect any further discounts for this cruise. It's really a great price in my opinion.

As long as it is not within 90 days of your sailing date, you can still get any reductions in price that might come.

WHEN you pay is not important.  The final payment DATE (90 days prior) is the cut off for price reductions.

23 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I made our final payment 9 months in advance.

It does not matter WHEN you made your payment.

It matters when the final payment date is.  You would be eligible for price reductions up to the final payment date, even if you paid in full a year before.

HOWEVER, for a Dec 2001 cruise, the final payment date would have been in September.  So depending on what THAT date was, you would not be eligible for any price reductions.

SO if your cruise sailed on Dec 10, your final payment date would have been Sept 11.  So as of Sept 11, you would not have been be able to take advantage of any price drops.  NO MATTER WHEN YOU PAID.

• Like 1